2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

10 hours ago, benali said:

Guardian review here. Maybe a bit harsh on Damon Albarn but then I only saw about half an hour of his set. Can't say I've seen anyone else mention him here so far as a highlight though.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/sep/06/end-of-the-road-2021-review-little-simz-hot-chip-damon-albarn

I think they are off the mark. Damon Albarn was one of the stand out performances for me and Jonny Greenwood’s “enraptured” crowd was looking very thin during the last 20 mins of his set. I enjoyed it though. 

59 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Anyone catch Golden Dregs on the garden? Magical stuff. 

Yes, really nice. great start to the day. Only spoiled by clash with Melin Melyn but that was rammed and too early for me to jump about! He did a Piano stage set too I think - that must have been good.

I had a great time! As many have said, Little Simz was incredible and probably my highlight but so many to choose from. Already dreaming of my return next year to watch Rob Auton do basically the same routine for the 4th EOTR in a row and to still come away beaming. 

The only question I have left is, what happened to the missing eggs??!

12 minutes ago, Drutt said:

Yes, really nice. great start to the day. Only spoiled by clash with Melin Melyn but that was rammed and too early for me to jump about! He did a Piano stage set too I think - that must have been good.

yeah, that Melin Melyn was superb, one of the best sets of the weekend but bloody hell, it was sweaty and humid in there, proper soupy.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

yeah, that Melin Melyn was superb, one of the best sets of the weekend but bloody hell, it was sweaty and humid in there, proper soupy.

Although I enjoyed it, this was perhaps my most disappointing set of the weekend. The cover of Orange Juice's Rip it Up just emphasised the comparative weakness of the writing in their own songs.

Just my opinion - don't flay me alive people.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Real shame they didn't get them in for a late night surprise act. I was really hopeful, and apparently they were up for it. Just got to see last song from the back of the queue outside after Golden Dregs, and it looked great. Maybe saved me from getting Covid on the first full day though 😉

Really enjoyed the Big Joanie Teepee set. Apart from a couple of listens pre festival they’d passed me by. Seems they’re pretty expensive to catch live now, playing O2 venues and just about impossible to buy Sistahs on vinyl for a sensible price. 

36 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Really enjoyed the Big Joanie Teepee set. Apart from a couple of listens pre festival they’d passed me by. Seems they’re pretty expensive to catch live now, playing O2 venues and just about impossible to buy Sistahs on vinyl for a sensible price. 

Really good. I saw them in 2017 at the Supersonic festival. Then they got on the Karaoke doing early Black Sabbath 

On 9/6/2021 at 8:33 PM, domjon said:

Did William Doyle manage to sort his gremlins out... Was too hot in there for me to stick that out but really felt for him... The couple of tracks he managed to get through before i left sounded great tbf

Sadly not, he did 2 more tracks, one of which failed half way through at an epic moment (may have been an East India Youth track). I stayed to the end and he got a lot of love; what I did hear was wonderful.