2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

What time is the announcement usually?

It's a shame the lineup will have been pre-determined as I can well imagine some tours being delayed until late Summer due to Corona and bands being available who wouldn't otherwise be.

But I can also imagine the peak of coronavirus in this country being held up until well into the summer and having such a long tail impact that EOTR is cancelled. Or, of course, neither possibility. You can't work around what could happen.

3 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

But I can also imagine the peak of coronavirus in this country being held up until well into the summer and having such a long tail impact that EOTR is cancelled. Or, of course, neither possibility. You can't work around what could happen.

Obviously am no expert but others seem to be saying that the warmer months will *significantly* reduce the number of cases, such that even by July everyone has got bored of cancelling events. 

They are trying to stop Corona being a permanent fixture like Flu and it seems already like it's too late for that so once the numbers start falling, life will have to go back to normal.

So a few sort-of leftfield choices - that's cool, a step away from the guitar-heavy initial line up.

Anna Meredith is great, live score for Bait will be amazing cos that was one of the best films from last year. Ahmed Fakroun is a wild card choice too!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So, reckon we'll get a third announcement with "bigger" names?

Possibly, but I doubt many if so. We got quite a few "big names" in the first announcement. 

For me, EOTR isn't about the big names but more about the close attention to detail. I'm really pleased with today's announcement as was really wanting some more leftfield stuff on the line up. For me it's probably once again it's probably the best UK line up of the summer so far. 

• Upvote 1

You have to recognise that from the third line down, Aldous Harding is playing Barbican in May, while in December Whitney sold out Shepherds Bush and Comet Is Coming sold out Roundhouse...

Those are "big names" that sell out big venues... I mean, even lower down Richard Dawson sold out Barbican and Anna Meredith sold out Earth, to name a few... I think we're nearly done with "big names"

I'm with Guy Incognito - bring on the leftfield choices!!!

• Like 1