My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

I would also take out some of the danger days stuff and throw in more sweet cheers & black parade. Really think they should've closed with Famous last words as well

Would love to get Cemetary Drive on Saturday. Was the first date to go on sale in the UK so they'll hopefully put together their best setlist for it although I doubt this will affect their decision

Semi-realistic wish setlist based on the two they've played so far would be:

1. The Foundations of Decay
2. Helena
3. Give 'Em Hell Kid
4. Cemetery Drive
5. This is How I Disappear
6. The Only Hope for Me Is You
7. You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison
8. House of Wolves
9. Na Na Na
10. Teenagers
11. The Ghost of You
12. DESTROYA
13. Our Lady Sorrows
14. Mama
15. S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
16. Thank You for the Venom
17. Sleep
18. Famous Last Words

19. I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
20. Boy Division
21. Welcome to the Black Parade
22. The Kids From Yesterday

Tbh if I had it my way I'd probably bin off Mama as well but they seem to like that one for whatever reason - maybe because its a piece of piss for Gerard to sing - and I've never really given Conventional Weapons a proper listen so not fussed on those songs appearing, although looks like I better give it a go as they're gonna play a couple of them at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Semi-realistic wish setlist based on the two they've played so far would be:

1. The Foundations of Decay
2. Helena
3. Give 'Em Hell Kid
4. Cemetery Drive
5. This is How I Disappear
6. The Only Hope for Me Is You
7. You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison
8. House of Wolves
9. Na Na Na
10. Teenagers
11. The Ghost of You
12. DESTROYA
13. Our Lady Sorrows
14. Mama
15. S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
16. Thank You for the Venom
17. Sleep
18. Famous Last Words

19. I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
20. Boy Division
21. Welcome to the Black Parade
22. The Kids From Yesterday

Tbh if I had it my way I'd probably bin off Mama as well but they seem to like that one for whatever reason - maybe because its a piece of piss for Gerard to sing - and I've never really given Conventional Weapons a proper listen so not fussed on those songs appearing, although looks like I better give it a go as they're gonna play a couple of them at least.

I would take that on Saturday night.

Its great when a band changes the set list if you are going a few nights but not so great when you only have the one and miss the night that fits you best. Oh well, sure we are in for a treat what ever they play but agree theycould loose Mama and it  would not be an issue.

Watching a few videos from the shows and Gerard looks awkward as shit performing these days. Not sure if that’s always been the case or not, but the guy clearly got far too comfortable being a comic book guy for the last decade. Maybe it’s the fact that they’re all in plain clothes these days rather than outfitted up so just look like a bunch of blokes. 

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Watching a few videos from the shows and Gerard looks awkward as shit performing these days. Not sure if that’s always been the case or not, but the guy clearly got far too comfortable being a comic book guy for the last decade. Maybe it’s the fact that they’re all in plain clothes these days rather than outfitted up so just look like a bunch of blokes. 

Only time I ever saw him live was Leeds 2014 on his solo show. He was so charismatic in his blue suit and red tie. I think the costumes pull everything together, and now they're out there looking how they probably did playing in pubs rather than the overblown armygoths that people associate with their entire career.

Gotta wonder what tonight's show will be like. The Eden gigs were effectively warm ups on a small stage in front of a small crowd. You'd expect a big yank act to have a bigger set-up in a stadium, so maybe it'll be different.

21 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Only time I ever saw him live was Leeds 2014 on his solo show. He was so charismatic in his blue suit and red tie. I think the costumes pull everything together, and now they're out there looking how they probably did playing in pubs rather than the overblown armygoths that people associate with their entire career.

Gotta wonder what tonight's show will be like. The Eden gigs were effectively warm ups on a small stage in front of a small crowd. You'd expect a big yank act to have a bigger set-up in a stadium, so maybe it'll be different.

I'm curious about that, the Eden sessions stage is pretty small with a low roof. I always saw those Eden shows as warm ups and have been expecting more spectacle from the stadium set up

39 minutes ago, atomised said:

I'm curious about that, the Eden sessions stage is pretty small with a low roof. I always saw those Eden shows as warm ups and have been expecting more spectacle from the stadium set up

Yeah they’re surely have a digital backdrop at MK, hoping for something special for these like a different setlist, staging etc

• Upvote 1

Anyone want a standing ticket for Saturday. I bought it 3 years ago when it was supposed to roll on to Glastonbury but it’s not possible with this reschedule.  

Happy for it to go to a good home. Preference given to someone with a good posting history, and if you are going to Glastonbury you can buy me a cider. 

• Upvote 1

Wtf all the Conventional Weapons songs rule. I always assumed it was just an album of leftovers and b-sides, but it’s actually the album they were working on before they decided to scrap it and make Danger Days, and it just so happens a lot of it is better than the stuff that ended up on Danger Days. 

53 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Risky move just having normal ped barrier at the back of that front circle area, should be mojo crowd barrier down both outside an inside! 

Did think it didn't seem that we'll blocked off compared to what I've seen for similar set ups at Hyde park or other stadiums 

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If someone could let us know bar prices, that’d be great. I’m going to guess £7.50 for a pint so looks like it’ll be the ol’ Capri Sun full of gin getting stuffed down my pants again. 

This trick always results in me pouring silly measures and getting absolutely obliterated despite telling myself I’ll take it easy. Really must listen to my own advice - I’ll be fuming if I wake up the next day and don’t remember any of MCR.

• Upvote 2