2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That gap on the Woods on the Friday is extremely suspicious.

Presumably they have a surprise act they'll announce on the day? It can't be any of the Wide Awake bands as they're all playing on that day. And it can't be an act bigger than Hot Chip and Damon Albarn presumably. Beak would fit the bill perfectly.

Or they want to put on a secret Smile set, given Greenwood is there, I'd be ok with that too...

Why would you mention the smile, stop getting my hopes up! 

Friday evening definitely the worst set of clashes for me Albarn/Hot Chip vs Arlo Parks/John Grant. Only tough one on Sunday is Arab Strap v Little Simz, but got tickets for AS in London on the Wednesday, so can live with that

12 minutes ago, domjon said:

Not thrilled with those splits got to be honest 

Fair enough it's the weakest line up for years cos of covid but sticking all the hottest acts on the sunday, when lots of people are taking it steady for the drive home at that, Well, ain't ideal is it. 

Yeah I'm normally pretty tired by the Sunday to be honest, going to have to find some left over energy for BCNR and Girl Band... At least I'm not the one driving home on Monday morning!

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

That gap on the Woods on the Friday is extremely suspicious.

Presumably they have a surprise act they'll announce on the day? It can't be any of the Wide Awake bands as they're all playing on that day. And it can't be an act bigger than Hot Chip and Damon Albarn presumably. Beak would fit the bill perfectly.

Or they want to put on a secret Smile set, given Greenwood is there, I'd be ok with that too...

I think Albarn will be playing a headliner length set. Not sure they will have another act playing. 

28 minutes ago, xxialac said:

By far by biggest disappointment is that there's almost no-one I want to see early to mid afternoon in the Garden.

Not having a moan because covid but it's for sure the weakest lineup for years in the end for me with not really any international acts there.

Think the acts on the Talking Heads stage cover that a bit. I enjoyed those sets last time. Great place for the quieter solo acts to play away from chatterers etc 

45 minutes ago, xxialac said:

By far by biggest disappointment is that there's almost no-one I want to see early to mid afternoon in the Garden.

Not having a moan because covid but it's for sure the weakest lineup for years in the end for me with not really any international acts there.

Yeah those first couple of sets in the Garden each day are generally my favourite part of the festival.. Doesn't look much to go at this time

Edit: actually Anna B Savage first up on Sunday will probably hit the spot

Edited by domjon
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, domjon said:

Yeah those first couple of sets in the Garden each day are generally my favourite part of the festival.. Doesn't look much to go at this time

Edit: actually Anna B Savage first up on Sunday will probably hit the spot

Ill be checking out some of this. Folky Bert Jansch, John Fahey type guitar stuff. 

• Like 1

Lots of horrific clashes, but to a degree that’s a consequence of managing to pull together a decent line-up.

As far as day splits go, there’s limited scope to ask bands to play specific days, given that EotR  is often just one date amongst many that need to be managed as a whole tour. Not to mention real life factors too.

This year more than any, the organisers deserve loads of credit and leeway for putting something, anything, on. And we all deserve a cracking festival. Put the minor EotR changes or inconveniences to one side, we’ve had more than enough really significant stuff to deal with over the past 18 months. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Can someone explain King Krule to me. Most baffling headliner I can recall fam.

That and Sleaford Mods. Nothing wrong with them in the slightest but their minimalist setup and general shoutiness doesn't lend itself to a triumphant, crowd-pleasing, extended set.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That and Sleaford Mods. Nothing wrong with them in the slightest but their minimalist setup and general shoutiness doesn't lend itself to a triumphant, crowd-pleasing, extended set.

Sleafords have an unmistakable wit and punchy appeal. King Krule I just don't get. Do they have any good tunes?