2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Tbh this might not mean she isn't playing, it could just mean she hasn't confirmed yet.

This is true, but she's been touring All Mirrors since 2019, so I wouldn't be surprised if 2021 festival shows are not on the cards.

Pixies will be around every summer, King Krule and Bright Eyes haven't had the touring options for their latest material, so not surprised that their plans have all been shifted a year on.

9 minutes ago, shoebox said:

This is true, but she's been touring All Mirrors since 2019, so I wouldn't be surprised if 2021 festival shows are not on the cards.

Since late 2019. Not like she's just finished a 200 date world tour. Only 4 UK shows played too, so you'd think she'd appreciate the opportunity to headline her first  (big) UK festival

Edited by Gilgamesh69

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Since late 2019. Not like she's just finished a 200 date world. Only 4 UK shows played too, so you'd think she'd appreciate the opportunity to headline her first  (big) UK festival

True. Hopefully she's just a late confirmation, she was outstanding in Hammersmith earlier in the year before this shitstorm

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

...I mean, I think most people would accept Bright Eyes being the fourth headliner.

Yeah, they'd probably get the bump up if need be.

But I think Pavement's plan was to do the Primaveras this year and then do a full tour next year. EOTR seems perfect for them doesn't it?

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, they'd probably get the bump up if need be.

But I think Pavement's plan was to do the Primaveras this year and then do a full tour next year. EOTR seems perfect for them doesn't it?

I expect EOTR will be looking to reduce costs everywhere they can so won’t be booking new expensive US acts. 

6 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

They won't have lost money though. 

Staff salaries, deposits paid, suppliers already paid, marketing and ticketing for this year... Every festival is losing a lot of money regardless of when it was postponed (AIF are asking for hundreds of millions in a bailout and some festivals like the always sellout 2000 Trees are running crowdfunders) plus that practically everything is likely to be more expensive next year but they can't put ticket prices up to counterbalance that because of the rollover.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nick07 said:

They won't have lost money though. 

After fully 12 months of lost income? I doubt their staff have been living on thin air since last September and they've incurred all sorts of costs and will continue to do so. Bit of a strange comment...

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

After fully 12 months of lost income? I doubt their staff have been living on thin air since last September and they've incurred all sorts of costs and will continue to do so. Bit of a strange comment...

There would be some lost money but not loads. Suppliers won’t be paid now. 

They rely on lots of volunteers and would they have paid artists already? 

Edited by Nick07

1 hour ago, Nick07 said:

There would be some lost money but not loads. Suppliers won’t be paid now. 

They rely on lots of volunteers and would they have paid artists already? 

I walked past a big poster for EOTR on the underground yesterday. That wasn’t a freebie from TFL was it?

Add a load on salaries (their core staff who eg book bands and coordinate the event need to pay the bills), lost deposits, as well as all the upfront on marketing and ticketing for an event that never happens  - it adds up to a lot, even if they manage to get away with only paying the bands once.

Net result has to be a smaller budget for next year to recover some losses.