2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

23 minutes ago, LonesomeDrifter said:

After some initial issues on the first day, they were testing 1500 people an hour and my friends who went said it was super quick and also made for a great festival atmosphere, as everyone felt more at ease. 

I believe some people have tested positive after the festival so it's not completely fool proof but saying that, Covid cases here in Catalonia are higher than it's ever been since the pandemic began, by a HUGE amount. It's out of control.

Yeah, I’m in catalunya too. 
Toxic combination of schools holidays, school trips and delta taking hold.

Believe they are saying a lot of the Vida cases went unreported.

• Upvote 1

It's interesting to see that Standon Calling are requiring everyone to get pre-tested and to show proof of a negative result using a particular app (Certific) before the event, even those who are double vaccinated. That's one way of creating equality for all I suppose, though at a cost. It looks like this has been in the planning for months, so who knows where EOTR stands on something like this.

https://standon-calling.com/pre-event-covid-certification-process/

Edited by paulwa

I think I'm more apprehensive about the possibility of bring turned away for testing positive than I am about catching the virus at the festival. I'm not saying they shouldn't test, but two vaccinations should be an alternative (I know you can have two vaccinations and get covid, but you can also pass a test and have/develop it). I got double vaxxed before the Latitude 'test event' for that reason, so that it wasn't a worry. My anxiety is through the roof with the uncertainties currently and plans having to change constantly and the thought of being turned away from one of my favourite places is almost enough to consider not even trying to go.

On the other hand, if they implemented compulsory masks in tented stages then I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

I think everyone who goes is acknowledging there's a risk, and probably a higher one than we'd like, but the positives clearly outweigh this for the majority of us. Tough decisions to be made all round really as it's affected/ing everybody differently and people will be uncomfortable for different reasons.

If you test positive before the event you should be more pleased you didn’t get to infect a tonne of people, than pissed off you don’t get in. 

Being vaccinated is a risk reducer and being tested is as well. I think it’s perfectly understandable if they ask for both given the situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

If you test positive before the event you should be more pleased you didn’t get to infect a tonne of people, than pissed off you don’t get in. 

Being vaccinated is a risk reducer and being tested is as well. I think it’s perfectly understandable if they ask for both given the situation.

Of course on point 1. Not sure if you're replying to me there, but that goes without saying (At least I thought it did!). My point was around the uncertainties of booking time off / paying for trains and of course the anticipation building up to the event, which is a huge part of it for a lot of people. Knowing it could all be called off the day before is going to make the build up an incredibly stressful period, rather than an enjoyable one. Right now, that extra apprehension makes other options more appealing from a mental health perspective.

Intrigued as to which way various events go. Maybe this is something we'll have to get used to for the long haul. 

3 minutes ago, JHad said:

Of course on point 1. Not sure if you're replying to me there, but that goes without saying (At least I thought it did!). My point was around the uncertainties of booking time off / paying for trains and of course the anticipation building up to the event, which is a huge part of it for a lot of people. Knowing it could all be called off the day before is going to make the build up an incredibly stressful period, rather than an enjoyable one. Right now, that extra apprehension makes other options more appealing from a mental health perspective.

Intrigued as to which way various events go. Maybe this is something we'll have to get used to for the long haul. 

I agree with you on the apprehension - makes the whole thing not seem worthwhile. 

I wish I refunded my ticket but we had committed to friends regarding accommodation as not camping.

Sure though there’s always been the risk anything might not happen.

Boardmasters an example of a festival that was called off for high winds. 

And people got ill or injured before covid came along.

The chance of getting covid positive in the days before the festival (especially if you’re careful about gatherings indoors) must be really low.

Every reason to think the odds are in your favour.

Edited by xxialac

On 6/25/2021 at 3:55 PM, Copperface said:

Just had this arrive. 16th july to complete the request.

Dear End of The Road ticket buyer,

As we continue to move forward with planning this year's festival, and in order to satisfy Government requirements with NHS Track & Trace, we will need each ticket buyer to submit the contact details for the people whom they have purchased tickets for. You can complete this information by clicking on the link below, and must do so by 16th July.

Your E-Tickets for the festival will then be emailed to the lead ticket buyer on or around 30th July.

Please note, you will only need to provide contact information for anyone with Adult or Youth tickets, but not Child or Infant tickets.

https://eotr.festivalpro.com/?*****************************************************

If you are planning to resell your tickets via the Twickets scheme later in the Summer, you do not need to do anything.

All the best,
Team EoTR

Weirdly when you complete the T&T contact details you get this message. Let's hope they haven't recharged everyone.....

THANK YOU FOR BUYING TICKETS TO
END OF THE ROAD 2021! 

Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed and a receipt has been emailed to you

Just found out that half of our group of 10 missed this email going to their junk first time around. A panicked few emails later and sorted.

But the deadline is a matter of hours away, worth checking with friends.

13 minutes ago, JHad said:

It's all becoming a bit too much. Constant fear about covid on here. Surely if you're double vaccinated what's the problem. 

If does seem like this year is just not worth it. 

16 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

It's all becoming a bit too much. Constant fear about covid on here. Surely if you're double vaccinated what's the problem. 

Anyone would think we have approx 50,000 cases today and the highest covid count by far in Western Europe and that’s before we open up next week, which will only accelerate the spread even further…

50 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Hopefully it's just a vocal minority and the festival isn't gonna be overrun with bedwetters.

Ludicrous levels of fear here

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Well you can't completely ignore the facts (and this is BEFORE opening up).

Soon to be no. 1 in the world...

image.png

And? 

Anyone who wants to be will be double jabbed by then, presumably there won't be many 80 year olds in attendance? Anyone with a pre existing condition that makes them more vulnerable will presumably still be giving stuff like this a swerve for now? 

If ya don't feel comfortable going then don't go... Personally I'm looking forward to putting this madness behind me..... and werritting behind a mask and avoiding enclosed tents aint a part of that plan. 

7 minutes ago, domjon said:

And? 

Anyone who wants to be will be double jabbed by then, presumably there won't be many 80 year olds in attendance? Anyone with a pre existing condition that makes them more vulnerable will presumably still be giving stuff like this a swerve for now? 

If ya don't feel comfortable going then don't go... Personally I'm looking forward to putting this madness behind me..... and werritting behind a mask and avoiding enclosed tents aint a part of that plan. 

Exactly . There will be no fear from me. I won't be wearing a mask I won't be avoiding the tents. I'll  be getting on with my life 

Edited by wolfamongwolves
  • Like 1

I think that nicely sums up the array of views festivals will have to balance. 

Total freedom (what most of traditionally seek in a festival) vs peace of mind (a lot more important to many now for a variety of reasons). Wherever each event ends up on that spectrum, they'll frustrate some people. 

It seems as if they're all being left to plan their own measures (for now), so we could see big differences between events (which makes sense to some degree as crowds are different). Intrigued to see what GM say today as that might have some bearing on EotR. 

11 hours ago, domjon said:

And? 

I want to enjoy EOTR. But at the same time I also don't want to be part of some spreading event, get the virus and then pass it onto people who are more vulnerable than me.

The answer as a minimum I feel is to have everyone checked for having been 2 weeks post the second dose. And those that haven't been show a certificate of having had a test (a PCR ideally) within the previous 48 hours. 

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The answer as a minimum I feel is to have everyone checked for having been 2 weeks post the second dose. And those that haven't been show a certificate of having had a test (a PCR ideally) within the previous 48 hours. 

I assume this is what's going to happen anyway - there are venues and clubs already suggesting they're going to insist on COVID Pass proof for entry, and with EOTR sending out the test and trace email within what seemed like minutes of the ERP Phase 1 report being published they're clearly looking to take all precautions. Given their social media about supported charities yesterday there's definitely no current suggestion that they're thinking twice about holding it.

Honestly? If you're so worried you don't think you can't see yourself enjoying it, don't go. Personally, as someone who is already double vaxxed - and don't overlook that around 75% of adults should be by mid-August and that according to quoted models the post-restrictions peak will likely have comfortably passed by that week - I'd feel a lot safer about being in festival grounds than in a pub or gig venue right now.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

9 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I assume this is what's going to happen anyway - there are venues and clubs already suggesting they're going to insist on COVID Pass proof for entry, and with EOTR sending out the test and trace email within what seemed like minutes of the ERP Phase 1 report being published they're clearly looking to take all precautions. Given their social media about supported charities yesterday there's definitely no current suggestion that they're thinking twice about holding it.

Honestly? If you're so worried you don't think you can't see yourself enjoying it, don't go. Personally, as someone who is already double vaxxed - and don't overlook that around 75% of adults should be by mid-August and that according to quoted models the post-restrictions peak will likely have comfortably passed by that week - I'd feel a lot safer about being in festival grounds than in a pub or gig venue right now.

I agree with all of that and I'm not worried.

My only point is that for the greater good, I think it would be good to incorporate testing (even if it's not required by law). Let's not make our festival the cause of any more spread than it needs to be. 

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I mean I'm not thrilled with that idea but i can live with it at a push.... Its the talk of opening up the sides of tents or masking up while watching bands that raises my hackles.  Makes me nervous there's gonna be lots of "excuse me, you're standing too close to me" bobbins going on. 

I suspect in reality tho it will be like all the test events... A huge free for all and everyone celebrating their liberation 

• Like 1