2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Broughton currently lives in Tokyo.

Yeah, got to be easier than the previous post in Pyongyang. Anyway, damn shame, I was really looking to seeing him again. He's great.

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Although are they really going to turn people away on the day?

I don't see how they plausibly can. I mean, what's the alternative?

At the most/worst, I guess they could try to "punish" people by directing them to park as far away from the entrance as possible. Ultimately the lanes around the site are already narrow and problematic enough that turning away even a fairly small number of cars would have a serious negative impact on arrivals and the local area.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Hadn't clocked that it says you need to buy one in advance. Will do so. Although are they really going to turn people away on the day?

Nah, it'll just be 5 or 10 quid more on the gate, I reckon

I see that ArcTanGent have in the last hour or so announced that they will NOT run this year - cancelled - and postponed until August 2022. They cite, amongst all the usual 'covid uncertainties' the lack of a viable insurance scheme.

They were due to run around 3 weeks before EOTR.

How are we all feeling about EOTR still going ahead??

28 minutes ago, airwaves said:

I see that ArcTanGent have in the last hour or so announced that they will NOT run this year - cancelled - and postponed until August 2022. They cite, amongst all the usual 'covid uncertainties' the lack of a viable insurance scheme.

Still 50/50. So hard to predict...

1 hour ago, airwaves said:

I don't think it's directly comparable. Plenty of festivals in the weeks before ATG's dates, a lot of them bigger, are currently still going ahead, while at least one that had already moved to after EOTR has already been cancelled. Also ATG is a special case, it relies more than most on international acts and its sister festival 2000 Trees had already postponed so it was basically a matter of time (the statement referred to variant-based doubts over whether Step 3 would take place, which given it did so on Monday suggests they were planning the postponement last week)

The government insurance is the big sticking point and has been cited by practically every other July/August festival that's cancelled but it seems festivals with reliable backing are willing to take a chance, especially at the end of the summer - EOTR aren't going to put their remaining tickets on sale if they're that doubtful.

FWIW the Telegraph today is reporting that the test events went well enough that the most likely recommendation is for large events to be given the go-ahead, with screening in place, after Step 4.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

6 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

I would say Jonny will play as already advertised. 

Guess there is a slim hope of an additional The Smile set though...will be interesting to see if they announce a tour. 

They'll definitely tour. The group is attached to a touring company and they've got a mailing list to sign up for.

Hi there, posting here cos it seems to be the only consistently active thread - I bought a ticket during the May 20th resale, but since the Primavera lineup dropped I’m strongly considering selling on my EOTR ticket via Twickets so I can afford it. 

I should be able to do this pretty simply right? Twickets won’t let me do an official sale via EOTR yet, but EOTR made an announcement about upcoming Twickets resales on a Facebook post. I’m guessing there will be a window coming up where I’m enabled to sell it on?

Edited by MassiveGypsum