2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Industry wide problem. I feel the same about gigs. It seems to be nearly impossible to find out what time the band are on stage. Just fucking tell me so I can plan my evening, and work out getting transport to and from the show. I'm baffled as to why everybody seems to just accept it

Certainly for festivals it keeps the clicks going.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Certainly for festivals it keeps the clicks going.

I doubt that the EotR team are sitting there holding off on announcing stagetimes in order to sneakily build a fortune from people clicking on their site.

They’ll be busy putting on the festival. If things are a bit different this year, and announcements are delayed while more important stuff - and no doubt unexpected last-minute hitches - are attended to, then we should all be grown up and accommodating enough to accept that.

We’d all love the stagetimes, and I’ve got my highlighter at the ready too. But it’s not that big a deal right now, and the organisers deserve a bit of slack right now rather than misplaced jaded cynicism, as if we’re all being hard done to here.

Edited by idyllwild
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, idyllwild said:

I doubt that the EotR team are sitting there holding off on announcing stagetimes in order to sneakily build a fortune from people clicking on their site.

They’ll be busy putting on the festival. If things are a bit different this year, and announcements are delayed while more important stuff - and no doubt unexpected let-minute hitches - are attended to, then we should all be grown up and accomplish enough to accept that.

We’d all love the stagetimes, and I’ve got my highlighter at the ready too. But it’s not that big a deal right now, and the organisers deserve a bit of slack right now rather than misplaced jaded cynicism, as if we’re all being hard done to here.

But...but...but... I need to know if I can see Black Country New Road AND WH Lung!!! Don't they understand?!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, idyllwild said:

They’ll be busy putting on the festival. If things are a bit different this year, and announcements are delayed while more important stuff - and no doubt unexpected let-minute hitches - are attended to, then we should all be grown up and accomplish enough to accept that.

Great, thanks for the peptalk Grandad.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, idyllwild said:

They’ll be busy putting on the festival. If things are a bit different this year, and announcements are delayed while more important stuff - and no doubt unexpected last-minute hitches - are attended to, then we should all be grown up and accommodating enough to accept that.

Don’t think people are being cynical generally.

It’s not a big job to put up the stage times is it though? Prob take one person an hour max.

In fact they’re welcome this year to just take a picture of the programme and bung that on twitter which would take minutes.

Not inconceivable we’ll get something today as obviously they’ll be working…

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don’ think people are being cynical generally.

It’s not a big job to put up the stage times is it though? Prob take one person an hour max.

In fact they’re welcome this year to just take a picture of the programme and bung that on twitter which would take minutes.

Obviously it's not a big deal to hit "Send", but I guess it depends on who needs to do what and if they're busy doing other stuff. Maybe they're manually putting inserts into the programme because the printed stagetimes are no longer accurate. 😄

I want the stagetimes out as much as anyone else, the sooner the better. I just don't see why people seem to be getting properly upset about it, as if Simon etc are taking the piss out of them.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Its perfectly reasonable to assume that there'll be changes up until the last minute. All of these bands, crew staff etc all still have restrictions to go through before they play. Getting gear into the country, get swabs, passenger locator forms, close contacts, flights change (as mine did for EOTR- 1 cancelled and 1 delayed) etc etc. 

That isn't the reason. By my count there's seven acts from outside the British Isles playing and at least two, maybe three are already over here. There's a chance they could all come over safely and ready to go but Alexis/Jason/Archie/Laetitia then test positive. They'll do what literally every other festival does - put out the stage times and then later if necessary let it be known that x has had to pull out but (hopefully) y is replacing them in the same slot.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don’ think people are being cynical generally.

The forelock tuggers won't like this one dude. Think of the festival willya? 😃

2 minutes ago, idyllwild said:

Obviously it's not a big deal to hit "Send", but I guess it depends on who needs to do what and if they're busy doing other stuff. Maybe they're manually putting inserts into the programme because the printed stagetimes are no longer accurate. 😄

I want the stagetimes out as much as anyone else, the sooner the better. I just don't see why people seem to be getting properly upset about it, as if Simon etc are taking the piss out of them.

I don't think people are "properly upset"

Just pointing out that with less than 3 days to go, they obviously have the programme in place and set times drawn up...so why not take a picture of the times that they can describe as provisional, post it on twitter and keep punters happy?

To be honest I'm not too fussed about the set times, any plans I make now will change when I'm there anyway.

I've marked my clashfinder with who I want to see and where there are clashes I'll go where the mood takes me - it's a festival, I can't see everybody I'd like to and rushing around trying to ruins the day.

So the peeps that chose to mooch around oblivious all weekend - super. Nothing unusual in that. A noble festival persuit.

Some of us would like the info 3 days beforehand however.. If thats not for you, ace. To suggest we're "properly upset" or that us asking somehow irks you - take a couple hours off.

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

So the peeps that chose to mooch around oblivious all weekend - super. Nothing unusual in that. A noble festival persuit.

Some of us would like the info 3 days beforehand however.. If thats not for you, ace. To suggest we're "properly upset" or that us asking somehow irks you - take a couple hours off.

Speak for yourself... I'm properly upset x 10. I DEMAND STAGE TIMES!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

I don't think people are "properly upset"

Just pointing out that with less than 3 days to go, they obviously have the programme in place and set times drawn up...so why not take a picture of the times that they can describe as provisional, post it on twitter and keep punters happy?

Didn't Green Man do the same though?

One mate was a bit grumpy that they had to buy a program to get any stage times.

Green Man always do that (which is why people are always trying to get the settlers to photo the programme the week before). 

EOTR usually publish the set times the week before - for example in 2019 they were published on 23/08 for a 29/08 start. 

so late this year hence the anxiety raising amongst those of us who like to plan out the whole weekend