2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Having witnessed the full sensory onslaught of The Flaming Lips a few years back (and loved it), I’m just really interested to see how two blokes and a laptop can carry it off on the Woods Stage. Normally, headliners get a bigger lights show, but I guess that’s not very Sleaford.

4 minutes ago, paulwa said:

Having witnessed the full sensory onslaught of The Flaming Lips a few years back (and loved it), I’m just really interested to see how two blokes and a laptop can carry it off on the Woods Stage. Normally, headliners get a bigger lights show, but I guess that’s not very Sleaford.

I remember catching them in 2013 at the Supersonic festival . Found them interesting then, but the novelty has definitely worn off. Hard to imagine them on such a big stage like the woods . 

10 hours ago, domjon said:

Oh of course, couldn't give a fiddlers fart if if someone feels the need. Folk were talking mandated mask wearing tho 

Not to pick on you but christ this is depressing. 

I'm outside the uk hanging on to a slim chance that I might get to this festival. 

At the same time the offense that people in England take to the idea that we may need to wear a mask for something as simple as a few stages at a music festival is almost incomprehensible and seems to lack any perspective. 

Nobody is taking offence, but in 50 days the vast majority will be double vaccinated and its extremely likely that will need to be proven upon entry or at the very least a negative test result shown. 

People just want to do something that feels normal, and standing in a warm tent with a mask on isn't that. 

The majority of people in those areas would be constantly removing them to drink anyway - it would be a losing battle. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Not to pick on you but christ this is depressing. 

I'm outside the uk hanging on to a slim chance that I might get to this festival. 

At the same time the offense that people in England take to the idea that we may need to wear a mask for something as simple as a few stages at a music festival is almost incomprehensible and seems to lack any perspective. 

Well it's mutual incomprehension I'm afraid. 

The perspective is really quite simple, this isn't the black death. Average age of covid death is still 82. Anyone who wants to be will be fully vaccinated. Sweaty paper masks pulled out of grubby festival pockets ain't gonna make a difference. 

Should be between Jonny Greenwood and The Comet is Coming.

TCIC have confirmed they're doing Saturday. John Grant and Tune-Yards are playing in Halifax that night. Tinariwen playing Manchester Psych Fest that night along with half the lineup. Arab Strap are Friday, Arlo Parks is Friday, Little Simz is Sunday. I guess Whitney could do it but headlining a stage at night doesn't really suit them.

Any thoughts on the possibility that a surprise, or last minute addition as a replacement if needed, might be British Sea Power, who have played EoTR several times and start a tour on 10th September? Good way to kick off a tour.

Really hope this goes ahead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

Any thoughts on the possibility that a surprise, or last minute addition as a replacement if needed, might be British Sea Power, who have played EoTR several times and start a tour on 10th September? Good way to kick off a tour.

Really hope this goes ahead. 

I'd love that. Primal Scream seem to be out there a lot too.

1 minute ago, paulwa said:

I'd love that. Primal Scream seem to be out there a lot too.

Yeah. Always wanted to see BSP and seeing them in the Garden would be fantastic. Primal Scream would be a right party as well, even though Gillespie annoys the tits off me.

At this moment, eotr have still not opened twickets for resale ) I'm selling my ticket as can't/won't travel from Spain. they also haven't let anyone book the festival coach yet, no comedy stage announcements...the list goes on.

It's all getting a little late now for those wanting to plan their trip and who to see etc, it's usually all sorted way before now. 

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

Will not most of Whitney, John Grant, Tinariwen and Songhoy Blues cancel though?

Can't help but think we haven't had the day split because of the all rescheduling needed as international travel turns out to be too difficult.

Shouldn’t think so. It’s more of a cost/convenience issue now isn’t it? And the ones who remained on the lineup know what they’re getting into. The smaller ones playing for a few quid might sack it, granted, but wouldn’t think those names will bail.

Green Man announcement Friday suggests a few international acts will be down to play still.

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

Will not most of Whitney, John Grant, Tinariwen and Songhoy Blues cancel though?

Can't help but think we haven't had the day split because of the all rescheduling needed as international travel turns out to be too difficult.

The US raising the threat level from the UK to Level 4 and recommending avoiding travel to the UK won't help with US bands coming over:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-united-kingdom

Edited by Copperface

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Who of this year’s lineup is particularly good live? 

I’ll kick off…Warmduscher (better live than on record).

other names?

Jane Weaver, Penelope Isles (ooh, prog !), Fenne Lily, David TB (is he coming).  The more I look the more I get excited by everything underneath the headliners.

16 minutes ago, killyourtv said:

Jane Weaver, Penelope Isles (ooh, prog !), Fenne Lily, David TB (is he coming).  The more I look the more I get excited by everything underneath the headliners.

That’s End of the Road. Always look beyond the headliners for the gems. 

• Like 1