2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Its a fair point, I think it's going to inevitably not be the EOTR we know and love this year, there's going to be cancellations, additional measures, admin, hassle. It's not going to be the straightforward 'everything just works'  thing that we've all got used to. 

But it's alright. Frankly, after being stuck in Russia for 9 months, after not seeing my friends for nigh on two years, I'll take a bit of ballache and the odd last-minute dropout. Right now, I'd be happy enough to sit on a field for 3 days while @Brave Sir Robinjust presses shuffle on his playlist. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Its a fair point, I think it's going to inevitably not be the EOTR we know and love this year, there's going to be cancellations, additional measures, admin, hassle. It's not going to be the straightforward 'everything just works'  thing that we've all got used to. 

The last 2 weekends I've been to Latitude and Farmfest.  OK so you had to show a vaccination certificate or negative LFT to enter, but after that the only very noticeable difference to normal was some limit on people entering tents with enclosed sides, so they weren't rammed.  Yes, some acts had to cancel and were replaced, and a number of folk who would like to have been attending decided not to or couldn't following a ping or positive test.  But after the last 18 months or so, it pretty much seemed like a return to normality.  I had wondered how people would behave, and personally wasn't going anywhere near a Chemical Brothers sized mosh-pit of people either side of their 20th birthday (i.e. most likely statistically to be carrying Covid), but I saw almost no one wearing masks, and crowds not significantly more distanced than at a pre-pandemic fest.  I was maybe a little surprised, but happy to go with the flow.  So maybe we don't get exactly the EOTR we know and love, but hopefully Simon and the team deliver some pretty close to it.

• Like 2

I'm sorry. I reacted stupidly, went to immediately delete it because it wasn't fair on wolfamongwolves at least and only served to make me look like an impetuous c**t but - I know this sounds like a bullshit excuse but I promise you it isn't - my browser and then Windows crashed and I've only just been able to get back on here because having rebooted and got the browser working again the forum itself was down for a while. I'm honestly sorry. I won't post again because it's the clearest indication that I can't trust myself.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mardy said:

But it's alright. Frankly, after being stuck in Russia for 9 months, after not seeing my friends for nigh on two years, I'll take a bit of ballache and the odd last-minute dropout. Right now, I'd be happy enough to sit on a field for 3 days while @Brave Sir Robinjust presses shuffle on his playlist. 

As a member of my crew said "I'd watch Amanda Holden doa  60 hour one women spoken word set and swear I had such a good weekend I wouldn't come home"

• Upvote 1

I went to my first "normal" gig at the weekend. It wasn't a band I was particularly fussed about, I just wanted to go to a gig and support a favourite venue. It was such a heartening experience to be in a room with likeminded people enjoying themselves, just having a blast. I also feel that once the initial trepidation over what it will be like wears off, we'll be at the EOTR we know and love. Can't wait!

12 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'm sorry. I reacted stupidly, went to immediately delete it because it wasn't fair on wolfamongwolves at least and only served to make me look like an impetuous c**t but - I know this sounds like a bullshit excuse but I promise you it isn't - my browser and then Windows crashed and I've only just been able to get back on here because having rebooted and got the browser working again the forum itself was down for a while. I'm honestly sorry. I won't post again because it's the clearest indication that I can't trust myself.

Following a VAR review, your red card has been rescinded.

• Like 1

Having never been that interested in the headliners, I'll be happy as long as there's artists I've never heard of, twinkly art in the gardens and most of the old food vendors coming back.

Really need to do some planning though, as only have the ticket and no idea how I'm getting there or what I'm staying in.  Forgot to get a campervan ticket and haven't put up a tent for 5 years, though it is one of those little Quercha things that even idiots like me can do.

• Upvote 1

I'm very much in the "I just want to be there" camp. So long as there's some beer, some food and some music then I'll be happy so long as I can just chill and chat. If the line up changes, well so be it. If it gets desperate and bands end up playing extra sets - I don't care!

It won't be like the usual EOTR, what else is "usual" at the moment, but it will still be brilliant. 

(Mind you @robith's Amanda Holden one woman show might be taking things a little too far).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Honeybells tipis have cancelled... Able to rebook with tangerine fields, hope it will be the same friendly service and hairdryer area etc...

After using Honeywell’s for a few years, we went with Tangerine for the last one. Couldn’t tell any difference

5 hours ago, big hog said:

Still nothing confirmed for my volunteer slot. Cheeky of them to take the deposit before confirming it tbh... 

Still fully expect this to go ahead but I imagine things are so frantic in the festival offices at the moment trying to get this organised. Hope they pull through.

If they've taken your money then you'll have a place (you would have received a confirmation email ages ago).  But yes, they are dragging their heels somewhat. 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Brooklyn-based Anteloper say it looks like they’re coming, but (1) asking for a driver to get them to EOTR:

and (2) complaining that festivals aren’t paying for the necessary Covid tests (maybe not aimed at EOTR, or he doesn’t realise how easy it is to get LFTs here?)

He’s referring to the fact the U.K. govt will make him and his band pay for a rip off Day 2 PCR test.