2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Just now, JPO said:

Naima Bock has confirmed the Talking Heads Stage at 7.15 - so replacing Gwenifer Raymond

That'll teach me for making assumptions. Wonder if they'll just move the other Saturday Tipi times around, though that would cause chaos with absolutely every stage time format (or they only just found out and haven't booked anyone yet)

Meanwhile:

Properly disappointed that Sam Lee isn't going to be there. Got to be honest, it's EOTR eve, I should be giddy with anticipation, but not feeling it so much after all of this shite this week. Artists pulling out, no Beavertown, the festival not releasing set times etc. None of it big stuff individually, but feels a bit like it's going to be not as enjoyable as usual.

Just stuck the out of office on and logged off. Now I'm massively excited.

All the last minute changes just make it even more intriguing and eventful.

Tempted to leave now and sleep in the car outside like one of those weird people who queue up overnight for a slightly newer iPhone.

2 minutes ago, benali said:

Just stuck the out of office on and logged off. Now I'm massively excited.

All the last minute changes just make it even more intriguing and eventful.

Tempted to leave now and sleep in the car outside like one of those weird people who queue up overnight for a slightly newer iPhone.

See you in half an hour, cool box is full🤣

14 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Properly disappointed that Sam Lee isn't going to be there. Got to be honest, it's EOTR eve, I should be giddy with anticipation, but not feeling it so much after all of this shite this week. Artists pulling out, no Beavertown, the festival not releasing set times etc. None of it big stuff individually, but feels a bit like it's going to be not as enjoyable as usual.

how-to-party-or-what.gif

What would young Mardy say?

On 8/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, Mardy said:

Its a fair point, I think it's going to inevitably not be the EOTR we know and love this year, there's going to be cancellations, additional measures, admin, hassle. It's not going to be the straightforward 'everything just works'  thing that we've all got used to. 

But it's alright. Frankly, after being stuck in Russia for 9 months, after not seeing my friends for nigh on two years, I'll take a bit of ballache and the odd last-minute dropout. Right now, I'd be happy enough to sit on a field for 3 days while @Brave Sir Robinjust presses shuffle on his playlist. 

Edited by The Nal

13 minutes ago, Mardy said:

It deffo feels a bit more chaotic than I'd like, but given everything I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

TBH I never thought Beavertown were coming back - since the last one they've opened the new brewery in Spurs, they're just a totally different entity to 2 years ago. They advertise on buses now.

• Like 1

I think theres study in this thread due sometime. Post lockdown/eve of festival clash of emotions. Like 2 trucks colliding head on. Unique stuff really. First gig Ive been at since Feb 14th 2020, my first mass event since then too. It seems like a form of festival birthday blues around the place at times. 

But alas, this time in 24 hours most of us will be in a field with friends watching a gig with a booze in hand. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I think theres study in this thread due sometime. Post lockdown/eve of festival clash of emotions. Like 2 trucks colliding head on. Unique stuff really. First gig Ive been at since Feb 14th 2020, my first mass event since then too. It seems like a form of festival birthday blues around the place at times. 

But alas, this time in 24 hours most of us will be in a field with friends watching a gig with a booze in hand. 

I've not seen live music (apart from buskers) since January 2020. I can't bloody wait! Would I have liked the set times in advance? Yes. Is it going to spoil my enjoyment? Absolutely 100% not!

3 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

It's incredible that the Green Man somehow managed to pull that line up off, in such short notice. With out cancellations. Extremely lucky 

Well with End of the Road being at the end of the festival season, most bands will have had plenty of chances to catch covid by now unfortunately. 

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I was lucky enough to be at one of Squid's socually distanced shows in Falmouth a month or two back, but yeah, this absolutely on the money. Only been to two gigs since A Winged Victory for the Sullen at Bristol Trinity in February 2020. 

Tonorrow, we drink, we dance. 

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

yeah, you're right, once the tent is up, and pints are flowing, things will be fine

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Not ideal is it? Might as well have closed all the other stages for Little Simz though imo.

ooooft thats an opinion 😉 !

nothing against Simz but 'some' of us have equally strong opinions for WH Lung. and doubtless others for the remaining clashees (is that even a word?)

as said above, nice problem to face eh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riverlodge said:

ooooft thats an opinion 😉 !

nothing against Simz but 'some' of us have equally strong opinions for WH Lung. and doubtless others for the remaining clashees (is that even a word?)

as said above, nice problem to face eh.

Haha I was only kidding. She's just one of my standouts this year, I think she's gonna be rising up the ranks massively if this new album hits (which it probably will).

I would be absolutely gutted about the Little Sims/Arab Strap clash, proper headfuck, but fortunately I’ve got tickets to see them on the Wednesday. Still might leg it over after LS finishes to catch ‘The First Big Weekend’ as the set close on the Garden Stage.