2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

12 hours ago, snipe said:

I remember one year we chatted to some lad in the food village who had several A4 pages on the entire line up where he had rated and described each and every act on it in some detail.  That wasn't you was it?

Haha I've only been to EOTR once in 2017, pretty sure I was past my 'printing out the whole lineup several times to give to strangers' phase... the amount of paper I used for my first few Glastos was absolutely horrendous! These days I just chuck clashfinders at anyone camping near me, good way to make friends!

Next week is gonna be proper good eh! Starting the fun on Sunday, my americana/rock band Morganway's headlining the BeCider Seaside fest near Weymouth, only an hour from EOTR, do pop along if you're in the area and feeling impulsive, £27.50 for the Sunday, tickets still available here: https://www.bredyfarm.com/event/beciderseaside13 lineup on the fb event page here https://www.facebook.com/events/642224260057038

Live music is probably the best thing ever, am I wrong?

So am I picking up that we’re quite unusual (and a bit weird) in having listened through the entire lineup, having a spreadsheet with notes on each act, a colour coded clashfinder and (when set times come out) a daily plan of where we need to be when?

In our defence it does mean we can stop thinking once we’re through the gate and the plan does quite often go to hell in a hand basket

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Vamagus said:

So am I picking up that we’re quite unusual (and a bit weird) in having listened through the entire lineup, having a spreadsheet with notes on each act, a colour coded clashfinder and (when set times come out) a daily plan of where we need to be when?

In our defence it does mean we can stop thinking once we’re through the gate and the plan does quite often go to hell in a hand basket

Exactly!
1 - Discover new music from active acts (even if you miss them, they'll probably be touring soon)
2 - Minimise worrying about missing anything you don't know about when you're there
3 - Focus on drinking, eating, and wandering, especially when you know there's nobody that amazing on
Perfect way to spend a few days!

It does seem to be unusual... People I talk to (and some that I go with) seem amazed that I have a printed clashfinder and a vague plan. Given the effort and cost of getting to a festival though, I would hate to risk spending a significant amount of time watching things I don't much like, wondering if I'm missing out greatest thing ever on another stage!

Not playing music to kids in advance is another one I don't understand - if they don't know any of the songs, you can guarantee boredom and being dragged off to the kids area! Though annoyingly now mine is older he is forming his own sometimes different taste...

All part of the fun / buildup for me but some think I take it too seriously 😅

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Several reports of many people at Green Man coughing on the coach back and most not wearing masks.

Please can anyone on the coach put a damn mask on! In other countries this would be a given…

Whilst I agree, and I will personally be wearing one, surely this is unsurprising? People going to a fest on a coach heading solely to a festival where everyone most likely wont be wearing one anyway. It's not as if its public transport, or that when you're there you're in a position where you can easily avoid a non-mask wearer.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:13 PM, RedRockRick said:

So if no Rough Trade, no EOTR 2021 compilation I assume. Not altogether surprising with the line-up changes but still disappointing bearing in mind how far back they go. 

According to EOTR on FB, there will be a RT compilation, available from Stranger than Paradise

76845656_Screenshot2021-08-27at15_30_40.thumb.png.2700023446bb54878e20e126f1940cbd.png

3 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

Whilst I agree, and I will personally be wearing one, surely this is unsurprising? People going to a fest on a coach heading solely to a festival where everyone most likely wont be wearing one anyway. It's not as if its public transport, or that when you're there you're in a position where you can easily avoid a non-mask wearer.

Two different things.

The festival is outdoors or at least always offer some form of ventilation.

The coach is indoors with the worst possible lack of ventilation. 

I'm in Spain and maskwearing on all forms of shared transport is 100%.

Seems crazy to successfully avoid getting Covid all weekend and then get it on the coach home? 

Just now, xxialac said:

Two different things.

The festival is outdoors or at least always offer some form of ventilation.

The coach is indoors with the worst possible lack of ventilation. 

I'm in Spain and maskwearing on all forms of shared transport is 100%.

Seems crazy to successfully avoid getting Covid all weekend and then get it on the coach home? 

It still spreads outdoors, and there are tents that offer poor ventilation as well. When its not mandatory by law, its practically impossible for National Express and the like to police it. There's also the argument that because it's not public transport you're accepting the risk by getting on a coach, nobody is forcing you. I'm not against your point of view but there's going to be a plethora of arguments against it.

I will be wearing one, but at the end of the day, I'm not going to challenge anyone when really on paper they aren't doing anything wrong. I'll probably have my own personal thoughts on how selfish they are...but will keep those to myself. 🙂 

3 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

It still spreads outdoors, and there are tents that offer poor ventilation as well. When its not mandatory by law, its practically impossible for National Express and the like to police it. There's also the argument that because it's not public transport you're accepting the risk by getting on a coach, nobody is forcing you. I'm not against your point of view but there's going to be a plethora of arguments against it.

I will be wearing one, but at the end of the day, I'm not going to challenge anyone when really on paper they aren't doing anything wrong. I'll probably have my own personal thoughts on how selfish they are...but will keep those to myself. 🙂 

Sorry didn't mean to sound argumentative.

There are lots of things that are not against the law but are still antisocial and not wearing a mask in a crammed coach after mingling for 4 days is well in that category for me. 

It's also risking infecting the coach driver who effectively is being forced to get on that coach.

I'll ask people politely and accept a no (but will be sighing internally).

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

According to EOTR on FB, there will be a RT compilation, available from Stranger than Paradise

76845656_Screenshot2021-08-27at15_30_40.thumb.png.2700023446bb54878e20e126f1940cbd.png

I think it will be via the EOTR Merch Shop, rather than STP who messaged me on Twitter that they weren't doing it themselves. A number of tracks will be crossed out due to late artiste withdrawals, and won't play. And will be 16 minutes long.

Edited by RedRockRick
missed words

41 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There are lots of things that are not against the law but are still antisocial and not wearing a mask in a crammed coach after mingling for 4 days is well in that category for me. 

It's also risking infecting the coach driver who effectively is being forced to get on that coach.

No need to apologise, I didn't think you were being argumentative at all! 🙂 I genuinely agree with your points, but I'm just accepting that many folk wont wear a mask on the coach, and I'm not willing to challenge them on something where I can't really in the current climate take a moral high ground.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

A number of tracks will be crossed out due to late artiste withdrawals, and won't play.

It needs interjecting before we start speculating on who's most likely to get infected that while there were a few individuals missing, there was AFAIK one late artist withdrawl from Green Man and it's not clear whether that was Covid-related.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I was on a coach back from Green Man full of maskless people coughing and have just been pinged. It could only have been on the coach. There were signs asking people to mask. More than anything, it’s deeply inconsiderate to the driver. I was massively reticent about going to green man due to the journey — everything else felt like I had some control on distance / keeping space / wearing my mask. I’m now really regretting going and generally disappointed with how needlessly inconsiderate people are — the coach trip back (everyone was masked on the way there) has ruined the whole weekend. 

We sold our EOTR tickets as soon as we got back. For anyone in two minds — and of course we all have different ideas of what’s comfortable and what’s worth it — but if like me you’re anxious about exposure — I wish I’d stuck to my gut feeling and not gone. Absolutely each to their own and I’m gutted to be missing eotr, but the coach was not a safe environment IMO.

Edited by Unreal
  • Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Unreal said:

I was on a coach back from Green Man full of maskless people coughing and have just been pinged. It could only have been on the coach. There were signs asking people to mask. More than anything, it’s deeply inconsiderate to the driver. I was massively reticent about going to green man due to the journey — everything else felt like I had some control on distance / keeping space / wearing my mask. I’m now really regretting going and generally disappointed with how needlessly inconsiderate people are — the coach trip back (everyone was masked on the way there) has ruined the whole weekend. 

We sold our EOTR tickets as soon as we got back. For anyone in two minds — and of course we all have different ideas of what’s comfortable and what’s worth it — but if like me you’re anxious about exposure — I wish I’d stuck to my gut feeling and not gone. Absolutely each to their own and I’m gutted to be missing eotr, but the coach was not a safe environment IMO.

If you're anxious about exposure then festivals right now are probably not worth attending even if you don't plan on getting on a coach. I don't see how a coach journey was a make or break.