2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I think they will run the event but people won't enjoy it much with the impact of the social distancing and nor will it be profitable.

sadly I think you might be right. :( 

Looks like they might be able to save a bit of the (yet to be announced) line-up, so fingers crossed they can make it work. I'm not sure many people will go to festivals until they've seen others doing it.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

sadly I think you might be right. :( 

Looks like they might be able to save a bit of the (yet to be announced) line-up, so fingers crossed they can make it work. I'm not sure many people will go to festivals until they've seen others doing it.

Yes, sad times. So important that both a vaccine is found and the govt pulls their finger out or I fear for all these independent festivals.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

I think they will run the event but people won't enjoy it much with the impact of the social distancing and nor will it be profitable.

Their (Red Rooster that is) own FAQ pages say that even if they sell out, they'll make a loss on the 2020 event.

Presumably though a smaller loss than writing it off entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 7:50 AM, xxialac said:

I guess in the end they didn't fancy working hard on something that would cause them a financial loss and get a lukewarm reception. Who can blame them...

3 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

It looks like they worked exceptionally hard to make it work 😕

Although personally I still get the feeling it was a futile effort. 

Will be interesting to see if anything else goes ahead...i am keeping an eye on Beardy Folk but not exactly holding my breath. 

I didn't mean it as a criticism. Human nature not to give your absolute all to something that is pre-destined to fail and the right decision.

2 hours ago, teamcampesinos! said:

Every time, I am reminded that it is August, I immediately think of End of the Road and feel sad. 

Does anyone think they may do something online this year in lieu of the festival, like Green Man or (on a smaller scale) Glastonbury? If so, what would you expect? 

Yeah, I think they will broadcast some of their historic material

9 hours ago, teamcampesinos! said:

Every time, I am reminded that it is August, I immediately think of End of the Road and feel sad. 

Does anyone think they may do something online this year in lieu of the festival, like Green Man or (on a smaller scale) Glastonbury? If so, what would you expect? 

A lot of other festivals have done likewise but I've seen nothing from EOTR yet (has anyone asked them, come to think of it?) I hope so, though I don't know if they'd have a lot of old footage available or have the clout to commission special home-recorded songs.

18 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

A lot of other festivals have done likewise but I've seen nothing from EOTR yet (has anyone asked them, come to think of it?) I hope so, though I don't know if they'd have a lot of old footage available or have the clout to commission special home-recorded songs.

I was planning to have a sentimental wade-through of the masses of YouTube stuff. With a big lump in my throat, and sobbing uncontrollably.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, xxialac said:

"Over the next few months we will cheer you with news and updates on band bookings"

That was 4 months ago. News soon???

I'd say Garden Of Streaming was pretty big news... beyond that it's possible that having already committed to nearly all the biggest names from this year's bill they don't want to expand too far on those until they have some idea on how/whether 2021 will happen.

3 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd say Garden Of Streaming was pretty big news... beyond that it's possible that having already committed to nearly all the biggest names from this year's bill they don't want to expand too far on those until they have some idea on how/whether 2021 will happen.

Still doesn't address the lack of 'band bookings' update. 'Next few months'. Their words...

It should also be noted that Larmer Tree Festival, which according to Mr eFestivals is now owned by the person who runs EOTR production, have already announced it won't be happening in 2021, presumably to lesson the potential financial contraints on the bigger festival: https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/18711332.larmer-tree-festival-2021-cancelled/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...