2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

11 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Unfortunately 10 days after the July 19th put them in a much harder place of having to start paying for suppliers etc before unlocking is confirmed. I also don't know if people would want to attend a music festival before being fully vaccinated (thankfully most 30/20 yr olds will be fully vaccinated before September). With the delta variant, I don't think I would (certainly wouldn't go into tent stages).

But Latitude is happening. 

It is all very inconsistent and I can't see EOTR making it myself. 

It is looking more hopeful. I do think it would be sensible for them to adapt the indoor stages, taking the sides off the Big Top for example. They might then have to be even more careful to avoid set overlaps, with the potential for noise to carry. 

Will probably voluntarily mask up for any indoors bits or if in a dense crowd even though I'm vaxxed.  Definitely for when I gotta squeeze into those portacabin urinals.  Need to reconsider my drinking plans to require less visits. Can you get a mask with a straw in it? 😁

Edited by snipe

3 hours ago, snipe said:

Will probably voluntarily mask up for any indoors bits or if in a dense crowd even though I'm vaxxed.  Definitely for when I gotta squeeze into those portacabin urinals.  Need to reconsider my drinking plans to require less visits. Can you get a mask with a straw in it? 😁

Drink shorts 🙂

4 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Here's something that's both hopeful and that we haven't had in a while - a lineup addition! Gwenifer Raymond has tweeted some upcoming dates that include EOTR (and GM)

Wow, a lineup addition! Added her to the setlist-based* playlist here: 

Also added new/updated tracks for Little Simz, Field Music, Girl Ray, the Goon Sax, ME REX, John Grant, Scalping, Lonelady, Fortitude Valley, caroline and Lazarus Kane.

*With very few recent performances to go on I'm trying to balance new releases that are bound to be played with previous setlist favourites.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Well....announcement today sounds hopeful for EOTR. I'm mildly apprehensive about live in general.... but having a festival to (hopefully) look forward to is rather exiting. Currently 95% barring any big curve balls. 

The Tories will do a U-turn in the next week. 

Todays announcement is utterly bonkers with the number of cases. 

Surely masks need to be mandatory. 

Edited by Nick07

34 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Cases are rising and will go up loads more but as long as hospitals aren't rammed then there's little reason not to host outdoor events.

By September they reckon all adults will have been offered 2 jabs which means the overwhelming majority of people at the festival will be fully vaccinated. 

Unless there's an especially dangerous vaccine avoiding variant I really can't see why it won't happen now, and I wouldn't have thought masks will be mandatory and certainly not outside.

5 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Here's something that's both hopeful and that we haven't had in a while - a lineup addition! Gwenifer Raymond has tweeted some upcoming dates that include EOTR (and GM)

I suppose there's a chance she is a replacement for somebody, seeing as the lineup was pretty stacked.  

12 hours ago, Nick07 said:

Depends if cases translate to hospitalisations. Current data suggests not. Most cases now are really mild in terms of symptoms. A lot of people just have a runny nose and a sore throat for a day or two etc. California for example have ditched masks for vaccinated people a month ago and hospitalisations and deaths are still plummeting. 

That could change of course.

I heard the guy who runs Latitude, Reading and Leeds festivals on Radio 4 this morning. Asked specifically about whether he'll put up signs to advise people to wear masks inside tented stages, his view was that every festival needs to consider its age profile and that, since his festivals are mainly under 30's, he didn't think it was necessary because of their very low risk profile. I'd imagine EOTR has a broader age profile than this, especially as it's held after the schools go back.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Depends if cases translate to hospitalisations. Current data suggests not. Most cases now are really mild in terms of symptoms. A lot of people just have a runny nose and a sore throat for a day or two etc. California for example have ditched masks for vaccinated people a month ago and hospitalisations and deaths are still plummeting. 

That could change of course.

Aren't hospitalisations increasing though?

19 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Aren't hospitalisations increasing though?

Yeah but thats always going to happen with any kind of restriction easing. Its a fact of life now we've to live with. 

There will be other variants too. Delta plus en route. This virus is going to jump and lower for years and years. 

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah but thats always going to happen with any kind of restriction easing. Its a fact of life now we've to live with. 

There will be other variants too. Delta plus en route. 

This is why I do't trust the Government as they could u turn at anytime. 

If they eased things sensibly then you could understand it but they aren't. On August 19th, numbers will be a lot higher so they could just decide to ban things like festivals.