2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

2 minutes ago, Ichacu said:

Is this the full line up or can we expect a few more acts to be announced over the next few months? Not that im not happy with the acts we've got

Not sure. In normal years they'd add the Tipi Late Junction stuff (one of the highlights of the festival) but its normally international acts so might be unlikely this time.

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Any bets on acoustic sets?

Jonny Greenwood and John Grant please!!

I'm not sure Jonny has ever done a solo acoustic set (I may be wrong). He has done it plenty of times with Thom, but I don't think anyone would ever expect him to turn up too so I'd say seeing Jonny in that capacity would be very unlikely.

Of course, who knows what Jonny has in the pipeline for his solo work...he's a very talented and versatile musician.

The Pixies not playing is a bit sad for me, since they were the stand out band at my first ever off-island festival. So it would be nice if they were at my first off-Island festival of the return.

However, Stereolab I probably love more and were ace in 2019  so that's a slight upgrade.

After that I'm not gutted by any removal. Bright Eyes would be nice to see but how many chances am I going to get to see Shirley Collins?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

How do we think Sleaford Mods will step up from playing tent stages, to headlining the mainstage at a festival? Lights? Dancing Girls?

I'm curious about this too. I mean im all for bumping acts up, but I just cant really picture them doing a festival headline slot justice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm curious about this too. I mean im all for bumping acts up, but I just cant really picture them doing a festival headline slot justice.

I agree with you. They're not really cut out to headline a festival.

Plus I'd quite enjoy listening to a few songs but 90 minutes of them would absolutely do my head in.

Personally I find the whole ''proper headline set'' thing well boring. A band doesn't need pyro or whatever to be a worthy headliner. It functions as such a limiting factor in who people seem to think can be headliners or not. Sure it's nice to see a proper ''event' as a headline set but not everyone is Beyonce.