2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

19 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I'm not too worried about catching it at the festival itself - it's the journey there and back that bothers me more. 2 trains & a shuttle bus both ways. Difficult to socially distance on those!

Have you been on a bus, in a tax or in a shop recently? I "interacted" with about 30 people in Tesco this week. 

22 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Have you been on a bus, in a tax or in a shop recently? I "interacted" with about 30 people in Tesco this week. 

I don’t think walking past a few people in Tesco is comparable with being crammed in together. on a long bus ride, let alone a ventilationless, rammed Tipi tent.

This is prolonged duration exposure indoors with maskless strangers. That’s the exact set of circumstances  to avoid/minimise. 

40 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah of course, but not for 3 hours!

Also, would like to add I'm 56 and had a heart attack last year, so I'm classed as 'clinically vulnerable'. I probably wouldn't be worried if this wasn't the case!

Edited by Punksnotdead

1 hour ago, goldengirl said:

It wouldn't be good for my mental health at this stage to not have some normality this summer. I am low risk because of my age/weight/health.

In terms of the ethics of giving it to an unvaccinated person, I test regularly and wear masks to shops etc. I don't have sympathy for anti-vaxxers, just the immunocompromised 😞

This is exactly where i am at at the moment. It is not selfish to think this way given the availability of vaccines. i still wear masks to and from shops and will do in the tents at the festival, not to protect me but in case i have it and am asymptomatic so it lessens the chances of me giving it to someone else, i work from home and for the week after the festival will not be going out to any pubs etc just in case.

• Upvote 2

Is anyone on here volunteering as a steward this year? My two EOTR buddies are giving it a miss this year so I thought ‘what the hell’ I’ll volunteer this year rather than miss it. I got a confirmation of a place in June from Wicked Events but not heard anything since. I know that they are having to juggle new arrangements with Covid protocols just being released but just wondered if others are in the same position or have they had their ‘joining instructions’ through? 

30 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Damn, besides Oldboy who I've never heard of every one of those is a must-see for me. 

Yeah, it's a pretty ridiculous line up. I'd be happy with just that let alone the other 3 stages of stuff that's running at the same time. 

Anyone see Richard Dawson at the Edinburgh fest last night? He was my absolute highlight in 2018, and I'm intrigued as to what he's doing now and what kind of band he's with, presumably mainly stuff from the '2020' album and not so much from 'Peasant'

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Anyone see Richard Dawson at the Edinburgh fest last night? He was my absolute highlight in 2018, and I'm intrigued as to what he's doing now and what kind of band he's with, presumably mainly stuff from the '2020' album and not so much from 'Peasant'

Mainly 2020 stuff but obviously Hen Ogledd as well who are at EotR. 

He's also been doing this https://bulbils.bandcamp.com/

All good stuff.

Edited by Copperface

10 hours ago, Copperface said:

Mainly 2020 stuff but obviously Hen Ogledd as well who are at EotR. 

He's also been doing this https://bulbils.bandcamp.com/

All good stuff.

Looks pretty good. Here's the setlist from a couple of days ago. Imagine we'll get something very similar. Nice mix

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/richard-dawson/2021/edinburgh-park-edinburgh-scotland-438cbbbf.html

Unfortunately not 'The Vile Stuff', would absolutely love to see him do that live

• Like 1

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Whitney

"These intimate shows will mark the beginning of a new chapter in our project. New songs and new sounds will be presented with a focus on being in the moment.”

+

“We’ll be bringing a new stripped-back lineup with us"

= A band on the ropes

https://www.nme.com/news/music/whitney-announce-intimate-2021-north-american-tour-3019143?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

On 8/14/2021 at 8:19 AM, snipe said:

Asking the question no one probably wants to tackle but What's the feeling on the ground in the UK about going to a music festival in a pandemic? How dumb an idea is it really?

I'm sure most of us are "vaccinated! let's go" but I want to hear from people who've canned this this year or are on the verge of doing so for Covid fears. What's your thinking?

I'm double vaccinated, reasonably low-risk, but one remove from a friend who's immunocompromised, so my risk assessment is a bit different from yours, but I'm definitely going to be doing things slightly differently this year. It's definitely not a great idea if your goal is to never get COVID, but if you've been missing music, and want to see a lot of it at low risk compared to doing a dozen indoor gigs, then EOTR is looking pretty good.

The ONS estimates roughly 1 in 75 people in the UK have COVID, which will almost all be Delta. It's significantly more transmissible than good ol' Alpha, definitely isn't stopped dead by vaccine, and there have been a few documented cases of outdoor walk-by infection without a mask, but a KN95 should take your risk right down. An hour in a packed tent without a mask seems like a bad idea to me unless the wind is fair whistling through it. Masked, I'll still think about where I'm standing, and look for a clear, better-ventilated area. I'm usually a barrier-hanger, so that's a convenient way to approximately halve exposure. Even in the outdoor areas, if people are packed, and it's a still night, I'll be tempted to pop a mask on or find somewhere else. 

Toilets are the other big one, I think - giving the toilet door three or four big swings before going in seems like a decent way to do an air change, as well as having some fringe benefits, and I wouldn't go in after anyone who'd been coughing in there.

So yes, it's riskier than staying at home, but I'm going to take the precautions where I can, avoid/ignore any idiots (just like usual), and maybe spend a bit of my risk budget to get in a good spot for two or three acts. Then lateral flow test before I head home, and a bit of planning for the following few days in case I'm infectious but asymptomatic.

Final thought: be wary around Big Jeff - there's likely to be a larger than average pocket of still air just downwind of him, so give him some space...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 8/14/2021 at 9:33 AM, Punksnotdead said:

I'm not too worried about catching it at the festival itself - it's the journey there and back that bothers me more. 2 trains & a shuttle bus both ways. Difficult to socially distance on those!

Having said that, I'm prepared to take the risk as I love EOTR so much.

What's worrying me is if I test positive at the site, what happens then? I won't be able to get a coach off site - so how do I leave? Then I won't be able to fly home - what happens then?

1 hour ago, Declan said:

What's worrying me is if I test positive at the site, what happens then? I won't be able to get a coach off site - so how do I leave? Then I won't be able to fly home - what happens then?

In practice a taxi would take you to a train station, then avoid people on the train and get to a hotel or somewhere you can quarantine safely.

Guess it’s just the risk of going if you’re based abroad.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

In practice a taxi would take you to a train station, then avoid people on the train and get to a hotel or somewhere you can quarantine safely.

Guess it’s just the risk of going if you’re based abroad.

Yeah, well I'm not really abroad, but it is my risk rather than the festivals.