2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Trying to recapture some cash maybe? It’s funny I always thought that the Glasto approach (free program) was generous, but the poster who made the train table comparison earlier got me thinking.

The tickets aren’t cheap… I shouldn’t have to pay for times.

Anyhow. A mild annoyance which is just a symptom of my excitement! I won’t care come tomorrow 🤘

Just now, The Nal said:

Couple of bands now in the last few days. Which is why releasing the stage times earlier might not make sense. We may even see a few cancellations over the weekend. 

Yep, presume it'll be the same regs for them as for us, i.e negative LFT in the 48 hours prior to arrival. If some of them aren't arriving to play until Sunday, they might not drop out till Sat.

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Couple of bands now in the last few days. Which is why releasing the stage times earlier might not make sense. We may even see a few cancellations over the weekend. 

Sure, but saying "look at the programme" makes even less sense given that it was likely printed over a week ago..

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

But as the programmes will all be (very slightly) wrong, I don't see any distinction with set times posted online being very slightly wrong too.

Experience of other festivals is very few cancellations.

Weren’t any at all at APE day i went to on Monday.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

But as the programmes will all be (very slightly) wrong, I don't see any distinction with set times posted online being very slightly wrong too.

Experience of other festivals is very few cancellations.

Weren’t any at all at APE day i went to on Monday.

There was AFAIK one at Green Man (Aoife Nessa Frances, who before anyone runs with this is currently touring) and it's unclear whether that was actually Covid-related. Thing here is because this board has been so broadly negative over the last few months people have got it into their head that loads of acts are obviously going to pull out, which hasn't really been the case anywhere.

In any case, whatever the reason for not releasing times in advance (which Green Man do for Thursdays if not the rest of the week, presumably so you know what time to get there) it's not because of potential pullouts or no festival/event would be doing it. There have always been late withdrawls from festival bills for illness or travel reasons.