Jump to content

My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June


foolee
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’m Big Green Coaching it to Milton Keynes from Liverpool and then back after the gig and how shite that five hour coach ride back is gonna be is all I can think about when I think of this gig.

BUT yeah I’m getting pretty stoked now. I’ve not had much on for most of the year but from mid May to the end of June I’ve just got endless huge gigs/festivals and I’m so hyped, especially with this one starting things off.

MCR with obviously be great, and I hope we get a decent/casual friendly setlist from Placebo and not just stuff from the last coupe of albums as they have been known to do. 

Edited by FloorFiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m Big Green Coaching it to Milton Keynes from Liverpool and then back after the gig and how shite that five hour coach ride back is gonna be is all I can think about when I think of this gig.

BUT yeah I’m getting pretty stoked now. I’ve not had much on for most of the year but from mid May to the end of June I’ve just got endless huge gigs/festivals and I’m so hyped, especially with this one starting things off.

MCR with obviously be great, and I hope we get a decent/casual friendly setlist from Placebo and not just stuff from the last coupe of albums as they have been known to do. 

We are big green coaching it from Brighton. Looking forward to it immensely

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, atomised said:

We are big green coaching it from Brighton. Looking forward to it immensely

How so? In my old age all I can think about is ‘god I’m gonna be knackered and just want my bed’. Journey there should be fun, mind…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Does anyone think it a bit strange how quiet the band have been? This reunion feels a bit muted.

Think the two year delay has certainly killed off some of the buzz they were obviously hoping to cause with the live shows - they did all the promo the first time around. I expect once they start playing live again we might get a bit more info on what’s to come re: possible new material or whatever, but for now I’m just happy to turn up and see them rip it up.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

How so? In my old age all I can think about is ‘god I’m gonna be knackered and just want my bed’. Journey there should be fun, mind…

I'm probably just ignoring the journey home bit and thinking at least we have seats rather than having to stay over or chance ridiculous trains 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m Big Green Coaching it to Milton Keynes from Liverpool and then back after the gig and how shite that five hour coach ride back is gonna be is all I can think about when I think of this gig.

BUT yeah I’m getting pretty stoked now. I’ve not had much on for most of the year but from mid May to the end of June I’ve just got endless huge gigs/festivals and I’m so hyped, especially with this one starting things off.

MCR with obviously be great, and I hope we get a decent/casual friendly setlist from Placebo and not just stuff from the last coupe of albums as they have been known to do. 

I hope Placebo play some of the hits too but I’m not holding out hope. I think half of the latest album is really excellent so I’m looking forward to hearing some of those songs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think the two year delay has certainly killed off some of the buzz they were obviously hoping to cause with the live shows - they did all the promo the first time around. I expect once they start playing live again we might get a bit more info on what’s to come re: possible new material or whatever, but for now I’m just happy to turn up and see them rip it up.

Maybe they will play a new song or something but it does feel a bit quiet, I actually forgot these shows were happening and they’d reunited. The worst thing would be if they are hitting the road this year for a cash grab and that’s it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get from the National Bowl to the Stadium? We've got a hotel near the Bowl but it's a 40 minute walk each way. The stadium seems like a nightmare to get to

Sorry I can't help with directions but I feel your pain, MK is such a shit place in general and shit for gigs too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jump said:

Sorry I can't help with directions but I feel your pain, MK is such a shit place in general and shit for gigs too.

I've heard MK is a shambles before, I couldn't find options for shuttle buses back to town after the hotels had all sold out and it was too late. I don't mind walking the 40 minutes but after a six-hour gig in a town I have no knowledge of it's going to be interesting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I've heard MK is a shambles before, I couldn't find options for shuttle buses back to town after the hotels had all sold out and it was too late. I don't mind walking the 40 minutes but after a six-hour gig in a town I have no knowledge of it's going to be interesting

I've had to go to MK a few times before for work and gigs and every time I hate it.

There was a taxi rank outside the staduim you can try to get to the hotel after the gig. When I saw Rammstein there we got a taxi with some randoms heading to the train station to split the cab fare but I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to find someone who is also heading to your hotel though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, jump said:

I've had to go to MK a few times before for work and gigs and every time I hate it.

There was a taxi rank outside the staduim you can try to get to the hotel after the gig. When I saw Rammstein there we got a taxi with some randoms heading to the train station to split the cab fare but I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to find someone who is also heading to your hotel though.

 

Cheers mate - this must be how it feels for anyone who isn't a Leeds fan visiting Elland Road, limited transport, limited parking, and a labyrinth of a walk back to town.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well Sunderland have messed up my plans getting to Wembley on the same day 

What times do gigs normally start in MK as don’t know if there have an early curfew.

wondering if I can get from Wembley to MK and pray for no extra time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't realise Ed sheeran was playing Cardiff the same night as MCR, it's gonna be mental in Cardiff. I'm staying in Chepstow anyway as I wasn't paying the extortionate Hotel prices, I did find it odd they were so high just for MCR which hasn't exactly sold brilliantly seemingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Well Sunderland have messed up my plans getting to Wembley on the same day 

What times do gigs normally start in MK as don’t know if there have an early curfew.

wondering if I can get from Wembley to MK and pray for no extra time 

Let's hope we don't mess it up at Wembley this time!|

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Didn't realise Ed sheeran was playing Cardiff the same night as MCR, it's gonna be mental in Cardiff. I'm staying in Chepstow anyway as I wasn't paying the extortionate Hotel prices, I did find it odd they were so high just for MCR which hasn't exactly sold brilliantly seemingly.

The trains back will be fun after that, hoping to pick up a cheap Cardiff ticket nearer the time fingers crossed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Well Sunderland have messed up my plans getting to Wembley on the same day 

What times do gigs normally start in MK as don’t know if there have an early curfew.

wondering if I can get from Wembley to MK and pray for no extra time 

As ideas go, this sounds mental, so full respect if you do try it.

Remember that traffic especially getting away from Wembley is going to be an absolute ball-ache for at least an hour after the FT whistle blows. Barring a piece of astounding luck, the only way you get away quickly and cleanly is if you pay through the nose for strategically located parking and you sneak out before the FT whistle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, incident said:

As ideas go, this sounds mental, so full respect if you do try it.

Remember that traffic especially getting away from Wembley is going to be an absolute ball-ache for at least an hour after the FT whistle blows. Barring a piece of astounding luck, the only way you get away quickly and cleanly is if you pay through the nose for strategically located parking and you sneak out before the FT whistle.

i think if I get to Euston by 6:40 I can make it , band won’t be on till 9pm I guess 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

i think if I get to Euston by 6:40 I can make it , band won’t be on till 9pm I guess 

 

Ah, sorry, I assumed car - in which case, consider walking a bit further away from the Stadium to Wembley Central Station. It's on the same line as Euston and MK, which gives you a bit of flexibility - either you can get head back to Euston to pick up your train without having to bugger about changing on the tube, or you can go North to Watford Junction and pick up the train there avoiding central London entirely which probably saves you about 20 minutes.

It's a long time since I did that, but for your purposes should certainly be better than going to Wembley Park (which has a high throughput, but most people head there) or Wembley Stadium stations (which is on the Wycombe line so loads of people will head to).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, incident said:

Ah, sorry, I assumed car - in which case, consider walking a bit further away from the Stadium to Wembley Central Station. It's on the same line as Euston and MK, which gives you a bit of flexibility - either you can get head back to Euston to pick up your train without having to bugger about changing on the tube, or you can go North to Watford Junction and pick up the train there avoiding central London entirely which probably saves you about 20 minutes.

It's a long time since I did that, but for your purposes should certainly be better than going to Wembley Park (which has a high throughput, but most people head there) or Wembley Stadium stations (which is on the Wycombe line so loads of people will head to).

Thanks for the advice and that’s really helpful , honestly had these tickets years and what are the chances 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...