2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

10 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

A campfire and DJs? Where would they even fit, given the only regular campfire is close to Tipi?

Is there room in the previously Beavertown area? 

The cider bus has a DJ/campfire, but it is still listed as the cider bus on the map so surely not being replaced with two tribes?

Edited by goldengirl

At least 5,000 of the 50,000 people who attended Boardmasters have been shown to have developed Covid. Obviously a lot of differences between the two festivals but the Covid entry requirements were the same as EOTR.

Not being doom mongering, just pointing out there are risks. 

Just now, xxialac said:

At least 5,000 of the 50,000 people who attended Boardmasters have been shown to have developed Covid. Obviously a lot of differences between the two festivals but the Covid entry requirements were the same as EOTR.

Until you mentioned it the other week, I hadn't really considered the consequences with flights, but I'm due to fly back to Moscow a week or so after EOTR and need a negative PCR covid test. Got to say, I'm a bit concerned now

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Until you mentioned it the other week, I hadn't really considered the consequences with flights, but I'm due to fly back to Moscow a week or so after EOTR and need a negative PCR covid test. Got to say, I'm a bit concerned now

Yeah, I live abroad so cant afford to be positive and stuck in the uk after the festival.

Boardmasters a lot of reckless teens and a more crowded event but cant help all the same but think there’s some risk in the tipi and on the coach.

"Of those people, three-quarters of them are aged between 16 and 21, which is exactly the profile of the people who we know attend the festival."

EOTR audience older, so more likely to be double vaxxed. I think Cornwall already had high rates from family summer holidays.

The risk is higher than staying at home, but festivals might not even happen in 2022 or beyond if vaccine resistance falls with time (like it seems to be doing) so if it's on i'm there...

The uncertain future of festivals is why I am going to take the risk to attend but I am not going to be treating the festival as some magic zone Covid can't follow me into.  Someone mentioned it was great at Greenman to just "forget about Covid" for a weekend but the virus doesn't give you a weekend off.  

I'll be masking up as much as I can in the toilets and tents.  I'm sure I won't be perfect at remembering to do it but it should be normalised that it is OK to do and it would give some additional level of safety if others all did as well on the chance some of us are carriers.  I'm not going to be screaming at anyone to follow suit.. I won't be expecting anyone to give me grief for reminding them about covid either it just feels like a small sacrifice to allow the festival to happen somewhat safer.

I'm double vaxxed and I really wish that meant I am bulletproof but it should be clear to all that's not enough these days with Delta around.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, snipe said:

The uncertain future of festivals is why I am going to take the risk to attend but I am not going to be treating the festival as some magic zone Covid can't follow me into.  Someone mentioned it was great at Greenman to just "forget about Covid" for a weekend but the virus doesn't give you a weekend off.  

I'll be masking up as much as I can in the toilets and tents.  I'm sure I won't be perfect at remembering to do it but it should be normalised that it is OK to do and it would give some additional level of safety if others all did as well on the chance some of us are carriers.  I'm not going to be screaming at anyone to follow suit.. I won't be expecting anyone to give me grief for reminding them about covid either it just feels like a small sacrifice to allow the festival to happen somewhat safer.

I'm double vaxxed and I really wish that meant I am bulletproof but it should be clear to all that's not enough these days with Delta around.

agreed. it's not like it's taking place last summer, but there are still risks, and some of the language on here about "forget about it" has been a tad reckless imo.

now average age is older, so more double vaxxed people which means lower viral loads. But I know there's a fairly decent chance I'll catch it there, so have planned to stay at home the week after (luckily my job allows that)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'd point out that those differences you mention can be pretty major - aside from the very different demographics, something that's relatively unusual at Boardmasters is that they're not confined to their site in the way most festivals are - they have organised parties/clubbing in regular venues in the town, and a second festival location with a lot of the non-music stuff (surfing competitions etc) - all with packed shuttle buses going between them.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

I'd point out that those differences you mention can be pretty major - aside from the very different demographics, something that's relatively unusual at Boardmasters is that they're not confined to their site in the way most festivals are - they have organised parties/clubbing in regular venues in the town, and a second festival location with a lot of the non-music stuff (surfing competitions etc) - all with packed shuttle buses going between them.

Yeah, I totally agree the differences are major.

I hope the differences in case numbers end up being major too!

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Let's get someone great to open the Woods stage on the first full day please. Big Jeff?

I reckon that if there is someone - which might be because of The Goon Sax's late cancellation, their statement said they (or at least the two still in Australia, I believe one of them lives in London) were ready to come over despite the border restrictions but a family member fell ill - to come in on Friday Woods it'll be announced with the stage times, which they've done before. I'm still not entirely sure it won't be Wet Leg, not just because they're from just over the water and having a late announced early slot feeds into the hype but because they were both part of Plastic Mermaids' choir in 2018 and - here's something that doesn't get mentioned very often in their press - their singer used to be a solo act (as Rhain) and played the Tipi in 2016.

56 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I reckon that if there is someone - which might be because of The Goon Sax's late cancellation, their statement said they (or at least the two still in Australia, I believe one of them lives in London) were ready to come over despite the border restrictions but a family member fell ill - to come in on Friday Woods it'll be announced with the stage times, which they've done before. I'm still not entirely sure it won't be Wet Leg, not just because they're from just over the water and having a late announced early slot feeds into the hype but because they were both part of Plastic Mermaids' choir in 2018 and - here's something that doesn't get mentioned very often in their press - their singer used to be a solo act (as Rhain) and played the Tipi in 2016.

Wait! What?

Rhain is in Wet Leg? I remember her, saw her in the Tipi that year. Extraordinary voice. Completely did not recognise her, visually or vocally. Not that I'm doubting you but we are certain about this?

(NB I saw Slow Club twice nine years apart and didn't even realise it was the same band until another couple of years afterwards.)