2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

10 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

That’s definitely one of the better statements I’ve seen on this sort of thing. Without knowing the specifics of what happened it’s difficult to judge, but he does sound worth a second chance.

That is my feeling too. It doesn't sound like he did any more wrong than multiple generations of front men before him. It sounds like he has spent a long time reflecting on what happened if you read more current articles and has had help. A lot of people still very angry with him though and consider Pinegrove as 'cancelled'.

I have met and spoken to him (before this all kicked off) and would agree with the comment earlier that he did come across as a really nice bloke. They were really excellent last time in the tipi. Be interesting to see the reception they get.

not sure how people are struggling so badly with the Thursday headliner thing. last year, Spiritualized were down as a headliner, so they played the Thursday. this year, four headliners have been announced so one of them will play the Thursday. it won't be Pixies because they're the biggest of the lot.

as for the line up as a whole - very indie rock, a step back from the increasingly eclectic line ups of the last few years. lots of repeat bookings and predictable bookings, too. still, some amazing stuff there. Little Simz will be great, glad to see that's happened.

19 minutes ago, WM Hall said:

not sure how people are struggling so badly with the Thursday headliner thing. last year, Spiritualized were down as a headliner, so they played the Thursday. this year, four headliners have been announced so one of them will play the Thursday. it won't be Pixies because they're the biggest of the lot.

as for the line up as a whole - very indie rock, a step back from the increasingly eclectic line ups of the last few years. lots of repeat bookings and predictable bookings, too. still, some amazing stuff there. Little Simz will be great, glad to see that's happened.

Pixies might play it. Spiritualized were bigger than most last year and played on Thursday. 

As someone pointed out, it might not work with schedule for Pixies. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it not sorted yet

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Pixies aren't making it from Budapest to Larmer Tree Gardens in a few hours to play Thursday. 

Saturday night is my bet.

That’s what you would think. 

Angel Olsen is a massive draw so logic suggests be one of other two. 

Bright Eyes hopefully be garden headliner 

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

"15 minute walk from the festival"

giphy.gif

If you're a fit adult with no restrictions then it's more like five minutes.

I've done tangerine fields the past three years and it's amazing - the fact that you don't have to take a tent is the main draw, but there is also an indoor area with sofas (and mirrors/hair dryers etc) to chill out in, the shower queues are pretty minimal (I think the longest I've ever waited is about 15 minutes and if you go early enough you can usually just stroll straight up to them) and the area is right next to family camping so it's fairly quiet.

Well worth it in my opinion if you don't mind shelling out for a bit of luxury.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1