2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

12 minutes ago, PDAD said:

How early has this historically sold out? 

typically only mid summer, but given the lineup quality announced today it might be earlier depending on how good Green Man looks by comparison tomorrow morning next week (quite a lot of chatter for a while about GM regulars trying alternatives this year)

Edited by riverlodge
being a muppet with my diary
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

typically only mid summer, but given the lineup quality announced today it might be earlier depending on how good Green Man looks by comparison tomorrow morning (quite a lot of chatter for a while about GM regulars trying alternatives this year)

Awesome, thank you! 

3 minutes ago, Damon said:

What are peoples experiences of this festival? Is it all woodland/forest etc? Sounds like a really nice environment for a semi chilled festival, have people done green man? Which is better in your opinions? 

There is some lovely woodland, containing walking paths, art installations, games to play, a library, speaker stages and even a late night disco, but it is also possible to completely avoid it and still have a great time.

Obviously a great first announcement, as seems to be agreed everywhere. I'm just amazed at the overlap of artists with Sea Change Festival (Totnes, 22-24 May) - Field Music, Katy J Pearson, Vanishing Twin, Squid, Dry Cleaning. Never mind, I don't mind seeing that lot twice.

Edited by paulwa

49 minutes ago, retromoz said:

tickets booked. mildly excited.

2 questions......is there ANY reason why tickets for 3-5 year olds are £45?!? AND.....has anyone on here camped in accessible camping? If so, how quiet is it? I ask due to the proximity to the disco ship/karaoke etc.

Thanks. :)

FYI they put on a lot of entertainment for kids (circus stuff etc) and a lot of the arts and crafts activities provide materials that will have a cost. 

I think they also want to manage the number of children which is why the kids tickets can sell out before the adult tickets!

23 minutes ago, paulwa said:

Obviously a great first announcement, as seems to be agreed everywhere. I'm just amazed at the overlap of artists with Sea Change Festival (Totnes, 22-24 May) - Field Music, Katy J Pearson, Vanishing Twin, Squid, Dry Cleaning. Never mind, I don't mind seeing that lot twice.

Will also be at Sea Change, and happy to see some of the overlap - actually would be happy with a bit more if WH Lung, Black Country New Road and The Comet is Coming were to visit Dartington again in late May.

35 minutes ago, Damon said:

What are peoples experiences of this festival? Is it all woodland/forest etc? Sounds like a really nice environment for a semi chilled festival, have people done green man? Which is better in your opinions? 

EOTR is my favourite UK festival.  I also go to GM every year, which is in a lot of ways similar, but is about half as a large again as EOTR.  Both are in beautiful settings.  Line-ups are fairly similar, although I feel EOTR bookers do a better job of getting great acts you've not heard of before.  GM, being in August, is a bit more family-oriented; also, being in a Welsh mountain river valley, has its own micro-climate which always seems to feature rain at some point in the weekend.  Food is great at both fests, as is the selection of drink.  Both really friendly festivals.

40 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

FYI they put on a lot of entertainment for kids (circus stuff etc) and a lot of the arts and crafts activities provide materials that will have a cost. 

I think they also want to manage the number of children which is why the kids tickets can sell out before the adult tickets!

Thanks for trying to answer this. But.......I dont buy it. Green Man has a similiar sized area for wee bairns, and they dont charge. If anything, if you include the stuff they do for kids in Settlers, they do more. Ditto Latitude. ETC.

Im sure there is a cost. I just.....wonder why other festies have either no charge for the wee uns or at least a substantially smaller charge.....

I mean....its academic anyways. We are going, with our 4 year old in tow. I find the charge....curious, is all. x

50 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

EOTR is my favourite UK festival.  I also go to GM every year, which is in a lot of ways similar, but is about half as a large again as EOTR.  Both are in beautiful settings.  Line-ups are fairly similar, although I feel EOTR bookers do a better job of getting great acts you've not heard of before.  GM, being in August, is a bit more family-oriented; also, being in a Welsh mountain river valley, has its own micro-climate which always seems to feature rain at some point in the weekend.  Food is great at both fests, as is the selection of drink.  Both really friendly festivals.

Isn’t Greenman bigger ?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

it's cos of the licencing, I presume.

A kid counts as one person as far as the licence is concerned, so for each kid they sell a ticket for they can't sell a full-price ticket.

so.....do other licenses not include young uns as part of their licensing agreement?!? Blimey.....Id assume all licenses for this type of thing would be similiar. I guess not.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, retromoz said:

so.....do other licenses not include young uns as part of their licensing agreement?!? Blimey.....Id assume all licenses for this type of thing would be similiar. I guess not.

yep, they're all done the same as far as I know. A person of any age is a person as far as the licenced number is concerned.

The best it gets for kids is with how it's done for Glastonbury - where there's an agreed number for the kids rather than an actual count of the kids via tickets. 

3 hours ago, Damon said:

Both good. It rains a lot less than Green Man! 

Edited by scrippit

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Apart from Bright Eyes, do we reckon any of the other acts announced today are Garden headliners? Most of the other top billed acts strike me more as Woods subs or late night Big Top acts.

I'd imagine Richard Hawley will headline Garden. Wouldn't be surprised if Whitney or Aldous Harding did too