2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

7 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Anyone know if there is a way to send tickets to people directly? I've agreed to buy a ticket off someone and we are wondering if the "sell ticket" bit on the account page will allow direct transfers. 

The official line is that resales must take place through Twickets. If the seller has only purchased one ticket then they could perhaps just change their address to yours. 

This is probably not much help but great that you've got a ticket.

3 hours ago, shoebox said:

I have never known them to actually check ID against a ticket before. They will send an e-ticket that will be scanned on entry. Who is in possession of that e-ticket is kind of irrelevant.

Yes I've been to many gigs/festivals where they've said they will need to check ID matches the name on the ticket, but not once has anywhere actually bothered.

48 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Arlo Parks' tour beginning the day after EOTR has been postponed (which is weird, it ran until November so covers the period a lot of artists are currently announcing big dates/tours around)

Sorry, ignore this (can't edit/delete) - the tweet has been reposted to clarify that the original tour was in May and early June, the rescheduled dates begin in September.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

18 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Anyone know if there is a way to send tickets to people directly? I've agreed to buy a ticket off someone and we are wondering if the "sell ticket" bit on the account page will allow direct transfers. 

If I'm understanding you correctly, with it being an e-ticket my worry would be that the seller could potentially sell the same ticket several times, the person going in first would be fine, those afterwards not so.

I am guessing there isn't a 'way' to do a transfer except just trying to get in with someone's ticket, because Twickets is the official partner. If they condone transfers then they open the door to touting and invalidate the secure resale platform they are aligned with.

2 hours ago, allpointsnorth said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, with it being an e-ticket my worry would be that the seller could potentially sell the same ticket several times, the person going in first would be fine, those afterwards not so.

Correct. Thanks for mentioning it but I'm pretty comfortable going through with it. Still need a few for my friends on the resale day though so fingers crossed for that!

On 5/7/2021 at 5:20 PM, allpointsnorth said:

I think ticket scalping isn't that likely for EOTR. However I would encourage everyone to buy through twickets as who knows what covid tracing measures will be in place (you might need your NHS app name to match your ticket name). There will be some kind of proof of a recent lateral flow test I imagine.

59 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

I think ticket scalping isn't that likely for EOTR. However I would encourage everyone to buy through twickets as who knows what covid tracing measures will be in place (you might need your NHS app name to match your ticket name). There will be some kind of proof of a recent lateral flow test I imagine.

Assume we'll all be signed up to the digital green cert? Ill have to be anyway, traveling over from the colonies.

32 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Belgium are saying 13 August bigger festivals >5.000 (not sure about max) allowed. Visitors need proof they are 'covid safe', e.g. vaccinated or have a negative test. 

Quite encouraging especially seeing as UK has 26% fully vaxed, Belgium only 9%.

Actually 34%, or at least it will be when Monday's figures come in - and assuming supply keeps up with demand (and everyone has the second dose) it'll be over 58% by June 21st. (If you're wondering, 10th July is twelve weeks back from EOTR Thursday)

1 minute ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Actually 34%, or at least it will be when Monday's figures come in - and assuming supply keeps up with demand (and everyone has the second dose) it'll be over 58% by June 21st. (If you're wondering, 10th July is twelve weeks back from EOTR Thursday)

Yeah though my Belgian number is equally a little out of date and understated.

The point was more a relative one ie that if Belgium can run festivals in mid August based on the status of their vaccine roll out, then the U.K. definitely can.

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah though my Belgian number is equally a little out of date and understated.

The point was more a relative one ie that if Belgium can run festivals in mid August based on the status of their vaccine roll out, then the U.K. definitely can.

Even talking about the Electric Picnic being on in Ireland now, same weekend as EOTR and 80,000 people. 

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Even talking about the Electric Picnic being on in Ireland now, same weekend as EOTR and 80,000 people. 

Yeah but that's from the organiser (and the same one who confidently predicted festivals would go ahead last Summer...).

The statement re Belgium having festivals in August came from the government.

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah but that's from the organiser (and the same one who confidently predicted festivals would go ahead last Summer...).

The statement re Belgium having festivals in August came from the government.

So did the one about the Picnic. Both organiser and government.