My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

On 5/9/2022 at 9:47 AM, andyrhodes24 said:

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get from the National Bowl to the Stadium? We've got a hotel near the Bowl but it's a 40 minute walk each way. The stadium seems like a nightmare to get to

I'm kinda surprised by that timing. I live near MK, and the National Bowl to stadium is at best a 5 minute drive, so it seems a surprise to me that Google Maps suggests the walk is that long.

Set times for those who might not have seen it yet. Takne from nme website.

The stage times for My Chemical Romance's trio of shows in Milton Keynes later this month have been announced!

On all three nights, the reunited headliners will perform for an hour-and-a-half, from 8:55pm to 10:25pm. Before that, main support Placebo have an hour-long set each day from 7:20pm to 8:20pm.

On Thursday, May 19, Witch Fever will kick things off from 5:30pm to 5:55pm, before LostAlone take to the stage from 6:20pm to 6:50pm.

Over the weekend, on Saturday, May 21 Cassyette will open proceedings from 5:30pm to 5:55pm, followed by Barns Courtney between 6:20pm and 6:50pm.

On the final night at the Stadium MK, on Sunday, May 22 Charlotte Sands will start at 5:30pm to 5:55pm, and then Starcrawler will perform between 6:20pm and 6:50pm.

My-Chemical-Romance-stage-times-Milton-Keynes.jpg?auto=compress&fit=max&w=3840

If anyone is going to the Stadium MK Thursday date can you let us know if there is a golden circle and if it’s a case of picking the wristbands up outside or getting in early to get in etc.? Thanks in advance! 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'm kinda surprised by that timing. I live near MK, and the National Bowl to stadium is at best a 5 minute drive, so it seems a surprise to me that Google Maps suggests the walk is that long.

I'm sure I won't be the only one walking that route, there's a 'Park & Stride' from the Bowl to the stadium which seems mental to me, shows how poor a place it is to hold a gig if one of the best transport solutions is to pay £10 to park up and still walk 40 mins!

3 hours ago, foolee said:

If anyone is going to the Stadium MK Thursday date can you let us know if there is a golden circle and if it’s a case of picking the wristbands up outside or getting in early to get in etc.? Thanks in advance! 

Will do

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I'm sure I won't be the only one walking that route, there's a 'Park & Stride' from the Bowl to the stadium which seems mental to me, shows how poor a place it is to hold a gig if one of the best transport solutions is to pay £10 to park up and still walk 40 mins!

Oh yeah I can guess it would be a busy one. Though I imagine it might feel quicker on the way there and longer on the way back after the show is done. I have spotted car parks in a few nearby industrial estates, plus some people might well try and park there anyway. Tbf, as said, I'm more surprised it's that long given it doesn't feel it to drive it. But I digress.

I've had the fun of walking half an hour to a show before tbf. I went to see The National with Franz Ferdinand at an open-air space near the Expo site in Milan in 2018, and it was a solid half an hour straight line walk on a hot summer day from train station to venue. It wasn't the most fun I've had. I'm also getting a bit of uncertainty about parking and stuff for the week after - I'm due to be seeing The Killers at the not-Ricoh Arena in Coventry, and that looks a long way from everything as well.

21 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Praying it won't be like the 2019 LA gig with phones out as far as the eye can see. It'd kill such a good atmosphere, that gig looked absolutely dead. 

Nah won’t be anything like that. That was their very first show back and also in America where the crowds are known to be uh… less engaging. We’ve been waiting years for this and I’m sure the crowd will be well up for it.

1 hour ago, jump said:

I can’t remember who was wishing for it in the thread earlier but I’ve just seen Creeper are supporting My Chemical Romance on some of their mainland Europe dates. 

Probably was me as they're my favourite band at the moment. Would consider going but am busy all the dates

14 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Probably was me as they're my favourite band at the moment. Would consider going but am busy all the dates

Yeah they are excellent band. It is odd as I can never seem to manage to see them at their own shows, it's always at festivals or supporting others including next week when I'm seeing them support Alice Cooper. 

14 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If anyone’s going before Saturday please would you mind getting a picture of the merch stand? Cheers!

There were pics on Twitter earlier from Eden under #mcreden. They may have been taken down by now. T shirts were 30. Long sleeves 40 and hoodies 60 from memory