2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

34 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Was he on his own or with a band? 

On his own. Laptop just kept cutting out completely on him mid flow. Was pretty much a disaster. He managed to get through "i need to keep you in my life" and it sounded fantastic tbf. Hardly anyone left from what i saw... I felt awful sneaking out myself tbh but the heat was killing me. 

I've seen him (under his 'William Doyle' name) both with a band and solo, and it did seem to work better playing with with others to be honest...seems like when he's on his own theres just so much for him to do. 

Such a shame to hear what happened to him though, as he's always saying how much he loves EOTR and I've seen him around the festival site even on years he wasn't playing. 

Teleman we’re poor (and I frikkin love Teleman) because of their technical issues.  Faffing around between songs killed the flow and, on top of that, I don’t think going down to three and losing their keyboard guy is working.  It cost them a song during the set too. Dropping Repeater from the set list was also an odd choice imo as it’s well suited to bigger crowds to get them jumping.  I doubt many came away wanting to see them on tour which is a shame as they are usually good fun.

Edited by March Hare

13 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Teleman we’re poor (and I frikkin love Teleman) because of their technical issues.  Faffing around between songs killed the flow and, on top of that, I don’t think going down to three and losing their keyboard guy is working.  It cost them a song during the set too. Dropping Repeater from the set list was also an odd choice imo as it’s well suited to bigger crowds to get them jumping.  I doubt many came away wanting to see them on tour which is a shame as they are usually good fun.

Yeah Teleman were really poor on the night, night and day from their Thursday night set the other year

39 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Can't disagree. They were in my top three must-see acts of the weekend & probably the only band I was disappointed in. Combination of poor setlist choice and technical issues I think.

3 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Can't disagree. They were in my top three must-see acts of the weekend & probably the only band I was disappointed in. Combination of poor setlist choice and technical issues I think.

Not good to hear as used to be a big fan, I found recent material a bit underwhelming though (family of Aliens etc). Just watched a couple of songs and pleased I made the right choice on this occasion to head off and see Wesley Gonzalez. He was great, though not a pretty sight! Did not want to see him get so sweaty and take his dripping shirt off!

Edited by Drutt

4 hours ago, March Hare said:

They were a last minute addition as a replacement for ???? and I suspect were dragged straight out of the rehearsal studio (tour starts Oct 10th) which might account for the rustiness.

Agree about going down to 3/no keyboard.

Also no Family of Aliens which was disappointing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr Boo said:

We have just got tickets. Been to Green Man, but never been to End of the Road, very excited 😊 

Very excited for you. The only problem you will now have is finding time to do both or to choose which to drop. 

2 hours ago, SighMo said:

Very excited for you. The only problem you will now have is finding time to do both or to choose which to drop. 

I’m in this predicament. line up depending it might be a post 17:00 arrival on Thursday and 21:00 departure on Sunday so it only uses a day of leave. That way I can still do Green Man, Glastonbury and one other.

• Like 1

Been to EOTR and Bluedot….

Bluedot

- great site under the telescope

- music is more down “dance” end

- we had worse rain than GM and the site muddied up fast

- food choices seemed more limited than EOTR though they did have pasties

- science talks were fascinating 

- toilets were pretty bad

- we didn’t find it the friendliest crowd & and felt out of place as Southerners (which was weird as Kendal Calling was the opposite)

• Like 1

Enjoyed the one BD I've been to, but very different feel. The low end of the bill has much less depth and quality, but on the other hand they have bigger headliners. We went the year of Hot Chip, Kraftwerk, and New Order, all were amazing in the telescope setting (esp Kraftwerk).

The Science talks/exhibitions are good. 

Lots of people come just for the day to hit the headliner they want. 

Even though the telescope is cool, the rest of the arena is a bit rubbish. The food/drink is meh. If it rains it gets churned up and then there is nowhere to sit (chairs not allowed). There is a VIP bar thing. It's all wristband cashless (on balance, this actually works well, better than waving the machine in the air and hoping)

But the crowd were certainly up for it and we had a great time. I'd go again for sure, but only for a headliner I wanted to see (Bjork is not that for me)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snipe said:

Thinking of giving Bluedot a try over Eotr next year. Anyone been to both and can compare?

Only went once, but I found Bluedot to be much more a ‘gig in a field’ than a festival, really. And none of that sense of community you get at EOTR. By the Sunday at eotr, it feels like you recognise half of the crowd, ‘there’s that fella with the daft hat, there’s that game old girl with the silver cane, theres that bloke that looks like a 70s undercover cop, there’s those really annoying old fellas with the flashing LEDs on their heads/waistcoats’

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JHad said:

Are you referring to the guy who got on stage for a whole song during Warmduscher?!

Don’t think so. There was a group of more senior attendees (at a guess late 50s/early 69s?) who had flashing lights attached to their hair/hats/waistcoats/rings. Wandered in about half way through Anna Meredith, pushed past some people on the left hand side and then stood there distracting the fuck out of everybody nearby and basically fucking up the show. Attention seeking arseholes. Didn’t seem to understand that it wasn’t all about them. 

12 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Don’t think so. There was a group of more senior attendees (at a guess late 50s/early 69s?) who had flashing lights attached to their hair/hats/waistcoats/rings. Wandered in about half way through Anna Meredith, pushed past some people on the left hand side and then stood there distracting the fuck out of everybody nearby and basically fucking up the show. Attention seeking arseholes. Didn’t seem to understand that it wasn’t all about them. 

That group (two couples) are there every year (and at Glastonbury).

Almost fixtures now. Been going all the years that I have.

30 minutes ago, Copperface said:

That group (two couples) are there every year (and at Glastonbury).

Almost fixtures now. Been going all the years that I have.

Yeah, I’ve seen them around before I think, but I was still staggered at the selfishness of it. Only bit of anti-social behaviour I saw all weekend