My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, Sparticus said:

Anyone else thinking that they've shifted the tour forward a month so that they can play a few festivals. If the options are wait until 2023, or book MCR in 2022, I think promoters will be eager to get them seeing how their tour will have been sold out for two years by then. 

That did cross my mind too

I'm happy the Eden sessions gig is moved now, it being the week before Glastonbury was a problem (well potential one - tickets permitting) so this takes that issue away

29 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That did cross my mind too

I'm happy the Eden sessions gig is moved now, it being the week before Glastonbury was a problem (well potential one - tickets permitting) so this takes that issue away

For me it could be a problem as I might be at uni and I feel like May is probably a pretty busy month...

On 4/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, Sparticus said:

Anyone else thinking that they've shifted the tour forward a month so that they can play a few festivals. If the options are wait until 2023, or book MCR in 2022, I think promoters will be eager to get them seeing how their tour will have been sold out for two years by then. 

Would've loved them at Download next year to make up for two years of waiting. MCR in May and June, but alas it's the same rollover headliners from 2020/21.

DL2023 is a good possibility though considering Reading and Leeds have turned into VFest.

4 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

Would've loved them at Download next year to make up for two years of waiting. MCR in May and June, but alas it's the same rollover headliners from 2020/21.

DL2023 is a good possibility though considering Reading and Leeds have turned into VFest.

Are they really a DL band? Surely still more suited to R&L - they booked Rage and QotSA so defo would booked MCR.

Edited by sacred shape

Just now, sacred shape said:

Are they really a DL band? Surely more suited to R&L?

They would be, but much of the current R/L demographic now is under 20. Look at the mixed reactions RATM got from the Darkfruits. "Who's this goth band?" If Rage are considered a "goth" band I'd hate to see what they think MCR are.

I think they'd get a better reception at Download now compared to Reading. Even Glasto would get its fare share of MCR fans if they played there. They've moved into that "next" category where the majority of the fans that followed MCR in their heyday are pushing 30 (and even older). 

Slight tangent but when I saw Metallica Download in 2012, they were roughly the same age Green Day are now. In a way, bands like Green Day, MCR, Linkin Park etc. are slowly becoming the "oldies" for the millennial generation. 

On 4/17/2021 at 11:28 PM, Andre91 said:

Got two standing tickets for the new Saturday date 😄 I am SO excited. I thought I’d missed out on this. I am unbelievably happy. 

I know a guy who's after one, did you just find them randomly or was there a mini resale?

4 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I know a guy who's after one, did you just find them randomly or was there a mini resale?

I’m assuming that tickets became available again when they rescheduled the dates and offered people the opportunity to either roll over or refund. The refund tickets must have been what went up. 

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

If anyone needs somewhere to stay for this the travelodges in MK went on sale for these dates today, super super cheap

Thanks for posting that. It reminded me to look again and see if any tickets had gone back on sale. When I have looked before its only been singles or 3 tickets and you cant leave a single.

Tried a few sites and managed to pick up a pair of seated tickets for the Saturday, feeling good 😊

10 hours ago, Dales said:

Thanks for posting that. It reminded me to look again and see if any tickets had gone back on sale. When I have looked before its only been singles or 3 tickets and you cant leave a single.

Tried a few sites and managed to pick up a pair of seated tickets for the Saturday, feeling good 😊

If this ever happens again with the 3 tickets problem, book 1 in one browser and add it to basket. Then go in with a different browser and pick up the 2 tickets you want while the lonely seat is reserved. I did this once and it worked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Padjeq said:

If this ever happens again with the 3 tickets problem, book 1 in one browser and add it to basket. Then go in with a different browser and pick up the 2 tickets you want while the lonely seat is reserved. I did this once and it worked.

Thanks for the tip, that could be very useful and maybe explains why there are always singles left. I have often wondered why it wont let me leave a single but there are singles on sale.

Cheers

1 hour ago, jump said:

So are Clutch supporting them on the new dates or will there be someone else? I'm still hoping for Mindless Self Indulgence to be announced.

Where did the Clutch rumour come from again? Seems a… strange choice to support MCR in this day and age. Was expecting something more like Creeper or even -shiver- Yungblud. As awesome as Clutch would be, I can’t imagine they’d go down particularly well with large portions of the crowd. 

edit: although saying that, I thought Clutch’s time to shine had well and truly come and gone over a decade ago, but it appears their latest couple of albums reached the top 20 in the U.K. which I’m kind of flabbergasted about, so maybe there’s more mainstream appetite for them than I assumed.

Edited by FloorFiller

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Where did the Clutch rumour come from again? Seems a… strange choice to support MCR in this day and age. Was expecting something more like Creeper or even -shiver- Yungblud. As awesome as Clutch would be, I can’t imagine they’d go down particularly well with large portions of the crowd. 

edit: although saying that, I thought Clutch’s time to shine had well and truly come and gone over a decade ago, but it appears their latest couple of albums reached the top 20 in the U.K. which I’m kind of flabbergasted about, so maybe there’s more mainstream appetite for them than I assumed.

I thought Clutch was confirmed? I’m not really sure where it came from as I just remembered it being mentioned in the thread.

It’s a decades old reunion show, I’m not sure mainstream really matters here to be honest.

It’s the norm for a band with a following to make a dent in the sales charts, the upcoming bands suffer from having to sell the album over its lifetime so they can’t make a dent in the charts unlike an established band who have all their fans buy it at the same time on release week to make the dent. Also kudos for using chart positions and not Spotify to prove a point about the size of a band. Listening to shit for a free on that week’s fat burning work out playlist isn’t a great indicator if someone would actually pay to see them at a gig unlike chart positions.