2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Just now, WM Hall said:

That Green Man line-up just looks like the last 3 EOTR line-ups mashed together. My comments about EOTR line-ups no longer being original or surprising can be repeated for Green Man... but our EOTR line-up is much better than that Green Man line-up!

Yep. It follows that next years GM lineup will be exceptionally meh.

7 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

Yep. It follows that next years GM lineup will be exceptionally meh.

It does feel like the two take it in turns to have underwhelming headliners, although last year's EOTR undercard was better all round than this GM's (but I suspect there's a couple of interesting names under wraps for the second announcement)

Just now, Tomos_ said:

Anyone think the EOTR line up is missing a Oh Sees/Ty Segall/Parquet Courts type garden headliner? Hopefully there will be one in the next announcement!(probably not any of the above though)

Yeah definitely. We'll get something in the next announcement for sure. 

The Green Man announcement is decent, I wouldn't have minded Agnes Obel and Giant Swan at EOTR but overall I think we have the better line up. 

58 minutes ago, Tomos_ said:

Anyone think the EOTR line up is missing a Oh Sees/Ty Segall/Parquet Courts type garden headliner? Hopefully there will be one in the next announcement!(probably not any of the above though)

I could see Girl Band maybe filling that slot (although they'd surely be better in the Big Top), but yes I'd love to see Oh Sees once more.

If they could just play every year actually.

1 hour ago, Tomos_ said:

Yeah, pretty much. My thought would be that on the graphic/poster Bright Eyes and Aldous Harding are headlining Garden and everyone else on the top three lines is on Woods - although Little Simz' actual position will be interesting, I can't see her on Garden so is she Woods sub (and if so who to) or maybe Big Top headliner for Best Fit or Loud & Quiet's day lineup sponsorship?

Edited by SweepingTheNation

57 minutes ago, Tomos_ said:

Swans are coming to the UK for ArcTanGent a few weeks prior...

Cackling at the idea of Swans at EOTR.

I saw them at Primavera Porto a few years ago and they were so loud they made me feel physically ill and I had to go and sit in the furthest part of the site away from them in order to recover

56 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Yeah, pretty much. My thought would be that on the graphic/poster Bright Eyes and Aldous Harding are headlining Garden and everyone else on the top three lines is on Woods - although Little Simz' actual position will be interesting, I can't see her on Garden so is she Woods sub (and if so who to) or maybe Big Top headliner for Best Fit or Loud & Quiet's day lineup sponsorship?

Aldous on Woods I reckon. Same with Little Simz

4 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

Swans are coming to the UK for ArcTanGent a few weeks prior...

Just checked out this line up and swans was the only name I recognised!

Is it all heavy type stuff? As I'm not clued up on that music as it's not to my taste...

Maybe I need to check this stuff out!

10 minutes ago, Damon said:

Just checked out this line up and swans was the only name I recognised!

Is it all heavy type stuff? As I'm not clued up on that music as it's not to my taste...

Maybe I need to check this stuff out!

Yeah, heavy's a good umbrella word - prog metal, doom metal, experimental, math, post-rock, the weirder/heavier side of punk and emo, that kind of thing. Though there's a couple of bands playing this year that have done EOTR in the past.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Yeah, heavy's a good umbrella word - prog metal, doom metal, experimental, math, post-rock, the weirder/heavier side of punk and emo, that kind of thing. Though there's a couple of bands playing this year that have done EOTR in the past.

Thanks for the info! I'll check some of these out!

On 1/29/2020 at 3:45 PM, robith said:

Cackling at the idea of Swans at EOTR.

I saw them at Primavera Porto a few years ago and they were so loud they made me feel physically ill and I had to go and sit in the furthest part of the site away from them in order to recover

I was there too and it was certainly one of my top 10 festival experiences. Can't be many festivals that would allow a band that length of set. However it was a lot quieter than their normal preference .. hopefully they could crank it up a bit at EOTR 😝

9 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I was surprised Bridgers hasn't been announced for either EotR or Green Man so far. She is going Latitude though so maybe that's all.

Seems odd to make the trip for Latitude and Finsbury park! EotR hasn't finished announcing has it?

Some of my favourite moments of EOTR are the first couple of slots on the garden stage on the saturday and Sunday early afternoon.... Anyone got any guesses as to who might fill those slots from the names so far? 

That Andy Shauf album is a real grower and would fit the moment but his name probably a bit too high on the bill