2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

On 2/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, Lester_Freamon said:

Other than the acts playing Manchester Psych Festival, does anybody know of any EOTR-types acts who have gigs or other festivals in August/September and could therefore be in the second announcement?

I see Passenger and Gruff Rhys are playing Mosely Festival on the same weekend. 

Passenger? Jesus Christ no

3 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

What makes you think that?

My reasoning is - I’d have thought there will be major interest in Bright Eyes, such that we might be looking at the Garden getting too full.

The easy way to solve that is by putting a big draw on the Woods stage at the same time, e.g. Pixies.

If they put Bright Eyes up against King Krule, it’s going to make it a big problem in my opinion.

The other possibility is they pull a Bill Callahan type solution and Bright Eyes are moved to the Woods...

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I think Pixies will play Friday. Possibly Saturday. They are playing in Hungary on Wednesday and on their tour they tend to have a 2 or 3 day break when changing countries.

King Krule is supposedly a big name these days so could go up against Bright Eyes on Sunday.

I reckon sat for pixies. The biggest acts they generally put on Saturday 

On 2/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, RustySpanner said:

My reasoning is - I’d have thought there will be major interest in Bright Eyes, such that we might be looking at the Garden getting too full.

The easy way to solve that is by putting a big draw on the Woods stage at the same time, e.g. Pixies.

If they put Bright Eyes up against King Krule, it’s going to make it a big problem in my opinion.

The other possibility is they pull a Bill Callahan type solution and Bright Eyes are moved to the Woods...

Nonsense, King Krule will get a big crowd - you're underestimating his popularity, especially among an increasingly young crowd. I'd imagine Bright Eyes will sub the mainstage, but perhaps they'll do the Garden... At this moment in time, Bright Eyes are no bigger than Parquet Courts were last year, and over-filled the Garden...

I went to see Damien Jurado in Bristol last night (partly to make up for not seeing him at EOTR 2018 , where he was replaced by the Wave Pictures due to illness). He was in solo singer-songwriter mode last night, just him and an electric acoustic guitar, but very enjoyable. The support act was Dana Gavanski, who I later found out will be playing EOTR 2020. I heard elements of Cate Le Bon, American folk and even Lola vs. Powerman era Kinks in her sound. She was good, definitely worth checking out, and I could see her working well in either the Tipi tent or early afternoon on the Garden stage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paulwa said:

I went to see Damien Jurado in Bristol last night (partly to make up for not seeing him at EOTR 2018 , where he was replaced by the Wave Pictures due to illness). He was in solo singer-songwriter mode last night, just him and an electric acoustic guitar, but very enjoyable. The support act was Dana Gavanski, who I later found out will be playing EOTR 2020. I heard elements of Cate Le Bon, American folk and even Lola vs. Powerman era Kinks in her sound. She was good, definitely worth checking out, and I could see her working well in either the Tipi tent or early afternoon on the Garden stage.

She was in session for Marc Riley towards the end of last year - I had one of those moments where you stop what you’re doing when she played One by One, absolutely magical. Can’t wait to see her at EOTR, one of my must sees