Jump to content

2020 Line-up Thread


Recommended Posts

On 2/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, Lester_Freamon said:

Other than the acts playing Manchester Psych Festival, does anybody know of any EOTR-types acts who have gigs or other festivals in August/September and could therefore be in the second announcement?

I see Passenger and Gruff Rhys are playing Mosely Festival on the same weekend. 

Passenger? Jesus Christ no

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, here goes, a quick personal EOTR/GM comparison as someone who goes to both festivals.  Surroundings, outside of the site itself. Both great, but Green Man wins here. The mountains and the to

I dont think speculation at this stage is helpful. They wont have to make a decision until end of june/early july so let's see what the situation is like nearer the time.

I'll certainly be rolling my ticket over. EotR has become a thing that's worth a lot more to me than the ticket price, meet a group of friends there every year some of whom I only see the once a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

What makes you think that?

My reasoning is - I’d have thought there will be major interest in Bright Eyes, such that we might be looking at the Garden getting too full.

The easy way to solve that is by putting a big draw on the Woods stage at the same time, e.g. Pixies.

If they put Bright Eyes up against King Krule, it’s going to make it a big problem in my opinion.

The other possibility is they pull a Bill Callahan type solution and Bright Eyes are moved to the Woods...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Pixies will play Friday. Possibly Saturday. They are playing in Hungary on Wednesday and on their tour they tend to have a 2 or 3 day break when changing countries.

King Krule is supposedly a big name these days so could go up against Bright Eyes on Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I think Pixies will play Friday. Possibly Saturday. They are playing in Hungary on Wednesday and on their tour they tend to have a 2 or 3 day break when changing countries.

King Krule is supposedly a big name these days so could go up against Bright Eyes on Sunday.

I reckon sat for pixies. The biggest acts they generally put on Saturday 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, RustySpanner said:

My reasoning is - I’d have thought there will be major interest in Bright Eyes, such that we might be looking at the Garden getting too full.

The easy way to solve that is by putting a big draw on the Woods stage at the same time, e.g. Pixies.

If they put Bright Eyes up against King Krule, it’s going to make it a big problem in my opinion.

The other possibility is they pull a Bill Callahan type solution and Bright Eyes are moved to the Woods...

Nonsense, King Krule will get a big crowd - you're underestimating his popularity, especially among an increasingly young crowd. I'd imagine Bright Eyes will sub the mainstage, but perhaps they'll do the Garden... At this moment in time, Bright Eyes are no bigger than Parquet Courts were last year, and over-filled the Garden...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to see Damien Jurado in Bristol last night (partly to make up for not seeing him at EOTR 2018 , where he was replaced by the Wave Pictures due to illness). He was in solo singer-songwriter mode last night, just him and an electric acoustic guitar, but very enjoyable. The support act was Dana Gavanski, who I later found out will be playing EOTR 2020. I heard elements of Cate Le Bon, American folk and even Lola vs. Powerman era Kinks in her sound. She was good, definitely worth checking out, and I could see her working well in either the Tipi tent or early afternoon on the Garden stage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paulwa said:

I went to see Damien Jurado in Bristol last night (partly to make up for not seeing him at EOTR 2018 , where he was replaced by the Wave Pictures due to illness). He was in solo singer-songwriter mode last night, just him and an electric acoustic guitar, but very enjoyable. The support act was Dana Gavanski, who I later found out will be playing EOTR 2020. I heard elements of Cate Le Bon, American folk and even Lola vs. Powerman era Kinks in her sound. She was good, definitely worth checking out, and I could see her working well in either the Tipi tent or early afternoon on the Garden stage.

She was in session for Marc Riley towards the end of last year - I had one of those moments where you stop what you’re doing when she played One by One, absolutely magical. Can’t wait to see her at EOTR, one of my must sees 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...