2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Just now, The Nal said:

Are people just looking for a whinge? Yeah stage times would be nice but we kinda know when acts are playing. Hardly like they're saying "the festival might be cancelled but turn up anyway and see". Can fine tune the gigs when we're there if needs be. They'll be on the board for all to see.

It takes a minute to post a picture of the times from the programme.

It’s also expected practice. I go to a lot if festivals and even in covid times they've always shared the set times.

It’s a totally valid complaint.

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Are people just looking for a whinge? Yeah stage times would be nice but we kinda know when acts are playing. Hardly like they're saying "the festival might be cancelled but turn up anyway and see". Can fine tune the gigs when we're there if needs be. They'll be on the board for all to see.

Yes, and the Clashfinder will have been tweaked to fit ASAP. Amazed at how many people don’t use it. 

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It takes a minute to post a picture of the times from the programme.

It’s also expected practice. I go to a lot if festivals and even in covid times they've always shared the set times.

It’s a totally valid complaint.

What's the big downside of not having them until tomorrow? 

11 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Look, I like to plan as much as the next man, but Christ, get some perspective. They're made a decision not to post the times beforehand, deal with it. The sense of entitlement coming over regarding these set times is quite pathetic really.

Don’t agree.

We overwhelmingly give them lots of praise on here. It’s balanced to point out occasions where they go wrong.

48 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What’s the big downside to the organisers in sharing them in advance?

There must be some reason? I doubt Simon is sat about twiddling his thumbs on the week of the festival laughing at people asking for it on Twitter. 

46 minutes ago, robith said:

it's annoying and a bit shoddy, but Glastonbury this is not. You could legitimately watch 15 minutes of every band playing at this festival. How much planning really can you do?

Yeah seems a very odd thing to be directing loads of energy at the day before the festival. You can "plan" an EOTR day in a couple of minutes. We're not going interrailing. 

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

We're not going interrailing. 

*starts repacking*

Very, very much looking forward to this weekend. Been incredibly busy, but will try to post both my usual festival weather forecast and a few tips on acts tonight or in the morning, as I've been lucky enough to see a lot of them already this summer. 

5 minutes ago, Drutt said:

I like the stage times before I leave home, mainly because I don't have a colour printer at my tent, but not a big deal to take a pen to transfer the colours from clashfinder to the programme on arrival. My OCD part will cope I think...

You can always leave the festival every morning when they post the times and travel to a printing company in Salisbury who will print the clashfinder out in colour for you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

One thing everyone has failed to mention is that if you know the set times in advance then you know clashes.

And if you know clashes, you can listen to the acts a bit more to decide which you prefer.

Well yeah, but that’s only really useful if they come out a week minimum before the fest. Doesn’t really make any difference if they come out today or tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/GweniferRaymond/status/1433039474951430152

Never mind where and when we'll learn the stage times, is it too much to hope the festival might actually announce that three of their acts have pulled out in the last 24 hours? Or will they just endlessly link to the Covid protocol page again?

Edited by SweepingTheNation

I imagine the uncertainty with times is havoc for neurodoverse people.

And really a clashfinder or app is by far the easiest way to inform people of changes in the covid era. They're in the programme is pathetic really as guaranteed to be wrong by the event. 

There isn't any benefit to what they're doing.

2 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

I imagine the uncertainty with times is havoc for neurodoverse people.

And really a clashfinder or app is by far the easiest way to inform people of changes in the covid era. They're in the programme is pathetic really as guaranteed to be wrong by the event. 

There isn't any benefit to what they're doing.

If the times were released yesterday as people on here demanded they'd be it would now be wrong. It's not like the festival is going to hoodwink people who are on site into thinking those are still playing until the last minute.

Question: is anyone actually looking forward to EOTR? Because right now it doesn't seem so.

Edited by SweepingTheNation