2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

12 minutes ago, Declan said:

However, I took a lateral flow test last night and attempted to add it to the app. This requires a QR code or ID number that is not on my test. So I conclude you can only do this IF you have an NHS test, and I don't seem to have one of those. 

Can I get the NHS test in London on the Thursday morning?

I think you need to register it here. You just confirm it was negative and you don’t need to supply an ID number.

that’s what I had to do for similar events. You then get a txt message/email from NHS to confirm the negative test result. It also registers in the main NHS app, not the covid one. You can then create a PDF with a QR code to confirm the test result. 

edit: just re-read that link and it does say you need a QR code or ID number, sorry about that! 

I remember trying to add it to the covid app and failing but that link worked for me so hope it’s the same for you.

Edited by tomsidg1
Extra information

2 minutes ago, paulwa said:

Maybe they will reduce numbers inside instead then. I for one will be avoiding them anyway. It's a shame, but there will be plenty on elsewhere and you have to go with your comfort level at the moment. Besides which, those places are stuffy enough in normal times, let alone with a mask on.

You say that, but it's a long time to go without stepping foot in either of those areas. I was sceptical at Latitude but after about two minutes it was as though Covid never happened.

Personally the entry requirements are good enough for me not to worry too much about it once inside the festival, but of course each to their own as you said go with what you're comfortable with.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tomsidg1 said:

edit: just re-read that link and it does say you need a QR code or ID number, sorry about that! 

I remember trying to add it to the covid app and failing but that link worked for me so hope it’s the same for you.

That's right - PCR test references get reported through the NHS Covid App, and LFT tests get reported through the link and must use the QR/ID. Joined up Government 🙄

18 minutes ago, Declan said:

However, I took a lateral flow test last night and attempted to add it to the app. This requires a QR code or ID number that is not on my test. (I lied and said I was in England because the Isle of Man isn't an option). So I conclude you can only do this IF you have an NHS test, and I don't seem to have one of those. 

BTW, here's where you can find places that are providing the free tests https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Prob in minority but I have no problem wearing a mask if I go in the tipi which is a small enclosed space after all.

After a while I forget I’m even wearing it.

Yeah, I’ll definitely be wearing one in the tents too. Good stuff from Simon etc, clear guidance and making it as easy as possible for everyone.

Can’t wait to get back there, 3 weeks today! Feels like it’s been forever. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Personally the entry requirements are good enough for me not to worry too much about it once inside the festival, but of course each to their own as you said go with what you're comfortable with.

Im the same. Almost everyone vaxxed/tested before the festival. Kind of just have to get on with life this stage. 

Last gig I was at was Supergrass on Valetines Day 2020. Looks like it could be Kikigako Moyo as the first gig back. Yessir.

Judging from the 80 odd live sets I've seen since 19th July, I very much doubt more than 5-10 % of people will stick to masks in the Big Top / Tipi (even with an EotR crowd). They'll both be better for ventilation though than most indoor venues. 

It's not ideal if the bands you want to see are tented, but at least there are enough outdoor stages with great music if tents feel too much of a risk. They are very safe. The biggest covid risk then is likely toilet cubicles, but waving the door a few times will recycle the air (and have other benefits!). 

It'll all feel fine once we're inside. I hope everybody finds their personal balance between risk and enjoyment 😊

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Declan said:

However, I took a lateral flow test last night and attempted to add it to the app. This requires a QR code or ID number that is not on my test. (I lied and said I was in England because the Isle of Man isn't an option). So I conclude you can only do this IF you have an NHS test, and I don't seem to have one of those. 

They're available at pharmacies, but there are also a lot of community testing centres about where you can do it and they auto text you so it gets registered for you. Could be an idea, as you might get some looks sitting around doing one in public

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, paulwa said:

One thing I'm not very clear about, having not been since 2018, plus the new Covid situation, is whether payment for food and drink inside the festival is now totally cashless - or should I still plan on taking a wedge?

I’ve heard nothing to date about a dedicated cashless system so I’m assuming it’ll be both cash and cards.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Were there places last time out that only took cash?

Seems a bit medieval these days…

Fairly sure everyone took card but the machines dont work sometimes so always good to have a few notes in the wallet just in case for booze, fags and mags. 

Edited by The Nal

On the website it says if you leave the site and come back you will need to either retake a read test or show your covid pass - is the assumption that this only applies if you actually leave the festival altogether? Surely if you just pop back to your car then that is allowed? 

If so how do they at the wristband exchange know which people have actually left and who has just gone to their car? Do they usually have people at the site exit too? I have never actually left the site mid-festival so I don't know, although I may be this year. 

Edited by Sean1234321

24 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

On the website it says if you leave the site and come back you will need to either retake a read test or show your covid pass - is the assumption that this only applies if you actually leave the festival altogether? Surely if you just pop back to your car then that is allowed? 

If so how do they at the wristband exchange know which people have actually left and who has just gone to their car? Do they usually have people at the site exit too? I have never actually left the site mid-festival so I don't know, although I may be this year. 

I think at Latitude it applied to those just popping back to the car.