2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Have Big Thief been bumped up to headline now?

Big Thief were always headlining the Thursday before.

This announcement is huge surprise, really didn't expect it this year. The addition of Perfume Genius and Rolling Blackouts are the big ones for me, but lots to get excited about there!

• Upvote 1

By my reckoning we've lost Angel Olsen, Richard Hawley (!), Pinegrove, Makaya McCraven, 75 Dollar Bill, The Claque and Norman from the last 2020 announcement and gained...

Anteloper, Apollo Ghosts, Billy Nomates, Bingo Fury, Charley Crockett, Divide and Dissolve, Fortitude Valley, Frances Quinlan, The Goon Sax, Julianna Barwick, Kate Bollinger, Les Amazones d’Afrique, Les Filles De Illighadad, Margaret Glaspy, Marie Davidson & L’œil Nu, Mike Polizze, Modern Nature, Modern Woman, Perfume Genius, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Skullcrusher, Star Feminine Band, Tune-Yards, Yard Act.

5 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

By my reckoning we've lost Angel Olsen, Richard Hawley (!), Pinegrove, Makaya McCraven, 75 Dollar Bill, The Claque and Norman from the last 2020 announcement and gained...

Anteloper, Apollo Ghosts, Billy Nomates, Bingo Fury, Charley Crockett, Divide and Dissolve, Fortitude Valley, Frances Quinlan, The Goon Sax, Julianna Barwick, Kate Bollinger, Les Amazones d’Afrique, Les Filles De Illighadad, Margaret Glaspy, Marie Davidson & L’œil Nu, Mike Polizze, Modern Nature, Modern Woman, Perfume Genius, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Skullcrusher, Star Feminine Band, Tune-Yards, Yard Act.

Still more TBA, so hopefully some return. I want Makaya back especially

5 minutes ago, Fareham Grecian said:

Sad about Angel Olsen, but otherwise that is an upgrade in every way. Particularly pleased about Perfume Genius and RBCF. And SweepingtheNation, you have missed Chubby & The Gang - how could you??

Chubby & the Gang were already announced for 2020!

Pleased with this, losing Angel Olsen is a shame, but Tune-yards and Marie Davidson make up for it. Really glad that Girl Band are still there after cancelling rather than rescheduling their tour. Great to have this in the bag when we can be pretty certain it’s going ahead!

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

This is brilliant. I am lazy and hoped someone would do this for me.

No Olsen is a shame, otherwise very happy.

Any gems from this little lot?

Anteloper, Apollo Ghosts, Billy Nomates, Bingo Fury, Charley Crockett, Divide and Dissolve, Fortitude Valley, Frances Quinlan, The Goon Sax, Julianna Barwick, Kate Bollinger, Les Filles De Illighadad, Marie Davidson & L’œil Nu, Mike Polizze, Modern Nature, Modern Woman, Skullcrusher, Star Feminine Band, Yard Act.

The Julianna Barwick album is one of my favourites of the year, whilst Hop Along's 2019 album was my favourite of that year (Frances Quinlan is the singer). Sure I've listened to and enjoyed the Modern Nature album, but I don't remember a huge amount about it. The rest is mostly new to me.

5 minutes ago, shoebox said:

The Julianna Barwick album is one of my favourites of the year, whilst Hop Along's 2019 album was my favourite of that year (Frances Quinlan is the singer). Sure I've listened to and enjoyed the Modern Nature album, but I don't remember a huge amount about it. The rest is mostly new to me.

Billy Nomates recorded her album with Geoff Barrow and has collaborated with Sleaford Mods, which is a decent comparison - kind of laptop-aided speak-singing acute poetry.

The Goon Sax are an Australian trio, one of whose dads is Robert Forster of the Go-Betweens, who make quirkily angular, wordy indie. They've just signed to Matador for their third album.

Yard Act are a Northern version of one of those post-punk with spoken vocals bands around at the moment (Do Nothing, Dry Cleaning, Sinead O'Brien)

Fortitude Valley are the project of one of EOTR alumni Tigercats with half of Martha backing.