2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Yeah, no idea how many time I've seen Hot Chip, but it's never a bad gig. Always a life-affirming joyous experience, and exactly what I need for the Friday of the first festival in a couple of years. Back with a bang.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

A campfire and DJs? Where would they even fit, given the only regular campfire is close to Tipi?

From the drinks section on the website

'bringing their whole Campfire experience to the newly named Campfire Bar down in the Gardens where Beavertown used to be. They will also be bringing some pals with them, including BBQ masters From The Ashes'

35 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, no idea how many time I've seen Hot Chip, but it's never a bad gig. Always a life-affirming joyous experience, and exactly what I need for the Friday of the first festival in a couple of years. Back with a bang.

They're one of the best British singles band of the last 20 years. They're brilliant live. They are perfect for this.

I looked at their setlist for Standon Calling and got genuine chills

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I've never felt the need to buy any of their records but I saw them at Glastonbury a few years ago & was surprised how much I enjoyed them.

Like you say, they should be a perfect Friday night party - great fun!

• Upvote 1

Genuinely torn between Hot Chip and John Grant. 

Seen them both many times and I’m hard pushed to choose.

However as our first festival in 2 years, dancing to Hot Chip will be the way to go (there may be tear of joy as they give us back our happy place)

36 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I've never felt the need to buy any of their records but I saw them at Glastonbury a few years ago & was surprised how much I enjoyed them.

Like you say, they should be a perfect Friday night party - great fun!

^This^ never really fussed... then caught them at NOS Alive in Lisbon a few years back. It was a fucking brilliant set and I've been gagging to see them again ever since.

Current Top 10 most-highlighted on the Clashfinder so far (clashfinder.com/s/eotr2021):

1. Stereolab
  2. Squid
  3. Dry Cleaning
  4. Black Country, New Road
  5. Hot Chip
  6. Damon Albarn
  7. The Comet is Coming
  8. Warmduscher
  9. Arlo Parks
  10. Little Simz

All the usual caveats apply about the this not being representative of the whole festival etc. Having said that, any surprises there?

Well Stereolab are obviously top purely because they only have competition from the Tipi acts. Obviously not representative but is another thing to suggest the interest isn’t really there for King Krule, could see the site being quite empty by the time he plays as people go home early tbh.

6 minutes ago, JHad said:

Current Top 10 most-highlighted on the Clashfinder so far (clashfinder.com/s/eotr2021):

1. Stereolab
  2. Squid
  3. Dry Cleaning
  4. Black Country, New Road
  5. Hot Chip
  6. Damon Albarn
  7. The Comet is Coming
  8. Warmduscher
  9. Arlo Parks
  10. Little Simz

All the usual caveats apply about the this not being representative of the whole festival etc. Having said that, any surprises there?

No surprises in that lot or in the ones that don’t make it.

Does suggest people don't rate the headliners that much this year.

10 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Comet is Coming and Anna Meredith is also a brutal clash 

Vast fucking lack of understanding from a scheduling perspective. Two biggest jazz names on the bill.

/I know Anna isnt explicitly in the jazz idiom, but you get my point.

Edited by Wooderson

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Absolute clusterfuck of a Saturday afternoon with Squid/Comet/Chubby/Anna Meredith all overlapping. 

it's the perfect build of getting out of your mind building throughout the day too, Peel me off the sky during Anna Meredith