My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

As somebody who plans to go get some food before heading in so wouldn’t have a chance of getting in the gold circle, it being scrapped sounds good to me, although not sure how wise that is for safety reasons.

Maybe they saw the crowd of pale, weedy emos and goffs and thought ‘not gonna have any trouble here, scrap the barrier’.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Sounds like transport out of the stadium wasn't great on Thursday. Planning on getting the shuttle bus there from the centre. The afterparty we booked 3 years ago is 6 miles from the stadium, if taxis are a struggle we may not bother

Bit late to this. But.....Yr probably better off walking to Bletchley train station and getting a train to Wolverton, I reckon. Out of the 3 after parties I know off, two of them (at unit 11 and my local, the Craufurd Arms) are only a 10/15 min walk away. The third one (at MK11) is a bit of a trek, but still probably quicker than waiting for a cab at mk stadium (around a 45 min walk). You will probably get a cab easier from Wolverton station than mk station anyways..  

Hope this (belatedly) helps.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Fuck me, thought they were gonna dick us with Kids From Yesterday at the end there but nah, they delivered. Great setlist, great crowd, well worth the two year wait. 

Was kids from yesterday gone completely tonight 

Honestly my initial reaction is a little bit underwhelming. Didn’t think the sound was all that and the crowd was pretty dead. Too many people filming rather than enjoying the night. Not the perfect setlist but it was pretty decent and played longer than expected which was nice. I prefer theatrical Gerard Way we used to get rather than comic book guy Gerard Way. Have seen better and seen them be better unfortunately but maybe I need to sleep on it. 

Fantastic gig last night and we’ll worth the wait. Couldn’t have asked for a much better set list, sound was patchy and the crowd was dead though as previously mentioned by others.

For anyone going today, if you want merch or ale, get down early or you’ll be queuing literally hours, took me most of Placebo to get served. The walk to and from the bowl was well signposted though. No metal detectors, dogs or pat downs on gate one.

And finally to the Sunderland fan on here last week, hope you had a fucking good day

What a fantastic evening that was. Setlist was wall to wall bangers and I thought they sounded great. I thought the crowd was pretty good where I was to honest, plenty of energy and everyone was belting out every word. I’d never been to a stadium show before and I loved it. I love big venues. 

The queues for the bar were bloody ridiculous though. Even when we first arrived at about 4:40 it took over 20mins to get served. We gave up drinking after the second support band because we could tell we would be stood there all night otherwise. 

Amazing setlist, so worth the long wait! Crowd was pretty good where we were, a mini pit kept opening infront of us. And I think we got lucky with the bars, the spirit ones on the right of the stage were never that busy and serving doubles for the same price as a pint. 

Parked at the actual stadium though and it took us over an hour to get out. Not going back to Milton Keynes again if I can help it!

55 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The queues for the bar were bloody ridiculous though. Even when we first arrived at about 4:40 it took over 20mins to get served. We gave up drinking after the second support band because we could tell we would be stood there all night otherwise. 

Yeah the queues were insane and there didn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to which direction they all went - just join the end of what you assume is a queue and hope for the best, basically. Stupid.

Was fortunate enough to be stood right next to a pit opening up almost continuously through the night so I threw myself in to that quite a bit which was a lot of fun. The 1 - 2 of Disappear and Prison especially was mega fun as I didn’t think we were gonna get either so having them back to back west ace. 

If you're going today and want merch go immediately. We got in at 3:50 and were in a queue for 40 minutes. It only got longer from there. At least we didn't miss anything. The queues after the gig for merch, along with the bag collection were mental.

No pat downs or metal detectors. Just 2 lads at the start of the gate pointing the backpack squad to the bag storage, and then a second layer of security checking what's in your bag and giving you a wristband. Very fast and efficient getting in, and before doors officially open too.

Getting drinks: don't just join the queue. There's often a much smaller queue on the opposite entrance to the same bar.

Edited by Padjeq

3 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Fantastic gig last night and we’ll worth the wait. Couldn’t have asked for a much better set list, sound was patchy and the crowd was dead though as previously mentioned by others.

For anyone going today, if you want merch or ale, get down early or you’ll be queuing literally hours, took me most of Placebo to get served. The walk to and from the bowl was well signposted though. No metal detectors, dogs or pat downs on gate one.

And finally to the Sunderland fan on here last week, hope you had a fucking good day

I had an amazing day , obviously Wembley was so special and then got into Euston to get a train at ten past 6

Echo the comments about Merch and drinks , managed to get 2 pints and my T-shirt but was impossible to get served again.

I was at the back and we had a great atmosphere with very little phone recording and a lot of dancing .

Set list was fantastic and was well worth the 2 year wait , want to do it all over again

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah the queues were insane and there didn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to which direction they all went - just join the end of what you assume is a queue and hope for the best, basically. Stupid.

Was fortunate enough to be stood right next to a pit opening up almost continuously through the night so I threw myself in to that quite a bit which was a lot of fun. The 1 - 2 of Disappear and Prison especially was mega fun as I didn’t think we were gonna get either so having them back to back west ace. 

Feel like we were in exactly the same place. Did you see a guy holding a cex bag up for like an hour so his friends could find him before mcr came on? 

Props to him

5 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Feel like we were in exactly the same place. Did you see a guy holding a cex bag up for like an hour so his friends could find him before mcr came on? 

Props to him

Were you guys to the right, facing the stage? I was on the edge of a mini pit too. I was in a Static Dress tour shirt with my gf

29 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Were you guys to the right, facing the stage? I was on the edge of a mini pit too. I was in a Static Dress tour shirt with my gf

Yeah that’s where I was. I had a St Anger Metallica t shirt on.

Was pleasantly surprised how roomy it was in the standing area. Like, it was busy, but I never felt like I was smushed together with people or in anybody’s way which was nice.