2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

I was a bit fed up when the Americans disappeared off the list, ages ago, and then as it all became a bit Jules/6music I wondered if this was still the festival for me. As ever, I recalled I never bother with the top of the bill and concentrate all my attention on the lesser known artistes.

Sunday. I did a playlist, quite a long one, of bands I either don’t know or don’t know much about and it was nearly all good, some of it brilliant.

Did another completely different one today, same resullt…….and that’s without including anyone I know well, like Richard Dawson, Hen Oggled, Katy J Pearson and lord knows who else.

it’s going to be ace, from start to finish, as ever.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hah nice timing. I was just considering if I should start a new "General Excitement" thread.  I should be too old to have this occupying my brain like this but I think the lack of festivals since 2019 and the outside chance of the festival even happening coming through has left me feeling like when I was back in my mid twenties waiting for a festival.  I'm refreshing this site like a mad yolk to get the latest info when I should be concentrating on work stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, robith said:

Is anyone else absolutely gassed? Like I can't concentrate on my work i'm so excited

Yeah. Had my flights cancelled by Loganair - but they didnt tell me until I smelled a rat and called them this morning - but now Im arriving a few hours earlier so hopefully drink in hand by 4pm which is the earliest Ive been on site. 

24 days!

Loganair though yeah, fuck me.

"Err were you going to let me know the flight has been cancelled at any stage"?

"Im sure we would have communicated it in due course yes sir. So would you like a refund then?"

"Well is the flight cancelled?"

"Unfortunately yes"

"Well, err, yeah Id like my money back in that case". 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/4/2021 at 1:50 PM, Losing my hair said:

British Sea Power have just announced a gig in Milton Keynes on the Thursday after EOTR, so they must be available for the weekend if they're looking for replacements.

Now calling themselves Sea Power. I'm glad - I always worried when wearing their t-shirts that people would think I was a nationalist prick!

• Upvote 1

I am excited for this festival because it will feel fresh, new, amazing and superb.It’ll be like my first…..

Bands, staging, lights, lasers, smoke machines, telly, bars, drummers, poets, cinema, portaloos, tent pegs, camping gas, stewards, marshals, security, first aiders, disabled access teams, welfare, artist liaison, bin empties, loo cleaners, traders, charities, water taps, sun cream manufacturing companies, people that dress up, people that don’t, naked people, wellie people when it’s too hot, trainer people when it’s muddy, people that have flown in, bog roll, marques, picnic tables, picnic blankets, festival trollies, fairy lights, fairy wings, face paints glittery faces, light up umbrellas, buskers, kids collecting cups, fish finger sandwiches, Goan Fish Curries, Fish and Chips, bars and their amazingly beautiful bar staff, tips jars and cash is king bars, ice on the bars for your mocktails and cocktails. cash points, information points, festival maps, clash finders, Gil Scott Heron!, talent spotters, artist bookers, artist transport, artist liaison, agents, hair, make up, keys, horns, lead guitar and rhythm guitars, drums, percussion, bass, can I get a little bit more vocal in the monitors please, strings, flutes, pipes, MC’s, DJ’s, superstars with mullets, eFests, web sites, Twickets, map makers, land owners, farm owners, woodland management folk, weirdos, freaks, misfits,  volunteers, managers, build crew, tatters, breakdown team, scaffolders, builders, plumbers, sparky, chippies, painters, fire safety crew, hospitality, licence holders, publicans, food hygiene inspectors, food deliveries, generators, overhead lighting, sign writers, police, fencing teams, decor crew, dancers, BV’s prancers, peacocks and mermaids, writers, comedians, circus performers, jugglers, kids crew, tea makers, proper baristas, guitar techs, roadies, sound engineers, FOH, monitor engineers, light riggers, house lights, stage lights, fireworks and pyrotechnics, all the glittery clockwork fairies that make the place work because they know how it works. And of course you, me and the rest of the fest. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, robith said:

Is anyone else absolutely gassed? Like I can't concentrate on my work i'm so excited

Yeah, but it's slightly tempered because I already have so much excitement for Green Man next week there's not enough room for both. Once the tent has been packed away from that I'll be ready to start properly thinking about EOTR.

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/help/luggage-lost-property I've got them a few times to festivals at this point and I don't recall anyone getting into trouble for having too much so they're not like Ryanair on the weighing or anything.  I'm pretty sure I've seen the odd 2 wheel trolley go on.. but if you are thinking some sort of flatbed kart or something you might have an issue.

7 minutes ago, snipe said:

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/help/luggage-lost-property I've got them a few times to festivals at this point and I don't recall anyone getting into trouble for having too much so they're not like Ryanair on the weighing or anything.  I'm pretty sure I've seen the odd 2 wheel trolley go on.. but if you are thinking some sort of flatbed kart or something you might have an issue.

Brilliant, thanks 

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

Anyone know if National Express are fussy about how much luggage you take?

Being a festival, inevitably there’s quite a lot needed.

They might object to amps and a drum kit, but I've not seen them stop any camping equipment going. If you're going from London there is usually several coaches each hour, so the worst that can happen is they might ask you to move to the next one. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ian the worm said:

I am excited for this festival because it will feel fresh, new, amazing and superb.It’ll be like my first…..

Bands, staging, lights, lasers, smoke machines, telly, bars, drummers, poets, cinema, portaloos, tent pegs, camping gas, stewards, marshals, security, first aiders, disabled access teams, welfare, artist liaison, bin empties, loo cleaners, traders, charities, water taps, sun cream manufacturing companies, people that dress up, people that don’t, naked people, wellie people when it’s too hot, trainer people when it’s muddy, people that have flown in, bog roll, marques, picnic tables, picnic blankets, festival trollies, fairy lights, fairy wings, face paints glittery faces, light up umbrellas, buskers, kids collecting cups, fish finger sandwiches, Goan Fish Curries, Fish and Chips, bars and their amazingly beautiful bar staff, tips jars and cash is king bars, ice on the bars for your mocktails and cocktails. cash points, information points, festival maps, clash finders, Gil Scott Heron!, talent spotters, artist bookers, artist transport, artist liaison, agents, hair, make up, keys, horns, lead guitar and rhythm guitars, drums, percussion, bass, can I get a little bit more vocal in the monitors please, strings, flutes, pipes, MC’s, DJ’s, superstars with mullets, eFests, web sites, Twickets, map makers, land owners, farm owners, woodland management folk, weirdos, freaks, misfits,  volunteers, managers, build crew, tatters, breakdown team, scaffolders, builders, plumbers, sparky, chippies, painters, fire safety crew, hospitality, licence holders, publicans, food hygiene inspectors, food deliveries, generators, overhead lighting, sign writers, police, fencing teams, decor crew, dancers, BV’s prancers, peacocks and mermaids, writers, comedians, circus performers, jugglers, kids crew, tea makers, proper baristas, guitar techs, roadies, sound engineers, FOH, monitor engineers, light riggers, house lights, stage lights, fireworks and pyrotechnics, all the glittery clockwork fairies that make the place work because they know how it works. And of course you, me and the rest of the fest. 

This made me a little tearful in a good way. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

I’ve just read the whole of this thread from the start. Wow. What a rollercoaster.

I guess the lineup might be considered weaker than previous years, but I just feel so lucky that this amazing festival can take place at all.

As an obsessive festival planner, I’m actually weirdly chilled about the lack of further lineup information. The idea of finding out the day and stage splits from the programme on the Thursday might not be too bad.

At least it would stop me from spending the next few weeks obsessing over clashes.

Either way, it will be amazing. It always is.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, paulwa said:

Nobody fancy a nice surprise, waiting to see what's written up on the large wooden boards when you get there? No, me neither.

Personally would love it. I've often said on another branch of this forum that I'd be right up for it if Glastonbury didn't release a line-up or poster and the first you know about any of it was when you opened your programme as you get through the gate

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Personally would love it. I've often said on another branch of this forum that I'd be right up for it if Glastonbury didn't release a line-up or poster and the first you know about any of it was when you opened your programme as you get through the gate

My mate actually did this for the 5 years I went. Vividly remember him opening the 2009 programme with Shakey, The Boss and blur headling and going "holy shit! Doves are playing!"

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, robith said:

My mate actually did this for the 5 years I went. Vividly remember him opening the 2009 programme with Shakey, The Boss and blur headling and going "holy shit! Doves are playing!"

hehehe Superb. To be fair, I only saw the middle of those three, and it really wasn't very good