2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

4 hours ago, VolumetricFox said:

Interview with Simon Taffe (EOTR Director) on the challenges of putting the festival on. The first 15 minutes of this podcast.

https://monocle.com/radio/shows/monocle-on-culture/515/

Oof mentioned having trouble getting contractors for toilets etc... Hope they can keep up the high standards if andyloos ain't there

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I reckon that if there is someone - which might be because of The Goon Sax's late cancellation, their statement said they (or at least the two still in Australia, I believe one of them lives in London) were ready to come over despite the border restrictions but a family member fell ill - to come in on Friday Woods it'll be announced with the stage times, which they've done before. I'm still not entirely sure it won't be Wet Leg, not just because they're from just over the water and having a late announced early slot feeds into the hype but because they were both part of Plastic Mermaids' choir in 2018 and - here's something that doesn't get mentioned very often in their press - their singer used to be a solo act (as Rhain) and played the Tipi in 2016.

Wet Leg could only play on the Thursday and even that is dubious given tour routing.

5 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Wait! What?

Rhain is in Wet Leg? I remember her, saw her in the Tipi that year. Extraordinary voice. Completely did not recognise her, visually or vocally. Not that I'm doubting you but we are certain about this?

(NB I saw Slow Club twice nine years apart and didn't even realise it was the same band until another couple of years afterwards.)

It was Breaking More Waves blog that tipped me off, but there's a few reviews that mention it.

8 minutes ago, domjon said:

Oof mentioned having trouble getting contractors for toilets etc... Hope they can keep up the high standards if andyloos ain't there

There appears to have been trouble with toilets at all the festivals this year, both the quality of suppliers/supply and the state they're left in. I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I gather a lot of the main companies are contracted out to testing sites.

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2021 at 8:00 PM, Mardy said:

Anyone see Richard Dawson at the Edinburgh fest last night? He was my absolute highlight in 2018, and I'm intrigued as to what he's doing now and what kind of band he's with, presumably mainly stuff from the '2020' album and not so much from 'Peasant'

He was incredible at Greenman - probably my favourite. Set list seemed a mix of new and older stuff. Hen Ogledd were amazing as well despite being without Rhodri

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, staffop said:

He was incredible at Greenman - probably my favourite. Set list seemed a mix of new and older stuff. Hen Ogledd were amazing as well despite being without Rhodri

I really enjoyed both sets.

There was a young kid next to me on the barrier at Hen Ogledd, barely tall enough to see over, singing and bouncing along - it was a delight to see. 

• Like 1

Anyone fancy a John-off?

Put ur top tip John at the top and ur jilted John at the bottom, with the Johns in order in between. I'll also accept Janes and Joanies.

👇 Top Tip John

John Grant

Jonny Greenwood

Jane Weaver

John (TIMESTWO)

Jonny Dillon

Big Joanie

John Francis Flynn

☝️Jilted John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Wet Leg could only play on the Thursday and even that is dubious given tour routing.

Hadn't realised they had those support slots. I reckon it's just about possible they could do the support in London on the Friday, finish by half 8 or 9 and make a 2am slot at EotR? I vaguely recall a band doing something similar in 2018, I think. Perhaps someone has a better memory!

36 minutes ago, JHad said:

Hadn't realised they had those support slots. I reckon it's just about possible they could do the support in London on the Friday, finish by half 8 or 9 and make a 2am slot at EotR? I vaguely recall a band doing something similar in 2018, I think. Perhaps someone has a better memory!

Big respect if they can pull that off!

6 minutes ago, swashbubbler said:

and also confirming there's no clash with Kikagaku Moyo and Stereolab

This is terrific news.

Looking back at 2019, there were 6 acts on Thursday: 4 in the tipi (plus the silent disco) and 2 on the Woods stage. The day splits poster for this year lists 7 acts on Thursday so looks like an earlier start on the Woods Stage to accommodate 3 acts that night.