2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

4 hours ago, goldengirl said:

IMG-20210216-WA0000.jpg

Very interesting. Seems to suggest that the festival owners can delay their go/no-go decision and run some kind of festival, perhaps quite a different shape to what we've become used to, even at late notice. Presumably smaller, more focus on UK acts (who themselves would presumably be happy to play at the opening of an envelope by that point). So hold off on festivals for now Boris and lets see those Covid numbers come down!

Still holding out hope here. Vaccine the only show in town though. I may not be able to travel from Dublin. Or if I do I might not be able to get home without a fine/hotel quarantine. 6 and a half months is loads of time to get everyone vaxxed up and back to normal (ish) though right?

nervously_sipping_coffee_spaceballs.gif

Edited by The Nal

47 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Still holding out hope here. Vaccine the only show in town though. I may not be able to travel from Dublin. Or if I do I might not be able to get home without a fine/hotel quarantine. 6 and a half months is loads of time to get everyone vaxxed up and back to normal (ish) though right?

nervously_sipping_coffee_spaceballs.gif

If a 12,000 size no-social-distancing-festival is allowed then so will be travel. I'm 50/50 at best on the odds of EOTR getting the green light. Though thank god it's so late in the season.

Probably will still need a test or proof of vaccine to get on a plane and I doubt there will be quarantine needs by then.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It seems too good to be true.

Can someone reassure me!

8 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

It sounded good didn't it.... I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Yes to both. Cautiously optimistic is exactly it.

Going to be weird though if they do go ahead. Will take some de-institutionalisation/deprogramming at first to get used to people in large crowds again.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It seems too good to be true.

Can someone reassure me!

Well.. *gestures to most of the last eleven months*

I worry that with that date being set a chance is being taken on what proportion of people will take the vaccine and (albeit knowing we'll be well outside the traditional flu season by then) how low the infection rate will be given the aim is to offer it to all adults only by the end of July, but then by my reckoning half the adult population should have had a jab by some time in April (they passed one third on Saturday) so that campaign will be into last push territory well before that date.

6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Going to be weird though if they do go ahead. Will take some de-institutionalisation/deprogramming at first to get used to people in large crowds again.

It kind of seems weird that the current roadmap goes straight from thirty people gathering from 17th May to (supposedly) as many as you want from 21st June, though maybe the possibility of vaccine passports will ease that part.

2 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

It kind of seems weird that the current roadmap goes straight from thirty people gathering from 17th May to (supposedly) as many as you want from 21st June, though maybe the possibility of vaccine passports will ease that part.

Yep. Lot of unknowns at the moment and we're not there yet, all those dates are 'not before' so need to bear that in mind, but even thirty people now to me would seem alien.

Going to take some getting used to.

With the first wave of adult vaccinations now targeted for completion by July, there has to be hope for EOTR taking place now, whereas I for one had almost written it off. Fingers crossed. I wonder whether we might still see some safety modifications, e.g. take the sides off the Big Top for added ventilation. It gets a bit fusty in there at the best of times. Maybe we'll see stewards policing the numbers allowed at each stage to allow for more distancing. And I'm sure there will be hand sanitiser everywhere. Whatever it takes to get the thing on!

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What are people's odds on this going ahead?

I'm about 60% I think.

If EOTR are willing to gamble, that's very significant but I suppose they could still change their mind before incurring a lot more cost.

After the roadmap and Reading announcement I'm 90%. I think it'll take a huge curveball to stop it from happening.

2 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

After the roadmap and Reading announcement I'm 90%. I think it'll take a huge curveball to stop it from happening.

Boy, I hope you're right.

If Johnson ends up overpromising on these now sky-high expectations (about which he's 'very confident'), that would make him a big thief...