2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

16 minutes ago, Declan said:

How does that work? I thought a Lateral Flow test was like a home pregnancy kit?  

It is but each test has a unique QR code that needs to be logged when you upload your results to the NHS site. They can then tie the test kits and results to your NHS profile and issue a proof of test certificate (AKA Covid Passport) for download. You'd have to take the printout with you to the festival, or a similar record on a smartphone app.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snipe said:

Do any of these festivals talking about requiring proof of vaccination make any reference to accepting an EU Vaccination Certificate?  

I haven’t seen anything like that so far, but then it might be way way down in the small print. That said, I just don’t think they’re planning for international travelers this year. 

2 minutes ago, paulwa said:

I haven’t seen anything like that so far, but then it might be way way down in the small print. That said, I just don’t think they’re planning for international travelers this year. 

Yeah. Most festivals are simply saying in effect that anyone who can't provide proof of vaccine from England, Scotland, or Wales needs to take an LFT.

2 hours ago, incident said:

Yeah. Most festivals are simply saying in effect that anyone who can't provide proof of vaccine from England, Scotland, or Wales needs to take an LFT.

Hmm worried to hear but it looks like right now the UK as a whole doesn't even recognise the EU vaccination certificate. Looks like there are talks on the cards to get it sorted and if so I'd imagine it will allow the festivals to accept them.  We'll be going over a couple days early anyway so if I need to do a test I'll happily do one.

Edited by snipe

Hi All.  Over the years I've watched a gradual migration from Americana to, say, 6Music.  A generalisation I know and not totally a bad thing - let's just say my tastes are now more Black Deer.  It doesn't stop me coming back each year and, once again, I can't wait.  Anyway, much of this year is unfamiliar to me, so can anybody give me pointers for acts that are more like the old Americana style (or blues rock)?  And which to possibly avoid (hybrid jazz types)?

I'm all for dipping my toes, but I'll need to return to the tried and tested at various points during the weekend.

Thanks for your help.

40 minutes ago, andy55 said:

Hi All.  Over the years I've watched a gradual migration from Americana to, say, 6Music.  A generalisation I know and not totally a bad thing - let's just say my tastes are now more Black Deer.  It doesn't stop me coming back each year and, once again, I can't wait.  Anyway, much of this year is unfamiliar to me, so can anybody give me pointers for acts that are more like the old Americana style (or blues rock)?  And which to possibly avoid (hybrid jazz types)?

I'm all for dipping my toes, but I'll need to return to the tried and tested at various points during the weekend.

Thanks for your help.

I'm totally with you on this, though I've yet to try Black Deer. Willy Tea Taylor fits your brief, as does Jake Xerxes Fussell - if they end up attending. The Folk/Americana vibe is a small niche of EOTR now, whereas it was the main theme in the early years. There were also a few years with a good smattering of Psych and Garage Rock bands. And then the years when John Grant was ever present! Oh, he's back again. Still an interesting mix though.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:32 AM, paulwa said:

I'm totally with you on this, though I've yet to try Black Deer. Willy Tea Taylor fits your brief, as does Jake Xerxes Fussell - if they end up attending. The Folk/Americana vibe is a small niche of EOTR now, whereas it was the main theme in the early years. There were also a few years with a good smattering of Psych and Garage Rock bands. And then the years when John Grant was ever present! Oh, he's back again. Still an interesting mix though.

It’s a bit too Jools/6music for my liking. I’ll be spending 4 days wandering around, aimlessly, or playing scrabble, maybe getting a head massage

Edited by Fat_Buddha
Test

On 7/21/2021 at 10:32 AM, paulwa said:

Thanks, will check them out.  Anybody else with suggestions from the undercard?

2 hours ago, andy55 said:

Thanks, will check them out.  Anybody else with suggestions from the undercard?

Aoife Nessa Francis, Dana Gavanski and William Doyle all fall into the folky/singer-songwriter umbrella. Maybe stretching it a bit but arguably Les Filles de Illighadad play a kind-of Saharan Americana

Edited by noisenoiseandmorenoise

4 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

First timer her (I'm trying EOTR in place of Green Man), is it an open arena like GM where you can take drinks in and out or is it gated?

Welcome Justiceforcedave!

It's open - you can take drinks wherever you like. Just not allowed to take any glass into any part of the site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Aoife Nessa Francis, Dana Gavanski and William Doyle all fall into the folky/singer-songwriter umbrella. Maybe stretching it a bit but arguably Les Filles de Illighadad play a kind-of Saharan Americana

I would say Mike Polizze, Elijah Wolf, Margaret Glaspy and Itasca as well. Again with the caveat that North American acts may be unlikely to remain on the bill.

Shirley Collins, Richard Dawson, Fenne Lily, Darren Hayman, Margaret Glaspy, Red River Dialect are all from the acoustic/folky side of things too 

then you have the likes of Songhoy Blues and Tinawiren doing there rockier thing too