2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Just now, SweepingTheNation said:

I think this is correct:

OUT: Pixies, Big Thief, Bright Eyes, Perfume Genius, Aldous Harding, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Andy Shauf, Archie Bronson Outfit, Creep Show, Julianna Barwick, Nadia Reid, Charley Crockett, Monophonics, Frances Quinlan, Itasca, Vagabon, Star Feminine Band, Ian Noe, Kate Bollinger

IN: Hot Chip, Sleaford Mods, Stereolab, Johnny Greenwood, John Grant, Tinariwen, Arab Strap, Shirley Collins & The Lodestar Band, Jane Weaver, Kikagaku Moyo, Altin Gün, Hen Ogledd, Scalping, Jim Ghedi, LoneLady, The Anchoress, bdrmm, Wu-Lu, ME REX, CMAT, Regressive Left, Eve Owen, Jonny Dillon, Mermaid Chunky

Massive round of applause!

Face it guys none of you want to go. You wanted to see Pixies, Angel Olsen, Big Thief. King K Rool? You mean the guy from Donkey Kong? Sleaford Mods? You mean the guys that do that cookery live show on Instagram? Nah rubbish. Why aren't Nick Cave and PJ Harvey playing? The only live down for goodness sake.

Might aswell all refund your tickets. Only silly people (like me) will actually want to go.

please let me buy your tickets.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick07 said:

Could be anyone for the Thursday out of them, SM, Little Simz, KK and Hot Chip

Little Simz isn't headlining, King Krule has already been confirmed as the Friday and Hot Chip, in a rehash of the same pointless argument on here from when the first announcement happened, are not going to be Thursday headliners if they're top billed.

1 minute ago, Nick07 said:

Could be anyone for the Thursday out of them, SM, Little Simz, KK and Hot Chip

King K Rool was originally booked for a weekend headline slot so not sure why he'd be Thursday now. Little Simz was weirdly down as a sub on 2019's poster before dissapearing so could see her doing that slot.

2 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Little Simz isn't headlining, King Krule has already been confirmed as the Friday and Hot Chip, in a rehash of the same pointless argument on here from when the first announcement happened, are not going to be Thursday headliners if they're top billed.

Didn’t it change between lineups though ? 

Big Thief were originally Thursday then Perfume Genius was 

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

King K Rool was originally booked for a weekend headline slot so not sure why he'd be Thursday now. Little Simz was weirdly down as a sub on 2019's poster before dissapearing so could see her doing that slot.

My suspicion is that Simz and Parks will sub Krule - maybe Simon thinks it's too big a traditional stylistic leap for the festival to immediately have Simz headline (and Arlo is such a big fan of Krule's that he was part of the reason she chose to adopt a stage name)

11 minutes ago, robith said:

Hot Chip are absolute all timers for me and I absolutely adored that bdrmm LP last year.

Chubby still there too KNOCK KNCOK OI OI

Bang on. As ever. 

21 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I think this is correct:

OUT: Pixies, Big Thief, Bright Eyes, Perfume Genius, Aldous Harding, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Andy Shauf, Archie Bronson Outfit, Creep Show, Julianna Barwick, Nadia Reid, Charley Crockett, Monophonics, Frances Quinlan, Itasca, Vagabon, Star Feminine Band, Ian Noe, Kate Bollinger

IN: Hot Chip, Sleaford Mods, Stereolab, Johnny Greenwood, John Grant, Tinariwen, Arab Strap, Shirley Collins & The Lodestar Band, Jane Weaver, Kikagaku Moyo, Altin Gün, Hen Ogledd, Scalping, Jim Ghedi, LoneLady, The Anchoress, bdrmm, Wu-Lu, ME REX, CMAT, Regressive Left, Eve Owen, Jonny Dillon, Mermaid Chunky

Excellent work, just need to add Buck Meek to the out list.

5 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Then it all points to Stereolab which is very disappointing 

In fairness Stereolab headlined Green Man last year so are arguably bigger than you'd expect to take a Thursday headline slot.

Sleaford Mods on the other hand have been lower down posters for years and don't feel like a headline act to me.

Just now, xxialac said:

In fairness Stereolab headlined Green Man last year so are arguably bigger than you'd expect to take a Thursday headline slot.

Sleaford Mods on the other hand have been lower down posters for years and don't feel like a headline act to me.

Except Stereolab didn't headline Green Man, they were subs.

Works for me, I'm rarely bothered with the headliners anyway.  Loads of new stuff to explore there, and have wanted to see Margaret Glaspy and Little Simz for ages. Glad to see David Thomas Broughton able to swim here from South Korea or Japan or wherever. And Jane Weaver doing "I Need a Connection" and new album is perfect.

My 19 year old lad wanted to come for the Pixies having loved the Idles set in 2018, doubt he's bothered now if some folk return I might be able to take Mrs KYTV now.

Just hope the "craft keg" beers don't run out on Thursday this time.