2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

53 minutes ago, WFD said:

The latter, but the current Clashfinder shouldn't be miles out.  I could do with Katy J Pearson being first on (rather than the current tbc) on the Friday to ease a potential multiple clash.

I expect Gwenno to be in the Cinema tent - as it says on the line up page - so all the Friday Big Top acts should be pushed back a slot 

3 minutes ago, swashbubbler said:

I expect Gwenno to be in the Cinema tent - as it says on the line up page - so all the Friday Big Top acts should be pushed back a slot 

Yes there is that, though that won't solve it - in fact it might make it worse if Just Mustard are brought into it. 

2 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Sunday is currently the clash nightmare for me, so hopefully some timings are out :

WH Lung / Fenne Lily / Black Country New Road / Crack Cloud

Arab Strap / Yard Act / Dry Cleaning / Big Joanie

I think Darren Hayman is an odd choice for the late Tipi slot on Sunday. Previously there have been 9 bands playing the Tipi with first starting around 11.30. That might solve the Fenne Lily / WH Lung clash but doesn't help the Yard Act one at all

2 hours ago, snipe said:

Did times come out or are people just complaining about the clashes that are happening with the placeholder times in the Clashfinder?

They're the times from 2019 I added a few weeks ago as a placeholder when I created the Clashfinder. I think Swashbubbler (who's done most of the leg work) may have adjusted a couple to fit in the bands as they appeared on the poster, but they are definitely not (as the print advisory of '5 - do not even think about' hopefully suggests) the final times. 

1 hour ago, swashbubbler said:

I think Darren Hayman is an odd choice for the late Tipi slot on Sunday. 

I very much doubt someone listed as headliner is playing a slot that's traditionally one of the surprises. If you move Eve Owen back to midday and cut Big Joanie to 45 minutes Hayman fits in at 22:00-22:45, leaving half an hour for the first late TBC. Sarathy Korwar and Sorry's sets should also fit in before 11pm by moving the start back and the first Saturday surprise set forward slightly.

After this year’s festival, I would love to hear about two things from people:

1. The act you weren’t expecting much of, who blew you away. 
2. The act you had high expectations of, who didn’t live up to it. 

I’m thinking Sleaford Mods might fit no.1 for me, with Squid fulfilling no.2, but we shall see!

1 minute ago, paulwa said:

I’m thinking Sleaford Mods might fit no.1 for me, with Squid fulfilling no.2, but we shall see!

Ha! Think I could be similar. I really REALLY want Squid to be awesome but they don't have the tunes (as far as I can tell to date). The early EPs/singles were fab. The album hasnt clicked for me (yet).

That's the joy of the festival, I always come back with a new favourite band. Previous years have introduced me to Margo Price, The Burning Hell, Bodega, David Thomas Broughton, John Murry etc etc. No idea now who I'll be raving about come September 6th, and that's a big part of why I go.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, 

Couple of questions re tangerine fields. Do you think it's just past the folly in the top field? 

Presumably parking is close by also? 

Also, if you've used before are the double man tents squashed together or is there some room in between for e.g. a couple of camping chairs? 

And phone charging seems free? 

Thanksxx

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Ha! Think I could be similar. I really REALLY want Squid to be awesome but they don't have the tunes (as far as I can tell to date). The early EPs/singles were fab. The album hasnt clicked for me (yet).

They were excellent at GM. A good mix of tripped out psych moments crossed with their more upbeat material.

Plus they're an exceptional band who really think about what they are doing and enjoy every minute. No chance they will ever phone in a performance or stand around looking like they'd rather be at home.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, changingman said:

re tangerine fields. Do you think it's just past the folly in the top field? 

Presumably parking is close by also? 

Also, if you've used before are the double man tents squashed together or is there some room in between for e.g. a couple of camping chairs? 

And phone charging seems free? 

Don't think it is clear which half of the field will be Tangerine fields but if I had to guess I reckon the other fancier options would be closer to the showers so TF would be the top?   There is a boutique parking but as it is all new this year no idea how far it will be.  Tents had more room between them than your average campsite so you should be fine to sit a couple outside but you won't be getting a 12 big circle worshipping a beerhenge in there.

There was phone charging in the boutique in the past in the pamper tent.  You bring your own charger and you try get a socket on the plug extenders that start resembling the IIS after a while. Get a power bank and save yourself the time of trying to deal with it I'd say.

3 hours ago, paulwa said:

Good shout. I’ve been watching some of Squids online gigs over the last year and they have been superb, such a tight band. SM I’m not sure about headlining Woods - but I’ve never seen a bad set from them yet. I’ll be at Jonny Greenwood anyway but may pop over for a bit unless it’s too good to leave.

I’m thinking 1. BCNR & 2. Dry Cleaning. Hope I’m wrong on no.2

13 hours ago, paulwa said:

How's that work? You're expecting Squid not to live up to your high expectations? So your expectations are actually low, and if they're not very good they will have lived up to your expectation.