2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

7 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

This might be my favourite news of 2021 - not that there's much competition! Bloody love Teleman.

I'll be honest, I've not really kept up with what they're up to these days, but 'Brilliant Sanity'? Fantastic.

Thinking back, I reckon I only got into them after seeing them at EOTR a few years back. I'm sure that was my starting point for them.

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I'll be honest, I've not really kept up with what they're up to these days, but 'Brilliant Sanity'? Fantastic.

Thinking back, I reckon I only got into them after seeing them at EOTR a few years back. I'm sure that was my starting point for them.

Good band. I remember seeing them at eotr in their previous guise as Pete & The Pirates, in a much smaller Big Top back then.

55 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Card only at the bars apparently but cash or card at the food vendors 

Is the Garden silent disco still there or is that deemed a bit risky now? They only used to take cash for the headphones as far as I remember.

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

Is the Garden silent disco still there or is that deemed a bit risky now? They only used to take cash for the headphones as far as I remember.

Bit of a minefield this year! Silent Disco, Ferris Wheel & Helter Skelter are just cash, everything else is card... from the website:

All End Of The Road Bars will be completely cashless for 2021. Strictly card and contactless payments only.

All caterers and non-food/drink traders will be accepting cash and card.

Mr. Trolley will be trialling card machines, but we recommend bringing cash just in case.

The Ferris Wheel and Helter Skelter will be cash only.

Silent Disco deposits will be cash only.

The Programme Hut and roaming stewards will be trialling card machines, but we recommend keeping cash on hand just in case.

Merch Shop will be accepting cash and card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, actionstations said:

Bit of a minefield this year! Silent Disco, Ferris Wheel & Helter Skelter are just cash, everything else is card... from the website:

All End Of The Road Bars will be completely cashless for 2021. Strictly card and contactless payments only.

All caterers and non-food/drink traders will be accepting cash and card.

Mr. Trolley will be trialling card machines, but we recommend bringing cash just in case.

The Ferris Wheel and Helter Skelter will be cash only.

Silent Disco deposits will be cash only.

The Programme Hut and roaming stewards will be trialling card machines, but we recommend keeping cash on hand just in case.

Merch Shop will be accepting cash and card.

Blimey. Take a wodge plus a card then.

Cheers.

24 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Agreed. Their album 'Bedroom' was one of my favourites of 2020.

Saw them at Latitude and they were very good; they played some new songs too that sounded great. 

I know they've been mentioned but Just Mustard are similar (ie. loud guitars) so give them a try if you like Bdrmm. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sean1234321 said:

Saw them at Latitude and they were very good; they played some new songs too that sounded great. 

I know they've been mentioned but Just Mustard are similar (ie. loud guitars) so give them a try if you like Bdrmm. 

Thanks for the tip. Will give them a listen tonight.

Goa Express were great yesterday at GM.

I recommend everyone goes to see Lazarus Kane, they tore it apart on the rising stage on Friday. Caroline will be good and Sleep Eaters if you like psych garage type stuff. 

Aoiffe Nessa Francis pulled out of GM, so maybe some question marks as to whether she'll play EoTR?

Covid checks at GM were cursory. Show your pass when entering the site and get a separate wristband. They didn't ask for ID to go with the pass so it could be anyone's.

Think I've only seen 2 people wearing masks the whole weekend. Big Top has been rammed with the sort of mosh pits you'd expect for bands like Shame and Black Midi.

The best thing about being here is spending a week liberated from all the shit that's been happening the past 18 months. No one I've spoken to has mentioned covid, it's been overwhelmingly positive to be in a field with loads of smiling, happy people who are having actual fun. 

It's never nice to leave festivals after having a great time but tomorrow is going to suck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9