2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

2 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

I'd love Aldous Harding in one of those afternoon slots but I am guessing she's too big now.

Yeah would have thought so. 

Caught her first uk gig in front of about a dozen punters at Gullivers in Manc, she's come a long way since then... quite the transformation 

Got a ticket, yay! 

So Warmduscher must be a shoe-in for one of the late night Big Top shows, no?! 🤠 I’m not bringing any children this year so looking forward to actually being in the tent rather than listening enviously across the fields, ala Sleafords & Beak last year 

16 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

John would be a good EOTR Big Top band (assuming that is John x2 and not some other John).

I believe it is that John, they're playing a lot of festivals for some reason - maybe some agent thinks they're the new Idles, plugging away for years before hitting paydirt.

I want to know what kind of festival Eve's agent thinks it is, assuming that's Who's That Girl/Let Me Blow Ya Mind Eve.

17 minutes ago, Avon said:

Based on previous years we've about another 40-45 music acts still to be announced. Can't imagine there'll be any really big names to come. Maybe a Garden sub or Big Top/Teepee headliner? 

Blimey that's a huge number. If that is the case then I'm expecting a Garden headliner and some more acts for the Big Top. 

19 hours ago, RedRockRick said:

I'm confident there are still some pretty big names to be announced, though the headliners seem done and dusted. Little of interest announced thus far on the americana front so hopefully that glaring omission will be addressed. 

Crossing fingers and toes for Tyler Ramsey, I think he'd be a great fit. Super album this year too.

Been having a look over the line up so far and trying to work out who will be where. Not all the acts on here but this would be my guesses so far, with of course some more to come:

Woods

Headliners - Big Thief, King Krule, Angel Olsen, Pixies.

Subs - Aldous Harding, Little Simz, ....

Others - Whitney, Girl Ray, Big Joanie, Pinegrove...

Garden

Headliners - Bright Eyes, Richard Hawley, ...

Subs - Richard Dawson....

Others - Field Music, Andy Shauf, Squid, Darren Hayman, Katy J Pearson...

Big Top

Headliners - The Comet Is Coming, Girl Band...

Subs -....

Others- Romare (late night), Black Country New Road, Arlo Parks, Vanishing Twin, Warmduscher, Creep Show...

Tipi

Dry Cleaning, Sarathy Korwar, Just Mustard, Lazarus Kane, Trash Kit (thursday)...

18 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Been having a look over the line up so far and trying to work out who will be where. Not all the acts on here but this would be my guesses so far, with of course some more to come:

Woods

Headliners - Big Thief, King Krule, Angel Olsen, Pixies.

Subs - Aldous Harding, Little Simz, ....

Others - Whitney, Girl Ray, Big Joanie, Pinegrove...

Garden

Headliners - Bright Eyes, Richard Hawley, ...

Subs - Richard Dawson....

Others - Field Music, Andy Shauf, Squid, Darren Hayman, Katy J Pearson...

Big Top

Headliners - The Comet Is Coming, Girl Band...

Subs -....

Others- Romare (late night), Black Country New Road, Arlo Parks, Vanishing Twin, Warmduscher, Creep Show...

Tipi

Dry Cleaning, Sarathy Korwar, Just Mustard, Lazarus Kane, Trash Kit (thursday)...

I think you've probably got most of that spot on, although I think Aldous Harding would fit much better on the Garden stage. Plus I can see Richard Hawley subbing the Woods. 

It does highlight though that there is probably at least one Garden and one Big top headliner to come, plus various subs, so still some decent-sized names to come in the next announcement. 

4 hours ago, Lester_Freamon said:

I think you've probably got most of that spot on, although I think Aldous Harding would fit much better on the Garden stage. Plus I can see Richard Hawley subbing the Woods. 

It does highlight though that there is probably at least one Garden and one Big top headliner to come, plus various subs, so still some decent-sized names to come in the next announcement. 

I agree but I think Aldous will have a similar slot to the one Cate Le Bon had. 

8 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I agree but I think Aldous will have a similar slot to the one Cate Le Bon had. 

intrigued why that would be, Aldous would be a perfect '2nd headliner' on Garden when (say) King Krule or Pixies are on.

don't forget that Cate Le Bon had been given slot after slot at EOTR for a few years, so maybe destined for bigger open stage, and Aldous is currently way more subtle & "Gardenesque"?

47 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

intrigued why that would be, Aldous would be a perfect '2nd headliner' on Garden when (say) King Krule or Pixies are on.

don't forget that Cate Le Bon had been given slot after slot at EOTR for a few years, so maybe destined for bigger open stage, and Aldous is currently way more subtle & "Gardenesque"?

It's pretty much just because I imagine her taking a very prominent slot and seems to be playing the main stages/rooms at other festivals (Green Man, Le Guess Who?). Garden headliner would also be great of course. I predicted Deerhunter and Parquet Courts the incorrect way round last year so could definitely be wrong again. 

I wasn't aware of that but surely you could argue that the fact that Aldous Harding hasn't appeared so many times is even more reason for a main stage slot and a higher amount of publicity/PR.

Edited by Guy Incognito

17 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Went to see Angel Olsen last night, first 40 mins in particular was stunning. 

Where will she play? Has to be in the dark!

Well she's headlining the main stage, so I'd imagine... on the main stage... at headliner time... in the dark...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Went to see Angel Olsen last night, first 40 mins in particular was stunning. 

Where will she play? Has to be in the dark!

I was there too. She was stunning and so was her band. Very much in moody arty character of the new album for the first half of last night's gig - dramatic and cinematic sounds that will be a perfect fit for the Woods stage. About halfway through, once her mug of whisky kicked in, the older songs came out, the lighting went up a notch and we saw a more intimate and light-hearted approach.

• Upvote 1