2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Anyway I'm pretty happy, better than last year at the top end of the bill.

Still struggle to imagine Big Thief as headliners just because they seem a bit ... fragile somehow. But they've come a long way since their debut in front of a mostly disinterested Tipi in 2016. I think they said that was their first gig outside the US, so it's kinda fitting that EotR re the first to give them a leg up to headliner status too.

2 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Anyway I'm pretty happy, better than last year at the top end of the bill.

Still struggle to imagine Big Thief as headliners just because they seem a bit ... fragile somehow. But they've come a long way since their debut in front of a mostly disinterested Tipi in 2016. I think they said that was their first gig outside the US, so it's kinda fitting that EotR re the first to give them a leg up to headliner status too.

I saw them at Green Man last year. 

Was an assured performance and won't have a problem headlining.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why would the literal first band on the poster - and by far the best known - be booked to play the day that's there to put some bands on for early arrivals? Even though nobody cared about Beirut as headliners last year, to the extent that no music site reported it when they pulled out, they were still first listed and headlined Saturday night.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

2 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Spiritualised weren’t a headliner last year but played Thursday 

https://endoftheroadfestival.com/2019/01/2019-headliners-revealed/

Our Thursday evening headliner reached mythical status following their 1997 masterpiece Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space. The audacious and uncompromising Spiritualized are revered for their transcendent live shows, with their ever enigmatic leader Jason Pierce’s performances at once poignant and defiant, they’re set to launch the festival into the stratosphere.

1 minute ago, Nick07 said:

From memory they weren’t a headliner on poster. 

I LITERALLY JUST POSTED THE TEXT FROM EOTR'S SITE WHERE THEY ANNOUNCED SPIRITUALIZED WERE THE THURSDAY HEADLINER IN THE FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT.

Also, they've just announced four headliners for the four day festival and made that status clear on the news item on their site. Festivals do not announce "headliners" for the second stage, and even when EOTR did that with J&MC/Bill Callahan they made a point of stating even though he was playing Garden Callahan was still regarded as a headliner.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

6 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

Really excellent line-up. Truly something for everyone there.

Interested in people’s thoughts on Pinegrove playing. I guess it means Simon is convinced enough that Evan deserves another chance. What do others think?

(Actually really like the new album from a musical point of view)

Why what has he done? Haven't followed them at all but thought they were great in the Tipi last time. Is Evan the singer? Seemed a nice chap