2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Whatever he did at Green Man. Which seemed to get rave reviews and assume was with his band...

Can't find much info on it, but this looks like it's just a solo set up, assuming the photo is from this year's show and not a previous one. Either way, I can't wait. That Barbican show that he streamed last year and is on youtube is stunning, but last time he played EOTR it was with a full band and made me cry. Either way, very very excited about this, especially straight after Arab Strap. 

richard-dawson-performs-on-the-mountain-

10 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Can't find much info on it, but this looks like it's just a solo set up, assuming the photo is from this year's show and not a previous one. Either way, I can't wait. That Barbican show that he streamed last year and is on youtube is stunning, but last time he played EOTR it was with a full band and made me cry. Either way, very very excited about this, especially straight after Arab Strap. 

Yeah, you're spot on. Was just him.

Dawson played completely on his own. Fair play because that's a big old stage and he had a pretty large audience.

Everyone seemed to love it apart from the one bloke who walked past us commenting that it looked like some kind of "weird art experiment"

Maybe the bloke didn't think Dawson was cool or whatever, but most of black midi were stood near us watching him which goes to show that he really is.

35 minutes ago, Mardy said:

He's great either way. The band is members of Pigs etc. 

Hello, sorry again etc.

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

Yeah what's this TBC all about? Obvious space on the line up but no mention of a secret act. 

I don't know if we can definitely say there will be one for the reason that we don't know the timings around Albarn's set. I have a feeling they've announced extra names with the stage times in the past. (Talking of the Clashfinder and stage times, either the version of Bait that Gwenno and Angharad Davies are soundtracking runs at double speed or that slot needs extending to an hour and a half)

Anyway, in the discussion about lesser names to look out for nobody mentioned the remarkable Gwenifer Raymond.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Talking of the Clashfinder and stage times, either the version of Bait that Gwenno and Angharad Davies are soundtracking runs at double speed or that slot needs extending to an hour and a half

The festival has caused the confusion on the Bait slot - on the line up page on the website it has always stated that it would be in the cinema tent (and describing it specifically as the first live score in the cinema tent) but on the day splits poster they have shown it as opening the Big Top. 

On 8/20/2021 at 2:55 PM, Wooderson said:

Goa Express?

Just back from Green Man and these are defo worth a go although would have preferred them in the Teepee; suppose there’s a decent chance they will do a secret one. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Hello, sorry again etc.

I don't know if we can definitely say there will be one for the reason that we don't know the timings around Albarn's set. I have a feeling they've announced extra names with the stage times in the past. (Talking of the Clashfinder and stage times, either the version of Bait that Gwenno and Angharad Davies are soundtracking runs at double speed or that slot needs extending to an hour and a half)

Anyway, in the discussion about lesser names to look out for nobody mentioned the remarkable Gwenifer Raymond.

I think the current clashfinder is just using 2019’s timings as a best fit for now until the stage times are announced. The Bait soundtrack could start at 11 and still finish for 12.30 I suppose.

other than Albarn I’m sure all the headliners and subs will be largely as they are but earlier in the day changes it 15 or 30 minutes could have a big impact on clashes.

they have had “mystery guests” listed before, ended up being Alabama Shakes, Wild Beasts and Shane iirc 

expect the Tipi sets to be largely folk who have played that day or are playing the following day although acts like Black MIDI and Scalping have both turned up and played unannounced but not sure either had even released anything at the time. 

23 hours ago, airwaves said:

Came across these on the Spotify playlist - thought they sounded like one of my all time fave bands The Church, so that's a big thumbs up from me

😊😊😊

Scrub that. Now I've listened to them direct on Spotify they definitely have a sound of The Cranes about them. Wonderful 

13 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

Do we think Richard Dawson will be doing his show solo or with his band? Either way it will be amazing

12 hours ago, Mardy said:

It was just him. I was lucky enough to be one the few at the Barbican that day and his GM set this weekend. Both exceptionally beautiful, but quite different set lists. I won't spoil the set list in case it's the same, but to to hold a main stage crowd on stage solo like he did takes some doing.

12 hours ago, JHad said:

It was just him. I was lucky enough to be one the few at the Barbican that day and his GM set this weekend. Both exceptionally beautiful, but quite different set lists. I won't spoil the set list in case it's the same, but to to hold a main stage crowd on stage solo like he did takes some doing.

Never heard of him before. I listened to a few tracks, was like "Erm... don't know if I like this or not". But I kept listening....and listening and I definitely like it. A lot.