2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

1 hour ago, scattered_screens said:

60k fans in Wembley in July, EOTR is what? 10k? Be incredibly infuriating if it doesn't go ahead now.

10,000 people have been allowed to attend events since mid-May. Unless UEFA have taken over from Simon, one more time for the people at the back: nothing that is happening right now has bearing on whether EOTR will go ahead.

(I'm not going to do this all again if/when Green Man goes, only to say: remember what country it's in)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

4 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

10,000 people have been allowed to attend events since mid-May. Unless UEFA have taken over from Simon, one more time for the people at the back: nothing that is happening right now has bearing on whether EOTR will go ahead.

(I'm not going to do this all again if/when Green Man goes, only to say: remember what country it's in)

What an incredibly patronising post 

10 minutes ago, Goodfinger said:

Agree.

They are ploughing ahead as got a grant but if the Government don’t issue the Guidance soon then this will run the risk of not happening like Truck/Kendal.

Are the Government just going to let festivals run without any need to check vaccine / negative test status ? 

1 minute ago, robith said:

Given the Latitude news, and EOTR's bullish attitude, do we reckon they have test status too?

I don’t think EOTR have had anything confirmed if this is still a Test Event as they would need to wait for publish results. 

Find it strange as the restrictions will be lifted on 19th July anyway and this is after.

It is important that pressure is maintained on this wretched and corrupt government to do something than provide the usual fobbing-off platitudes - "we're constantly working as hard as we can to find a solution as soon as possible - no government could do more" - and the proposed Andrew Lloyd Webber litigation will hopefully shine a light on how shit and spurious their professed commitments are. If only someone had had the foresight to offer an ice cream sale concession to some minister's sister, eh?

1 hour ago, Nick07 said:

I don’t think EOTR have had anything confirmed if this is still a Test Event as they would need to wait for publish results. 

Find it strange as the restrictions will be lifted on 19th July anyway and this is after.

I think it's increasingly clear that test events are not actually scientific experiments, but merely the title given to events the govt is allowing to happen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just had this arrive. 16th july to complete the request.

Dear End of The Road ticket buyer,

As we continue to move forward with planning this year's festival, and in order to satisfy Government requirements with NHS Track & Trace, we will need each ticket buyer to submit the contact details for the people whom they have purchased tickets for. You can complete this information by clicking on the link below, and must do so by 16th July.

Your E-Tickets for the festival will then be emailed to the lead ticket buyer on or around 30th July.

Please note, you will only need to provide contact information for anyone with Adult or Youth tickets, but not Child or Infant tickets.

https://eotr.festivalpro.com/?*****************************************************

If you are planning to resell your tickets via the Twickets scheme later in the Summer, you do not need to do anything.

All the best,
Team EoTR

Weirdly when you complete the T&T contact details you get this message. Let's hope they haven't recharged everyone.....

THANK YOU FOR BUYING TICKETS TO
END OF THE ROAD 2021! 

Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed and a receipt has been emailed to you

Edited by Copperface

15 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Just had this arrive. 16th july to complete the request.

Dear End of The Road ticket buyer,

As we continue to move forward with planning this year's festival, and in order to satisfy Government requirements with NHS Track & Trace, we will need each ticket buyer to submit the contact details for the people whom they have purchased tickets for. You can complete this information by clicking on the link below, and must do so by 16th July.

Your E-Tickets for the festival will then be emailed to the lead ticket buyer on or around 30th July.

Please note, you will only need to provide contact information for anyone with Adult or Youth tickets, but not Child or Infant tickets.

https://eotr.festivalpro.com/?*****************************************************

If you are planning to resell your tickets via the Twickets scheme later in the Summer, you do not need to do anything.

All the best,
Team EoTR

Weirdly when you complete the T&T contact details you get this message. Let's hope they haven't recharged everyone.....

THANK YOU FOR BUYING TICKETS TO
END OF THE ROAD 2021! 

Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed and a receipt has been emailed to you

I've had the same email but annoyingly it had gone into junk so thanks for the heads up.

Check your Junk folder people.

I don't know if this is connected to the timing of that EOTR email but the ERP report was published at about half three: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/events-research-programme-phase-i-findings/events-research-programme-phase-i-findings

The headline so far has been that out of 58,000 at the Phase 1 events there were 28 positives (11 before, 18 during/around), but 28% of attendees took a post-event PCR test and only 15% both pre and post. Otherwise: greatest risk is among high indoor crowd densities, outdoor events are lower risk, pre-event screening is effective, because there were fewer tests than expected data from the other official events is needed to refine the official event guidance (of course there's a lot more people with at least one dose than there were in the first half of May - Phase III seems to be about trying out the NHS app, as presumably full vaccination now counts for entry as well as pre/post testing) There was one pre-event and one post-event positive linked to the tented event in Liverpool that held 6,101, which had one of the highest post-event PCR test takeups.

3 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I don't know if this is connected to the timing of that EOTR email but the ERP report was published at about half three: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/events-research-programme-phase-i-findings/events-research-programme-phase-i-findings

The headline so far has been that out of 58,000 at the Phase 1 events there were 28 positives (11 before, 18 during/around), but 28% of attendees took a post-event PCR test and only 15% both pre and post. Otherwise: greatest risk is among high indoor crowd densities, outdoor events are lower risk, pre-event screening is effective, because there were fewer tests than expected data from the other official events is needed to refine the official event guidance (of course there's a lot more people with at least one dose than there were in the first half of May - Phase III seems to be about trying out the NHS app, as presumably full vaccination now counts for entry as well as pre/post testing) There was one pre-event and one post-event positive linked to the tented event in Liverpool that held 6,101, which had one of the highest post-event PCR test takeups.

I feel like the rates aren't worse than if they had been living their normal lives (going to supermarkets/restaurants), couldn't have expected zero cases. Hopefully the email means they have received clarity from the government and will just require track-and-trace to be in place.

On 6/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, goldengirl said:

I feel like the rates aren't worse than if they had been living their normal lives (going to supermarkets/restaurants), couldn't have expected zero cases. Hopefully the email means they have received clarity from the government and will just require track-and-trace to be in place.

Track and trace doesn’t work properly 

I reckon you will need to show that you have had both vaccines and / or provide a negative test result within 2 days.

Edited by Nick07

31 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Track and trace doesn’t work properly 

I reckon you will need to show that you have had both vaccines and / or provide a negative test result within 2 days.

Could not agree more.

That suggestion is surely the best one and would keep the number of infections at an acceptable level.

Taking a single test in exchange for 4 days of festival is hardly a big ask for those that need it and most will have had 2 shots by then. 

Edited by xxialac

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Could not agree more.

That suggestion is surely the best one and would keep the number of infections at an acceptable level.

Taking a single test in exchange for 4 days of festival is hardly a big ask for those that need it and most will have had 2 shots by then. 

I assumed that's what they're planning on anyway, especially given the DCMS' headline being that big events can go ahead safely with pre-event mitigation and that it's what's being done for the upcoming sporting events and Latitude seemingly to test the NHS app now it's live. The current track and trace detail gathering may be part of the process to make sure, or at least make it look like, EOTR has the eventuality prepared for as early as possible.

If we work to twelve weeks between doses, plus two as that's the recommendation for complete coverage after the second dose, that should mean over 73% of adults should be eligible on vaccination grounds, and that's if the time between doses isn't reduced for everyone as seems to be happening for a lot of over-40s.