2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

I'm mainly fussed about the splits as any clashes may inform one or two decisions of who to see at GM this week. 

Having said that, and usually really wanting to plan, I wouldn't be against a one-off year where I only find out reading the programme in the tent on Thursday afternoon! Although that is mainly due to the lack of 'otherwise difficult to see' acts this year and that I'll have seen 50 or so of the line up in the month before the festival. Back to normal next year, please! 

2 hours ago, Kempleton said:

They usually tell us the set times about a week before, don’t they? Might they just wait until then to announce the day splits?

As long as the food lineup comes out soon…

Yes! also really keen to see the food lineup! Notice Greenman hasn't confirmed this either ...

Edited by discojod
correction

6 hours ago, Declan said:

Yeah, well I'm not really abroad, but it is my risk rather than the festivals. 

We have the same issue as you. We are coming from Jersey and double vaccinated but cannot use the NHS app and would have had to run the risk of going, getting a lateral flow test and risk of getting stuck in England if we tested positive. 

Good news 🙂 , they replied to our concerns this morning by email to confirm that they will now accept vaccination letter proof from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. Letters must be from your local health service / GP and have to match your ID. Their website has now been updated to reflect this:

https://endoftheroadfestival.com/information/covid/

Time to just worry about the day splits and weather 😄

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, big hog said:

Yep I've been pestering them on email and they're running way behind, as you can imagine things like that are coming together very late this year. They did confirm I have a place so at least there's that. 🙂

Thanks Big Hog. Makes me relieved that I haven’t just fallen through a gap somewhere. My first time volunteering so didn’t know what to expect! See you there!

2 hours ago, goldengirl said:

I found a few potential day splits digging around on instagram/band websites:

Big Joanie - 5th
Altin Gun - 2nd 
Alice Boman - 4th 
Vanishing Twin - 3rd
Aoife Ness Frances - 3rd
CMAT - 3rd

Katy J Pearson - 3rd

(which suggests Broadside Hacks are also on the 3rd because she is at another festival on the 4th)

Thanks all for the replies on your feelings on the Covid risks.  We're still in. Planning to be a bit more cautious when we're down there based on some of the info.  

I noticed all the messing with NI and Isle of Man and EU certs are all sorted now.  EOTR seem to have u-turned on every situation where someone has called them out on their NHS centric approach to verifying vaccination.  Feels like they are trying to ensure a smooth load in Thursday.  I'm sure there will be a few people who will be refusing to leave the gates when they fail to meet a requirement and no need to add to it.   

25 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

Looks like the map is up, big change around for camping, Boutique taking up a lot of space and normal camping now in the 'valley'

2021.png

The Family Camping area used to occupy the whole field around the wristband exchange previously didn't it? However, its now next to the Quiet Camping area so families can pitch there.

The only other change I can see (other than the helter skelter!) is the addition of a bar on the corner of the food stalls.

15 hours ago, AR51 said:

We have the same issue as you. We are coming from Jersey and double vaccinated but cannot use the NHS app and would have had to run the risk of going, getting a lateral flow test and risk of getting stuck in England if we tested positive. 

Good news 🙂 , they replied to our concerns this morning by email to confirm that they will now accept vaccination letter proof from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. Letters must be from your local health service / GP and have to match your ID. Their website has now been updated to reflect this:

https://endoftheroadfestival.com/information/covid/

Time to just worry about the day splits and weather 😄

Yes they replied to my tweet on the subject yesterday too. Thanks for taking this forward. 

9 hours ago, snipe said:

I noticed all the messing with NI and Isle of Man and EU certs are all sorted now.  EOTR seem to have u-turned on every situation where someone has called them out on their NHS centric approach to verifying vaccination.  Feels like they are trying to ensure a smooth load in Thursday.  I'm sure there will be a few people who will be refusing to leave the gates when they fail to meet a requirement and no need to add to it.   

To be fair, it's not a situation of their making. They're not experts on the constitutional position of the IOM in respect of Health Care. It's probably never been on their radar before. Our government should have got our vaccination data onto the NHS app months ago (I can order repeat prescriptions on the app but not see my vaccinations!)

53 minutes ago, Lester_Freamon said:

The Family Camping area used to occupy the whole field around the wristband exchange previously didn't it? However, its now next to the Quiet Camping area so families can pitch there.

I'm thinking they are not expecting so many families this year due to it being during term time.

1 hour ago, Lester_Freamon said:

The only other change I can see (other than the helter skelter!) is the addition of a bar on the corner of the food stalls.

Isn't the bar the Fever Tree Gin Bar moved over from the other side of the 'road'?

40 minutes ago, Declan said:

To be fair, it's not a situation of their making. They're not experts on the constitutional position of the IOM in respect of Health Care. It's probably never been on their radar before. Our government should have got our vaccination data onto the NHS app months ago (I can order repeat prescriptions on the app but not see my vaccinations!)

They'd obviously planned for something very binary originally. NHS vaccination proof or lateral test for everyone else.  Much easier to train for but the reality is not as convenient.

I reckon someone was smart enough to realise that a bunch of EU, NI, IOM vaccinated people would have been at the gates waving a variety of docs, regardless of communications to say they wouldn't take them. A lot of those people would have arrived on public transport with no way off-site.  We'd need a Malcolm Tucker to come up with a word for what that would have been like.  

"U-turn" has negative connotations but to be clear I'm very glad to see them respond and sort this stuff out relatively quickly. Its surely a pain to now need every place they'll be checking these things aware of the various types and perhaps each need a different app.  I wonder if it will turn into passport control style lanes for NHS and other?

Either way it's strange times by anyone's standards and having one less thing to worry about for those attending is in everyone's interest.