2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I'm not sure we have. The Dutch festival they were playing (Paaspop) was cancelled by the government/organisers. They're still listed to be playing Brighton on the Wednesday: https://chalkvenue.com/live/Altin-gun.

They’ve cancelled Wide Awake on the Saturday of EOTR for medical reasons.

Can’t see how they can play two days before…

13 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I've heard talk of secret sets at EOTR. Is this a fairly regular occurrence and can someone elaborate/manage my expectations? 

There’s usually 2-4 scattered throughout the day at the outdoor piano stage. Usually just a solo artists or vocalist from band doing quieter stuff.

There’s always 3 sets from midnight in the tipi tent, Fri-Sun.

Usually artists who’ve played already, and fairly often can be a set of attempted cover versions while comically drunk. A decent entertaining end to daily proceedings.

As mentioned earlier, best info on who’s playing comes from Paul Bridgewater and Line of Best Fit on Twitter, so set alerts for those accounts. There’s also been a WhatsApp group for secret set updates, but 2019 just turned into a constant chat about any festival stuff, so kinda lost its purpose and IIRC I switched it off.

The tipi sets can be great, but can require a bit of pacing during the day if you’re on the beer.

So this week we've had announcements for :

Site map, Tue 5pm

Comedy/literature, Wed 2pm

Cinema, Thu 2pm

Do we think day splits and/or latest replacements tomorrow 2pm?  Or still too early to finalise yet?

(beaten to it / great minds think alike etc!)

Edited by WFD

10 minutes ago, WFD said:

So this week we've had announcements for :

Site map, Tue 5pm

Comedy/literature, Wed 2pm

Cinema, Thu 2pm

Do we think day splits and/or latest replacements tomorrow 2pm?  Or still too early to finalise yet?

I was positive about this week but now they have new replacements to deal with (Altin Gun, Goon Sax and probably another), I can see that extending the time a bit into next week.

Still, good progress being made now!

7 minutes ago, swashbubbler said:

assume the "Mystery Film" on Friday is Bait - somewhwere I saw Gewnno is due to play 3.30pm on Friday

It shown as such on the music line up page, and I think it always has been, so not sure why they are billing it as a mystery now!

GWENNO & ANGHARAD DAVIES

Cornish-Welsh musician and Welsh Music Prize winner Gwenno Saunders has been a trailblazer in many ways – and she will continue this trend  as the first musician to perform in the cinema tent. She will perform her newly created live score for the film Bait alongside Angharad Davies. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, snipe said:

I get the feeling Beavertown is gone.  The "your favourite tipple might be missing" comment from EOTR and no sign of it in the drinks area while Fever tree and Cider bus got added is what I am basing it on. 

Although there is still a bar on the map where there bar was

47 minutes ago, snipe said:

I get the feeling Beavertown is gone.  The "your favourite tipple might be missing" comment from EOTR and no sign of it in the drinks area while Fever tree and Cider bus got added is what I am basing it on. 

Yip I said the same thing to my hubby when I saw that comment ... no Gamma Ray to get us through the wkend!