My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

6 minutes ago, jump said:

I thought Clutch was confirmed? I’m not really sure where it came from as I just remembered it being mentioned in the thread.

It’s a decades old reunion show, I’m not sure mainstream really matters here to be honest.

Just had a look and it seems Clutch had confirmed themselves for the Dublin show but nothing about the MK shows, although guess it would be a safe bet to assume they were doing the whole Euro/U.K. leg of the tour.

Still a weird choice of support act, and I’m still kind of hoping for Creeper even if they are basically MCR jr. 

Edited by FloorFiller

They had Thursday open for them in one or two of the shows that actually happened, and I think Jimmy Eat World were lined up to do some shows with them as well. It seems that they're going for the stuff that fans in 2005 might have been listening to rather than introducing newer acts to their audience.

Seems like a good approach. Everyone's there for nostalgia - feed them some more.

Fuck seeing Jimmy Eat World live again, they are so dire live nowadays.

Chances are the staduim shows are gonna have at least two support acts, the main one who does the entire tour and the regional up coming one from that country, Creeper could fit that. I'd still rather have Mindless Self Indulgence as support though, I was a fan of there's before their bass player married Gerard and I saw how they doubled in size from when they got married and had MSI as their support act on tours.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jump said:

Fuck seeing Jimmy Eat World live again, they are so dire live nowadays.

Chances are the staduim shows are gonna have at least two support acts, the main one who does the entire tour and the regional up coming one from that country, Creeper could fit that. I'd still rather have Mindless Self Indulgence as support though, I was a fan of there's before their bass player married Gerard and I saw how they doubled in size from when they got married and had MSI as their support act on tours.

MSI aren’t even active anymore are they? 

As for Jimmy Eat World, I haven’t seen them in like thirteen years so have no idea what they’re like live these days, but for a support act for MCR I can’t think of one I’d prefer more than them. Seeing them next year anyway so doesn’t bother me either way, but they’d go down a storm with that crowd. 

If not them, then any other emo/pop punk/post hardcore stuff from around that time would be equally great and surely go down really well. 

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

MSI aren’t even active anymore are they? 

As for Jimmy Eat World, I haven’t seen them in like thirteen years so have no idea what they’re like live these days, but for a support act for MCR I can’t think of one I’d prefer more than them. Seeing them next year anyway so doesn’t bother me either way, but they’d go down a storm with that crowd. 

If not them, then any other emo/pop punk/post hardcore stuff from around that time would be equally great and surely go down really well. 

MSI are on hiatus which is why I want MCR to bring them out of it. Hopefully the missus will demand to go on tour as the support act as she doesn't trust him on tour. lol

I've seen Jimmy Eat World (best not to use the acronym here) twice in the last 5 years at a festival and supporting Frank Turner*, both times after the first couple of songs they seem to give up and are just waiting for the gig to be over.

*Actually, thinking about it the support slot at Ally Pally seems cursed for me in general. Jimmy were boring at Frank Turner, Slow Thai was throwing up and throwing insults & shoes at the crowd at Slaves, At The Drive In were shambolic supporting Royal Blood, my mate got a bloody nose after being knocked in the face during Ho99o9 before Prodigy etc.

Edited by jump

On 7/1/2021 at 10:11 PM, a6l6e6x said:

If anyone needs somewhere to stay for this the travelodges in MK went on sale for these dates today, super super cheap

Presumably these are now sold out for the Saturday because Travelodge site isn't giving me any MK rooms for that date.

Irritating. Gonna have to stay in a AirBnB which is very not chic. Who the fuck plays Milton Keynes? I literally don't even know or care where it is. Play a real place.

33 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Presumably these are now sold out for the Saturday because Travelodge site isn't giving me any MK rooms for that date.

Irritating. Gonna have to stay in a AirBnB which is very not chic. Who the fuck plays Milton Keynes? I literally don't even know or care where it is. Play a real place.

I felt the same about Rammstein playing there, if it was at the Bowl I could understand but it's not even a big stadium. I reckon MK Stadium are telling the non-British promoters it's in London and offering it a lot cheaper than the likes of the smaller big London venues or something.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, jump said:

I felt the same about Rammstein playing there, if it was at the Bowl I could understand but it's not even a big stadium. I reckon MK Stadium are telling the non-British promoters it's in London and offering it a lot cheaper than the likes of the smaller big London venues or something.

I reckon they're saying look it's in the middle of the country and on the main rail line between Manchester Birmingham and London so instead of playing all three and all that schlepping around you can just play here and let them come to you. And promoters are like "yeah I'm vibing with that" and not giving a shit that in the UK you can't get a train fucking anywhere after about half ten. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Same but surely they are too heavy?

Yeah maybe, and they seem to be just doing album anniversary shows so probably not too likely, but they’re in the area at least! Granted it was like sixteen years ago and when they were playing smaller venues but I saw Every Time I Die support MCR so they’re not averse to having heavier acts support them. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Glassjaw are playing two shows in London a few days after these MCR shows. Would be over the moon with them as a support act. 

My partner has become hugely aggrieved that we can't go to the first night of that because we're in Edinburgh for Lorde and we can't go to the second night when we are actually in London but at a wedding lolololol. So it would heal some wounds if it did happen, but it seems unlikely because I hear "even if you get a ticket it's 50/50 whether he'll come on, he's got a colostomy bag, his health is fucked".

Not long before everything went down, they sent out an email with opening times pushed back by an hour. There won't be time for more than one support. Clutch seems a weird choice, but if I was in a kerrang band that went from undaground punx to a goth version of Queen, I'd probably want to solidify my genre credentials with a harder support on my comeback - something very easy to do when the tour is sold out and you're not relying on a support to sell an extra 10%.

45 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Not long before everything went down, they sent out an email with opening times pushed back by an hour. There won't be time for more than one support. Clutch seems a weird choice, but if I was in a kerrang band that went from undaground punx to a goth version of Queen, I'd probably want to solidify my genre credentials with a harder support on my comeback - something very easy to do when the tour is sold out and you're not relying on a support to sell an extra 10%.

I'm hoping the timings have changed now. Doors look to be 5pm on See Tickets so first act 6:30-7, second act 7:30-8:15, MCR 9pm? Absolutely no idea who it could be but Creeper followed by Yungblud would suit the audience from the names mentioned on here. Isn't Yungblud US-based?

• 7 months later...

There's nothing to suggest it won't go ahead.

I've only just caught up on this thread, and given that they were only getting bigger before the hiatus, I find it pretty funny that folk thought they couldn't keep the momentum going. They'd have reached this point eventually. Hiatus or not.

8 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

This is getting close now. Do we think it's going ahead?. Any more ideas on support acts?

I think it was rumoured that The Used were going to be supporting. I think another was touted but I can’t recall who. 

9 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

This is getting close now. Do we think it's going ahead?. Any more ideas on support acts?

9 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think it was rumoured that The Used were going to be supporting. I think another was touted but I can’t recall who. 

It was meant to be The Used and Creeper originally 

8 hours ago, foolee said:

It was meant to be The Used and Creeper originally 

Where did you hear that?! That would be incredible if they got those back - The Used have a gap in their tour and are doing Slam Dunk right after this tour finishes and Creeper have a convenient gap in their tour also. Fingers crossed. 

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Where did you hear that?! That would be incredible if they got those back - The Used have a gap in their tour and are doing Slam Dunk right after this tour finishes and Creeper have a convenient gap in their tour also. Fingers crossed. 

Just the official Download forums so not sure how legit it is but as you said the dates fit so hopefully they’ll support.