2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If people want to wear masks while watching bands (maybe they have an underlying health condition?), it shouldn't raise anyone's heckles and good luck to them.

It's their own bloody choice, they'll obviously be in the minority and it's not affecting you one iota.

Oh of course, couldn't give a fiddlers fart if if someone feels the need. Folk were talking mandated mask wearing tho 

• Like 1

I don't support testing on the doors... some people travel from quite far away, and what about the false positives... I hope everyone is doing regular at home testing anyway? It's free after all.

I also wonder if 4 days at a largely outdoor event is not so bad compared to 4 days of visiting indoor pubs/bars/restaurants, which don't test people.

2 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

I don't support testing on the doors... some people travel from quite far away, and what about the false positives... I hope everyone is doing regular at home testing anyway? It's free after all.

I also wonder if 4 days at a largely outdoor event is not so bad compared to 4 days of visiting indoor pubs/bars/restaurants, which don't test people.

Testing at the doors would have me cancelling. A 5 hour drive to put myself at the mercy of a hokey Lateral Flow Test... No ta

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Me neither . Six hours travelling just for a dodgy test at the entrance no thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, domjon said:

Oh of course, couldn't give a fiddlers fart if if someone feels the need. Folk were talking mandated mask wearing tho 

Yeah, that was me thinking out loud about the options festivals might be considering. I'd prefer if they didn't make them mandatory in tents (likely to cause resentments and arguments anyway when people invariably don't) and don't think they will, but it wouldn't stop me attending if they did. 

I do, however, agree with you on tests specifically on entry to site being a non-starter given travel, but again I don't think they'd take that specific option either. Again, because it leaves too much potential for wasted time, money and effort and therefore resentment/confrontation which they'll want to avoid on site. Any tests would surely be pre-travel (again though, that's still late in the day to find out you can't go and why I'd be in favour of a double vax option too). 

I hope we get more info from them soon, so we can all get back to talking about the bands we're excited about, but clearly this is important to a fair few people for different reasons. 

Edited by JHad

15 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Black Country, New Road really hope there on the garden stage , what you guys think 

Garden stage is an interesting call! Definitely possible, but I think I'd edge towards Big Top. 

Love BC,NR. Probably my favourite live band in the world (maybe tied by Porridge Radio) over the past 2/3 years, so at long as they're there somewhere I'll be happy! 

This is Green Man's COVID policy. Very sensible.

Everyone’s safety is our number one priority. To gain entry to GM this year, anyone over the age of 16 will have to demonstrate that they’ve received two vaccinations at least 14 days before arrival or show that they’ve received a negative NHS lateral flow test within 48 hours prior to their arrival. We totally understand that some people may not feel ready to return this year, so if you have tickets and don’t want to attend, please contact Ticketline to arrange a refund or rollover to 2022, you must do this before 5pm 23rd July.

59 minutes ago, paulwa said:

This is Green Man's COVID policy. Very sensible.

Everyone’s safety is our number one priority. To gain entry to GM this year, anyone over the age of 16 will have to demonstrate that they’ve received two vaccinations at least 14 days before arrival or show that they’ve received a negative NHS lateral flow test within 48 hours prior to their arrival. We totally understand that some people may not feel ready to return this year, so if you have tickets and don’t want to attend, please contact Ticketline to arrange a refund or rollover to 2022, you must do this before 5pm 23rd July.

Assume it will be similar for EOTR - not sure how they could administer tests on site 

10 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

Do we still think they'll be the comedy and other activities other than the music? I've not been to Eotr before but assume comedy is in tents, which might not be greatly ventilated. 

The comedy stage is fully outdoors, so that's not an issue. They haven't announced anyone yet though...

The only enclosed tents are the Big Top and Tipi stages, both of which can be opened up further, and the film area.

I don't think any festival has suggested onsite testing, the criteria for both the test events and those that have set a policy are those for the standard NHS Pass. IIRC Green Man said a while ago that if masks were mandated they couldn't go ahead but I cannot imagine that being suggested anyway, especially with them not being deemed necessary outdoors.

The GM lineup is a good one, though I do idly wonder why they posted about the new Little Simz track in their IG Stories last week. Also interesting they have both the bands that are on EOTR Records.

Edited by SweepingTheNation