2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

11 hours ago, MassiveGypsum said:

Hi there, posting here cos it seems to be the only consistently active thread - I bought a ticket during the May 20th resale, but since the Primavera lineup dropped I’m strongly considering selling on my EOTR ticket via Twickets so I can afford it. 

I should be able to do this pretty simply right? Twickets won’t let me do an official sale via EOTR yet, but EOTR made an announcement about upcoming Twickets resales on a Facebook post. I’m guessing there will be a window coming up where I’m enabled to sell it on?

Yeah that’s correct. Seems to be shortly after it sells out, normally, so should be coming up.

33 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Clinic just announced some September dates with a gap between the 3rd, when they play Bristol, and the 6th.

Wonder if they'll reconsider the surgical mask aesthetic? 

Ticket competition for those still looking for tickets @Guy Incognito

If the links don't work from here, let me have your address and I'll forward the original email. 

WIN EOTR 2021 TICKETS

If you missed out on EOTR 2021 tickets before it sold out, today could be your lucky day. Simply follow the instructions below to be in with a chance at a couple of tickets:

• Follow @13thfloor.coffee, @endoftheroad and @endoftheroadrecords on Instagram

• Like the post on Instagram HERE

• Tag your friends (up to 3 per post and as many times as you want)

• Share the post to your stories

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Green Man not sounding very confident of it going ahead.

Hard to see EOTR being materially better positioned.

Worrying times.

Still feels 50/50 to me.

GM's issue seems to be more related to the Welsh government's apparent reluctance to completely open up (a la Step 4 of the roadmap) or even drop social distancing despite their much vaunted speed of vaccination. There are some test events going on but none of them appear to involve festival-type setups, even though you'd think with what they have from the others there'd be enough data to show whether controlled entry can work.  Maybe their "we'll know in a couple of weeks" line suggests they're in high level talks. There's enough announcements being made of festivals weeks before EOTR (and increasingly indoor gigs in August) to think that a lot of English promoters are more confident.

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2021 at 7:52 PM, MassiveGypsum said:

Hi there, posting here cos it seems to be the only consistently active thread - I bought a ticket during the May 20th resale, but since the Primavera lineup dropped I’m strongly considering selling on my EOTR ticket via Twickets so I can afford it. 

I should be able to do this pretty simply right? Twickets won’t let me do an official sale via EOTR yet, but EOTR made an announcement about upcoming Twickets resales on a Facebook post. I’m guessing there will be a window coming up where I’m enabled to sell it on?

Just pinged you a DM about this

On 6/8/2021 at 4:08 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

GM's issue seems to be more related to the Welsh government's apparent reluctance to completely open up (a la Step 4 of the roadmap) or even drop social distancing despite their much vaunted speed of vaccination. There are some test events going on but none of them appear to involve festival-type setups, even though you'd think with what they have from the others there'd be enough data to show whether controlled entry can work.  Maybe their "we'll know in a couple of weeks" line suggests they're in high level talks. There's enough announcements being made of festivals weeks before EOTR (and increasingly indoor gigs in August) to think that a lot of English promoters are more confident.

Not sure EOTR or any promoters know what is going to happen (like all of us). 

June 21st is the reopening for England but leaks suggest that might not happen so that may mean EOTR is at risk of not happening due to payments, etc. 

Has anyone been to any socially distanced gigs on here? 

19 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

June 21st is the reopening for England but leaks suggest that might not happen so that may mean EOTR is at risk of not happening due to payments, etc.

That's all the case, but the point was that the issues around GM and EOTR aren't exactly the same because they're operating under different government strategies even without the Step 4 date questioning. There are regularly organised festivals currently going ahead within the next eight weeks, if that is the general cutoff time after which payments have to start being made - they're going to be on much greater eggshells than a festival twelve weeks away is.

On 6/11/2021 at 9:39 AM, Nick07 said:

Has anyone been to any socially distanced gigs on here? 

I've been to 3 gigs in the last 2 weeks.

2 at the Joiners in Southampton with 35 people and one last night at Chalk in Brighton with probably 120 ish. 

For none of them were temperatures taken or did you need proof of a negative test, but then nor do you to go to packed shops.

You'd have thought outdoor festivals could happen with proof of a negative test because by the time EOTR comes around pretty much everyone who wants a vaccine would have had the jabs. However it's probably the insurance thing that will screw us over because the organisers could face the prospect of going completely bust if they try and hang on.