My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

On 3/8/2022 at 10:33 AM, ace56blaa said:

The used and creeper deffo make a lot of sense. Was hoping for a more leftfield choice as I don't like when the whole bill of a gig is to similar. Creeper especially feel like mcr light (I still really like em) 

Will never get the comparison of them sounding alike. It's not even close. Look, maybe, but they're closer to AFI

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Will never get the comparison of them sounding alike. It's not even close. Look, maybe, but they're closer to AFI

Fully agree. They have never sounded like MCR. The same with AFI, overall. It’s just because they’re a bit spooky, isn’t it. 

Edited by Andre91

We’ll probably get Thursday and that’s it. Weird they’d announce the support for a tour in August and still have nothing for the UK dates… I’d take Turnstile, TBS and Badflower from those above but I’ve not checked schedules to see whether it’s actually possible. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Fully agree. They have never sounded like MCR. The same with AFI, overall. It’s just because they’re a bit spooky, isn’t it. 

AFI is one of Will’s fav bands, and of course MCR too. I always thought they sounded like MCR mixed with the Cult.

Although there are a couple on there I wouldn’t mind supporting, I do think those are just for the US leg and that we’ll get somebody completely different.

Turnstile are unfortunately in America for the MK dates so won’t be them, and I’m sure a bunch of others can be ruled out for similar reasons but I cba looking.

The Used and Creeper’s schedules seem to fit all too well considering they were originally rumoured to do it so I’m hoping for them. Predictable/safe? Yes, but the crowd will be loving every minute of them rather than being a bit nonplussed at some of the other stuff on there. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do always notice that acts tend to care less about announcing supports for UK tours. Leaving it to last minute, having tiny support acts in comparison with the us. Or sometimes not bothering announcing support at all. At least in recent years.  Had a few concerts recently where I literally couldn't find out supports acts until they showed up. 

5 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

I do always notice that acts tend to care less about announcing supports for UK tours. Leaving it to last minute, having tiny support acts in comparison with the us. Or sometimes not bothering announcing support at all. At least in recent years.  Had a few concerts recently where I literally couldn't find out supports acts until they showed up. 

I went to a show at Shepherds Bush Empire where the "support act" was a 20 minute visual the band had made that they projected onto the wall behind the stage. Bands are taking the piss lately..

6 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

Yeah you’re not wrong. Many a time I’ve wondered if I should show up early for the support but then even after scouring the internet, totally struggled to find out who it is. 

Hoping that’s not the case here as for such big gigs you’d sure hope that they’d have at least one pretty decent support act sorted out and announced, plus I’ll be arriving in MK for doors open due to my arranged coach so be nice to not just have to hang around until MCR are on. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah you’re not wrong. Many a time I’ve wondered if I should show up early for the support but then even after scouring the internet, totally struggled to find out who it is. 

Hoping that’s not the case here as for such big gigs you’d sure hope that they’d have at least one pretty decent support act sorted out and announced, plus I’ll be arriving in MK for doors open due to my arranged coach so be nice to not just have to hang around until MCR are on. 

It's annoying right. A) you want to support up and coming bands, so its good to put a support announcement out there. I've got into some of my favourite bands through looking up the support before a gig and sometimes if you can listen first and familiarize yourself you enjoy the set a lot more. 

B) America always seem to get huge support bands announced from the get go or very soon after tickets drop. Why not announce a support band to help drive ticket sales. I get it's easier to get a big American act on board on a tour of America, but even Australia etc bands seem to buddy up with other big bands to play them. 

C) We spend so much on big shows like this there is kind of an expectation they'll be big support acts. Like I spent the same on Red Hot Chilli Peppers tickets because they had Anderson Paak and Thundercat supporting

11 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

Tickets usually sell out here before a support act is announced so there's less incentive to provide a known and popular act as support. Maybe we get someone cool cuz MCR want to hang out with mates of theirs, or a favourite of the band (didn't Eden Project leak that it was originally set to be the band Clutch?). Or we could get a tour buy on (as long as the price isn't too high. Last Lady Gaga tour she just showed her netflix film instead lmao)

When it comes to this show, as with all big gigs, we will know the support and the times before we go.

------------------------------

I have noticed that if Live Nation is the promoter of a smaller tour, the venues seem to be embargoed from announcing the set times, and supports are also special secrets you have to scour twitter for to see if some online fan from an earlier gig mentions who they were. Even nice independent places that show their computer print out of times every single gig, just don't do it when it's Live Nation. I almost missed headliner Bree Runway a few weeks back because she came on at 8:30pm and they didn't tell anyone. 8:30pm on an 11pm curfew! that used to be first support when I was started going to gigs.